WrestleMania 36

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The specific days for each WrestleMania match appear to be set, as WWE is listing days for each match on their website. WWE.com is currently listing the following matches for each day of the two-day event, with the days listed on each match’s preview page:

Saturday (April 4th)
* WWE Championship Match: Drew McIntyre vs. Brock Lesnar
* NXT Women’s Championship Match: Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley
* The Undertaker vs. AJ Styles
* Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins

Sunday (April 5th)
* WWE Universal Championship Match: Roman Reigns vs. Bill Goldberg
* RAW Women’s Championship Match: Shayna Baszler vs. Becky Lynch
* John Cena vs. “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt

13 hours ago, Jmare007 said:

The specific days for each WrestleMania match appear to be set, as WWE is listing days for each match on their website. WWE.com is currently listing the following matches for each day of the two-day event, with the days listed on each match’s preview page:

Saturday (April 4th)
* WWE Championship Match: Drew McIntyre vs. Brock Lesnar
* NXT Women’s Championship Match: Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley
* The Undertaker vs. AJ Styles
* Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins

Sunday (April 5th)
* WWE Universal Championship Match: Roman Reigns vs. Bill Goldberg
* RAW Women’s Championship Match: Shayna Baszler vs. Becky Lynch
* John Cena vs. “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt

They mean Smackdown Women’s right?  I mean I’d imagine they’d like the idea of Charlotte to be a multiple time winner of all the belts, but her character doesn’t strike me as the going back to obtain a “long since beneath her” title! 

They haven’t announced an IC, US, Cruiser or Tag matches?

I suppose they don’t NEED to be on a card under the circumstances, as plenty of non-WM (and not counting the early Survior Series and Royal Rumble cards) haven’t had one or more of those titles not on the card, but it will be interesting to see only the big 4 belts being on the line for one card.

Just now, SteveJRogers said:

I was about to say Canadian and US travel restrictions, but doesn’t Brock live in Canada these days?

Saskatchewan.

According to this week's Observer the belief is that he'll be getting into the US for Mania, and this week's Raw, which he's scheduled for, should show that one way or the other.

The WWE stands to lose millions by  not running WM at a later date . Just move the event to August , hopefully the pent up demand for live events will be thur the roof. Running the show with no fans and an ex- NFL player hosting the event is a new kind of stupid. All of this indy talent that the WWE has been hording  should be worried about their spots. The WWE is going to have to cut cost in the near future if they do receive their normal WM revenue. You know , right sizing the company .

12 hours ago, Memphis Mark said:

The WWE stands to lose millions by  not running WM at a later date . Just move the event to August , hopefully the pent up demand for live events will be thur the roof. Running the show with no fans and an ex- NFL player hosting the event is a new kind of stupid. All of this indy talent that the WWE has been hording  should be worried about their spots. The WWE is going to have to cut cost in the near future if they do receive their normal WM revenue. You know , right sizing the company .

Is Mania actually that big a cash cow these days?  Between gate and merch I figure its similar to losing a couple weeks worth of TV money.  It stings but is hardly that big a hit to the year.  That's not to defend the decision, I just don't think there's any major financial imperative behind the decision.

12 hours ago, WingedEagle said:

Is Mania actually that big a cash cow these days?  Between gate and merch I figure its similar to losing a couple weeks worth of TV money.  It stings but is hardly that big a hit to the year.  That's not to defend the decision, I just don't think there's any major financial imperative behind the decision.

It's still a decent mainstream/lapsed fan attraction on a yearly basis and it's a valuable brand name, especially when Vince is wanting to sell his PPVs off to a subscription service. I wouldn't want to be diluting that brand when you're wanting to sell. The smarter play surely is to hold it off until they can have crowds back and making it into a super celebration of wrestling being back, then there's a wave of momentum and good-will that could help the brand in negotiations.

14 hours ago, FMKK said:

It's still a decent mainstream/lapsed fan attraction on a yearly basis and it's a valuable brand name, especially when Vince is wanting to sell his PPVs off to a subscription service. I wouldn't want to be diluting that brand when you're wanting to sell. The smarter play surely is to hold it off until they can have crowds back and making it into a super celebration of wrestling being back, then there's a wave of momentum and good-will that could help the brand in negotiations.

Meltzer said the gate would have been at least $15m and that's not counting the per head merch which is always huge WM week, plus the other events (NXT, HOF, RAW, SD)

It's their biggest week of the year, losing all that revenue is huge

10 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Yeah, they're gonna show Wrestlemania 32 next week and in 2 weeks, Wrestlemania 35 before Night 2 of Mania 36.

I just realized that there is not a single thing from a Wrestlemania since XXX that I'd like to watch.

Wait, I did love the first Roman/Brock match.  

So, one match out of five Manias.