Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hall of Fame 2020-21

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, if you're inducting the nWo, you should include (nearly) everyone or limit it to just the original 3 members. I just think its hard to draw the line when the fact is, the criticism that the nWo was "watered down" is not 100% the case - sure, it did nothing for Michael Wallstreet or Bubba Rogers and their inclusion did nothing for the nWo, but what about Buff Bagwell? Konnan? Scott Steiner? Friggin' Randy Savage? Curt Hennig came late to the party, but was the central figure in one of the nWo's biggest storylines. Does that mean Horace Hogan gets a ring? I hate to say it, but yes, yes it does. I'm not demanding equal time for Vincent when its time to give speeches and I'll also add  that anyone who joined post-1999 should be ineligible (sorry, Ron and Don Harris) because nWo 2000 was just such dogshit and the WWE shouldn't go out of their way to induct Nazis. 

The WWE Hall of Fame has, at least since it became a televised event that they sold tickets to, all about getting the bigger legends on the show (because you're not going to sell out an arena without making sure you have "name" talent - most notably Hulk Hogan, who has seemingly either been inducted himself or inducted someone else at like 90% of these things. This year he'll be inducted as part of the nWo, one of these years they'll have him induct Eric Bischoff, and on and on...Triple H and Flair are in that same category too as I'm guessing one or the other will be inducted Batista. Similarly, I would not be surprised to see someone "Austin-adjacent" get inducted this year (maybe Heyman?) as, with Austin seemingly back in good graces with the WWE, I could definitely see him being there this year.

If you're to induct the "original" original NWO, then, Ted Dibiase should be in along with Hogan, Hall, Nash & Waltman. He was a central part of the early days of the NWO right before Eric Bischoff was revealed as the mastermind. I'm at least expecting Bischoff to induct them.

15 hours ago, flyonthewall2983 said:

DX last year ... they just came out to their music and got on with it. Maybe the same this year.  

This is my guess (and hope) too. The show is already too damn long as it is.

14 hours ago, JRH said:

Actually, Batista wants Finlay to induct him.

People are speculating that it won't happen, but I think Batista understands the WWE system, knew exactly what he was doing by tweeting his choice publicly, and - let's face it - is a bigger star than the rest of the roster combined. 

Plus, Batista knows how to get what he wants... :)

UHxEU8B.gif

(I know I'm probably not the first person to make that joke.)

Big Dave can get anything he wants: a Mania match with Hunter, Disney to bring back the director of Guardians of the Galaxy, Dana Brooke's DMs on Twitter. I'm sure he can get who he wants to induct him.

Also there's the matter of Fit being an employee of the company whereas I'm certain Vince saw Lance Russell as just some old southern rasslin' guy. 

Forgive my ignorance, but why is it unlikely that they'd let Finlay induct Batista? Did he piss someone off? Is he not a big enough star? Is it because he worked for Tajiri in Japan? 

I'd be interested in hearing Finlay talk about Batista, it might even get me to seek out that segment on Dailymotion or something like that. I enjoyed Vader's introduction for Stan Hansen last year or two years ago or whenever that was. 

1 hour ago, gordi said:

Forgive my ignorance, but why is it unlikely that they'd let Finlay induct Batista? Did he piss someone off? Is he not a big enough star? Is it because he worked for Tajiri in Japan? 

I'd be interested in hearing Finlay talk about Batista, it might even get me to seek out that segment on Dailymotion or something like that. I enjoyed Vader's introduction for Stan Hansen last year or two years ago or whenever that was. 

I wasn't totally kidding. I honestly think it's slightly more likely that they have Chris Pratt or Vin Diesel do it than Finlay. 

I mean, shit, he was in a movie or two with Stallone. That's who they had induct Hogan. 

Finlay might get fired just on the idea that Batista would prefer him to HHH.

Oh, OK. I thought that maybe there was some news I'd missed or something. 

I'd love it if Finlay got fired, moved to AEW as an agent, and taught all of their younger wrestlers how to throw strikes and make a pro wrestling match look more like a fight. 

(Off topic, but even without Finlay... maybe Dustin and Mox could teach some of the other AEW wrestlers those lessons).

I don't see his family signing off on it. I have a feeling they'll get someone really low on the D list, to counteract the star power Batista will bring to the event. 

Either Bam Bam or Vader for the posthumous spot. I say it every year but I'd like to see Haku get in. Maybe Tommy Dreamer (is he still with WWE?) or one of the ECW originals. Drawing a blank on the lady wrestler/valet they'll put in, I can't even remember who last year's was. Same for tag teams, as the most obvious ones might not have a good chance unless Demolition and others mends the fences. Powers of Pain would be a cool choice. 

Just now, flyonthewall2983 said:

Drawing a blank on the lady wrestler/valet they'll put in, I can't even remember who last year's was.

Torrie last year wasn't it?  I imagine it's only a matter of time before Molly gets in, still on good terms with the company, seems to be a regular guest at the HoF most years and does the Axxess signings too.