Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/18 - 11/24 South American Coupamania

KawadaSmile

6 hours ago, SirEdger said:

All this talk of cricket is jibberish to me. I don't have a freaking clue how that game works.

It's really not that dissimilar to baseball. The batting team is trying to get runs by running back and forward between the two sets of stumps. If you hit the ball cleanly over the boundary then you get an automatic six runs. If you hit it over the boundary but it touches the ground before you get four runs. Otherwise it's just however many laps between the stumps the batsmen can manage after hitting the ball. The bowling team are trying to hit the stumps because that eliminates the batsman. They can also eliminate them with a clean catch from one of their hits.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's not a thread for it yet as the show isn't until tomorrow but Survivor Series sounds like a shit show this year. The matches, especially the brand supremacy elimination matches, feel absolutely pointless. Half of those motherfuckers have only been on their "brand" for a couple of weeks anyway. Why would they give a shit to make Smackdown look better than NXT or whatever? It doesn't make any sense. It's horrible booking where the fans are supposed to care about the brands, which feels more like what the rich, white billionaire owner fantasizing about than what reality is. This shit never works because the damn brands don't work & I don't understand why WWE keeps going back to that well. It sucks. 

At least with the NXT roster being involved we get some fresh matchups. There's some intrigue there with things like Shayna Vs. Becky or Keith Lee mixing it up with main roster guys but there's so many elimination multiperson matches & 3-way matches it just feels like a clusterfuck.

49 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

They shit all over Wargames too. It was already a sanitized shitty version of Wargames but it has to be in November, they had to do two because gimmicks are meaningless now and then it got no build because the did this.

It's a weird dichotomy for myself. On the one hand, it feels like a lot of the women's firsts that WWE are doing are forced & thus, inorganic. On the other hand, I care more about women in WWE now than I ever have, so it must be working on some level. Like, Becky Lynch feels like the biggest star in the company right now. Her showing up in NXT again felt like a big deal. I have more interest in the women's War Games than anything else. But at the same time, much like Hell in a Cell or Royal Rumble, we're to the point now where the gimmick match shows have to have one for each sex & that feels awkward, forced & like Survivor Series "brands," not needed.

I just miss having blow off gimmick matches that make sense in the story instead of a gimmick match happening because it is that time of year.

55 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

They shit all over Wargames too. It was already a sanitized shitty version of Wargames but it has to be in November, they had to do two because gimmicks are meaningless now and then it got no build because the did this.

And then AEW is gonna do a Match Beyond in a few months with buckets of blood to settle an actual blood feud between two factions.

The whole "yearly gimmick matches" was bad already, but now that you *have to* do both a men and a women version because well because, it's even worse.

At first I was excited for this weekend's NXT and WWE PPVs - they will deliver in-ring, if nothing else - but now I can't even be motivated to drive to Dollar General to buy a $10 WWE Network gift card (I know there are a million other ways to pay, but I like the idea of pumping $10 for the month and that's it). 

20 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

So I guess from now on whenever Seth appears, he is getting Punk chants. That's not going to be annoying at all.

I enjoyed the show tonight. Especially the women and the closing brawl. It's pretty clear the biggest winners of NXT appearing on Raw and SD are Cole, Rhea and Shayna. I can't see them being in NXT for much longer. I haven't watched a ppv in months but I'll watch Survivor Series.

Add Lee to that list. Dude's spectacular.

On 11/19/2019 at 5:50 PM, The Thread Killer said:

Please Pro Wrestling Gods, let them give The Revival vs. O'Reilly & Fish lots of time with no screwy outside interference. This match could be so damn good, if they let it be.

On 11/19/2019 at 5:54 PM, sek69 said:

They won't. It will just be the next battle in the Great T Shirt War of 2019.

Finally got around to watching NXT last night and saw this match.  It did not disappoint, one little bit.  In fact (and I know nobody will agree with me, but I'm going to say it anyhow) I think I would go as far as to say it was a MOTYC.  They wisely gave it around 25 minutes and let it breathe, and I thought it was outstanding.  Agree/Disagree anybody?