Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/09 - 18/09 Cruzeiro got relegated! Fuck them!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Apparently Tribute to the Troops will not air on tv this year

The quota of propaganda show was already reached with the two MBSManias. Can't have any more. Fuck the troops, WWE need to support an islamic dictature. Hopefully no one gets raped again since this show will really flew under the radar this time.

Really good NXT tonight. Garza/Lio was hate-filled and awesome. Full sail was going nuts and Garza is a star. Dakota/Mia was also good and featured a crazy bump by Mia doing a backdrop driver on Dakota through a table. The main event was fine with a great finish. Even Breezango/Bollywood boys were good. Next week should be a crazy week in the Wednesday night war.

22 hours ago, El-P said:

Ok, Lana totally over the top acting was legit funny. Yeah, I'm such a millenial, I'm sampling the only thing that "interests" me on Youtube.

I told you, bubba! Those segments are fun like those old JCVD movies like Bloodsport. It's cheesy, corny, and probably bad, but it's just checks all the entertainment boxes somehow.

11 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

Really good NXT tonight. Garza/Lio was hate-filled and awesome. Full sail was going nuts and Garza is a star. Dakota/Mia was also good and featured a crazy bump by Mia doing a backdrop driver on Dakota through a table. The main event was fine with a great finish. Even Breezango/Bollywood boys were good. Next week should be a crazy week in the Wednesday night war.

Hell yes. Garza is one of those dudes who just has "star" all over him, and the feud with the equally gifted Rush was a blessing. It just had everything you could ask in a memorable feud: a man messing with someone else's family, a proposal after a match and stripper pants. Amazing content.

1 hour ago, Jmare007 said:

The hell? "Chica" is not misogynistic at all. It basically translates to girl or lady depending on the context. Out of everything Punk said, "chica" should be the least of Lana's problems :lol: :lol:

Given how absurdly obnoxious she is during her segments, I'm pretty confident she's just working people here.

On 12/10/2019 at 11:06 PM, SirEdger said:

Primo's suspension is so weird, considering he's working exclusively for his dad lately.

I haven't asked about the inside skinny on this but not giving or missing a sample is an automatic fail.

It is far easier to be in the system and being used on TV regularly than not. A minefield if you are out of that specific routine.

Primo's local/assigned doctor on the island might not have available for whatever reason. Things might legal in Puerto Rico that aren't in the US or on the Wellness list.

I do know there's a dedicated in-house app that you scan supplements with that displays what is and isn't approved by the WWE Wellness policy.

On 12/11/2019 at 12:19 AM, El-P said:

The quota of propaganda show was already reached with the two MBSManias. Can't have any more. Fuck the troops, WWE need to support an islamic dictature. Hopefully no one gets raped again since this show will really flew under the radar this time.

Imagine for a minute that a member of the board is a former soldier or someone who lost a brother or a father in the war.

2 hours ago, Pterois said:
Imagine for a minute that a member of the board is a former soldier or someone who lost a brother or a father in the war.

Well, except I was actually underlining WWE's hypocrisy on those matters, as the second half of the sentence shows. The entire post is sarcastic actually, I don't know how it can fly over anyone's head.

And The Tribute to the Troops still were awful propaganda shows though.In a way like KawadaSmile said, those shows were even worse than any MBSMania. Support the american imperialism and unjustified warmongering politics people ! Get Hacksaw Duggan here NOW ! (actually, it reminds me that the very first time I was embarrassed to watch pro-wrestling was during the Iraki angle in 1990)

I'm no fan of American imperialism, but like many entertainers who are/were against endless war, I tend to veer on the side that believes shows like Tribute to the Troops and USO tours can and should exist not so much to show the support for the war, but to show support for the people who are away from their families, serving our country.

I know its corny, but its the old "Support the Soldier, Not the War" thing and, as I do have extended family in the military, I feel pretty comfortable saying that the troops on the ground are not living high on the hog and their families do make sacrifices and they don't all share the same "Nuke Em' All" worldview (though, obviously, like in any profession or working for any company, there's an undeniable pressure for some level of indoctrination of that company's tenets - for example, I'm a public school teacher and, over time, I've become pretty staunchly pro-union and pro-public education, two things that I definitely wouldn't have considered being important to me before entering the profession). 

That being said, I do hope that the WWE are able to bring the same level of performers and production to the troops this year when it is untelevised. That, to me, would be more telling and worthy of criticism if they don't. Supporting the troops by bringing them a fun holiday show shouldn't be a PR move.

33 minutes ago, DMJ said:

I know its corny, but its the old "Support the Soldier, Not the War" thing and, as I do have extended family in the military, I feel pretty comfortable saying that the troops on the ground are not living high on the hog and their families do make sacrifices and they don't all share the same "Nuke Em' All" worldview

I agree. Like the poet said : "War is the slaughter of people who don't know each others for the benefits of people who know each other and don't kill each other."

34 minutes ago, DMJ said:

That being said, I do hope that the WWE are able to bring the same level of performers and production to the troops this year when it is untelevised. That, to me, would be more telling and worthy of criticism if they don't. Supporting the troops by bringing them a fun holiday show shouldn't be a PR move.

Yeah, this too.

2 hours ago, Log said:

Stephanie's clueless tweet a couple years ago has damned anything WWE does to being a cynical PR move.  While I do agree with that sentiment, sometimes it's still a great thing for the people on the receiving end.

Steph's biggest mistake was saying the quiet part out loud. Nearly everything any big company does is an organized PR move, they just don't have CEOs who's daughters spill the beans in public. 

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Steph's biggest mistake was saying the quiet part out loud. Nearly everything any big company does is an organized PR move, they just don't have CEOs who's daughters spill the beans in public. 

Exactly.  But, even if the move isn't done with the purest of intentions, at least someone who needs help gets something at the end of the day.

Yeah, the Connor's Cure stuff for example is pure "look at us doing good stuff" corporate grandstanding, but it does benefit Children's Hospital here in Pittsburgh so I can handle seeing all the masturbatory video packages knowing it helps kids in my town who are in bad situations.

Honestly, it's why John Cena has my respect since he does tons of charity work with little to no publicity because he seems to be a good dude rather than to give WWE positive pub. When Troy Polamalu played for the Steelers there were always stories going around of him just randomly showing up to visit sick kids just to brighten their day and I always have a ton of respect for famous people who don't have to do that who do it just because they want to. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Viper/Piper Niven just tweeted earlier she had an attack of Bell's Palsy.

Well, with that, I guess she has to be out of Takeover Blackpool II. I don't know how severe the attack was but if I go by when my grandmother had hers, it took her at least a month to get back to normal.