Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

Speaking of Netflix, the episode of their sports docu-drama series Untold, entitled “Crime & Penalties” has footage of Triple H, Rock and Chyna at a birthday party for the subject, whose father (both interviewed btw) is said to be the primary inspiration for Tony Soprano. They all look rather uncomfortable being there in the VHS footage of the party they are briefly seen in. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, flyonthewall2983 said:

Speaking of Netflix, the episode of their sports docu-drama series Untold, entitled “Crime & Penalties” has footage of Triple H, Rock and Chyna at a birthday party for the subject, whose father (both interviewed btw) is said to be the primary inspiration for Tony Soprano. They all look rather uncomfortable being there in the VHS footage of the party they are briefly seen in. 

"You don't say no to Jimmy".

That episode is worth it for anyone with even a passing interest in hockey or mob types.

Yeah for me it’s interesting since I grew up near the where the thrashers played and it’s not surprising since HHH didn’t live far away from New Fairfield (I think he was in Shelton at the time).  The whole Galante thing is crazy in retrospect though.  

Pretty much as bad as expected. It's really sad. Of all the guys from the previous generation, only Bret Hart really has said what needed to be said. The rest is either silence, vague useless stuff like this or plain really embarrassing stuff like Orton and even worse, Cena. What a glorious bunch.

Nick Khan keeping on praising Vince *after* the NDA's and the first departure, *after* he came back in power, was a clear sign he was a piece a trash. So there. He's also Dwayne's long time friend. 

People really thought it was all over, uh ? "Move on", as JR said, uh ? 

Nah. 

Ok, now Nick Khan needs to be swiped off the wall of this dirtbag company already.

2 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

HHH isn't one of the individuals named, but you figure he had to be in on it if his wife was.

Come on. He did not even know what was in the lawsuit....

Yeah... 

Happy Mania Seas... oh, who the fuck are we kidding ? This is not over, and the company is still dirty as fuck.

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

TKO has made it clear they won't touch Vince with a 10-foot pole (time is on their side, as Vince's is running out). Do we think they are already aware of who is implicated and to which extent?  

Maybe they didn't know names, but even Vince couldn't keep all this under wraps without help.  Plus there's no way TKO does a billion dollar deal like this without asking "hey, what's all that money Vince has earmarked for payoffs all about?"

The company line is going to be that Vince made a victim out of everyone - we're already seeing John Laurenaitis using that exact play.

Nick Khan, Brad Blum, and Stephanie McMahon (also "outed" in this article, as if we didn't know it was her before her name was revealed) are only guilty of hiring who Vince told them to hire, even if they weren't qualified and there was gossip that he was sleeping with them.

Vince told them to find a fake job for her, so they did.

Vince told them to move her from legal to talent relations, so they did.

How were they to know that she was being trafficked and forced to participate in degrading sex acts or lose her job?

How were they to know Vince was using company money to cover massive payoffs to women for "consensual sex of an embarrassing nature"? 

It was Vince! It was Vince all along! A lone villain in a company full of virtuous, honest people who were just following orders and would never willingly be bystanders for such heinous and inhumane acts.

Except that is exactly 1000% what they did. They enabled. They stood by and did nothing. They actively helped Vince try to evade detection and steer clear of potential legal landmines (if you believe the lawsuit, which I do, Grant being shuffled around the office and kept at arm's length from certain figures seems purposeful). They knew Vince was using power and influence to harass and proposition women - even if we won't go as far as to say "assault" - and they let it go because that is, historically, the corporate culture at many major entertainment/media companies and they let it happen. Miramax. FOX News. WWE and the list goes on. 

5 hours ago, sek69 said:

Plus there's no way TKO does a billion dollar deal like this without asking "hey, what's all that money Vince has earmarked for payoffs all about?"

It's either of two things, they are dirty liars about it, or they are incompetent. That also goes for "Papa Trip", the head of creative of WWE, who "did not read the lawsuit" that everyone on wrestling forums and reddits and Twitter had read. Not aware, sorry 'bout that, learnin' as we go....

TKO is basically a dirty company anyway from the very start. They cut a deal with Vince knowing about the NDA debacle. They kept Dana White in charge of UFC, the guy who publicly slapped his wife in the face (while promoting slapfighting). UFC shows are actively promoting Donald Trump, who himself is a sexual predator, rapist, white supremacist and self-professed futur dictator. All good fun.

The long-time relationship of Donald Trump and Vince McMahon (and his family) is quite the elephant in the room too. WWE has avoided as much as possible to even refer to Trump after he got elected, but he's still a WWE Hall of Famer (imagine being put in the last honorary list as this guy), and he's been a non negligeable part of Mania history. There's tons of similarities between Vince and Trump on a personal level too. 

10 minutes ago, DMJ said:

It was Vince! It was Vince all along! 

Damn. I wish I thought of that one myself. Clap clap clap.

10 minutes ago, DMJ said:

Except that is exactly 1000% what they did. They enabled. They stood by and did nothing. They actively helped Vince try to evade detection and steer clear of potential legal landmines (if you believe the lawsuit, which I do, Grant being shuffled around the office and kept at arm's length from certain figures seems purposeful). They knew Vince was using power and influence to harass and proposition women - even if we won't go as far as to say "assault" - and they let it go because that is, historically, the corporate culture at many major entertainment/media companies and they let it happen. Miramax. FOX News. WWE and the list goes on. 

This.

Vince made the payoffs with his own money, but they should have been declared on WWE's financial reports because they provided the company with a material benefit. Also, he signed the NDAs in secret and failed to inform WWE even though he signed them in both a personal capacity and in his capacity as chairman of the company. He reportedly did the latter on the advice of Jerry McDevitt. The man he had relied on for decades as his fixer being responsible for the bad advice that ends up taking him down for good would be quite the twist.

16 hours ago, El-P said:

Also, apparently Brock Lesnar is back on the roster's profile page ? 

The stench... 

Brock was only removed somewhat from the video game. He was never taken off the roster page. More lazy, bad, non-reporting from so-called "journalists."

To be as fair as I can be, it's believable that some WWE execs knew they were giving Vince's latest girlfriend a no-work job without knowing about the trafficking.  Now should they have asked more questions? Probably, but we've known for like 40 years everyone knows their careers are at the mercy of Vince's whims.

Plus i think there's levels to the executive class in WWE as well. I 100% believe anyone who made it into Vince's trusted inner circle knew (or at least had a pretty good idea) of what went on, but maybe not so much the assistant VP of legal affairs or someone like that.

9 hours ago, sek69 said:

To be as fair as I can be, it's believable that some WWE execs knew they were giving Vince's latest girlfriend a no-work job without knowing about the trafficking. 

Which is really pretty damn bad already, in term of company policy.

21 hours ago, sek69 said:

To be as fair as I can be, it's believable that some WWE execs knew they were giving Vince's latest girlfriend a no-work job without knowing about the trafficking.  Now should they have asked more questions? Probably, but we've known for like 40 years everyone knows their careers are at the mercy of Vince's whims.

Plus i think there's levels to the executive class in WWE as well. I 100% believe anyone who made it into Vince's trusted inner circle knew (or at least had a pretty good idea) of what went on, but maybe not so much the assistant VP of legal affairs or someone like that.

This seems to be the most plausible explanation to me.  Giving your girlfrield a job with no work while not ethical or right is not totally out of place in an overgrown mom n pop like the WWE was.  Even a guy like Emmanuel probably looked at it the same way he looked at some studio boss in the 80s did.  Its the conduct and what Vince did with her that drags this beyond the pale.  Based on guys like Cornettes comments it seems like he careful with who he showed this side of personality.  My guess is he kept Steph in dark but let guys like JJ in.  Until the recent years when CTE/dementia has seemingly begun to set in he wasnt a stupid man and probably knew the types of people he could trust with this versus those he could not.  

It begins... Maybe.

(Booker T is known to put out pointless worked feuds - such as with Corey Graves a few years back - for his own amusement, clicks, or...reasons.)

“I did. I saw Punk. No, we’ll talk about that off the air. But I almost had like a little run-in with CM Punk. The internet might want to pick that up. Me and CM Punk almost got into it at NXT this week. We’ll talk about it later. I don’t want to put it out there because they’re gonna pick it up and run with it. But yeah, I’ll talk to you about that off the air.”

Clearly Booker loves to start shit this week. First, it's about Sami Zayn being upset about the crowd reaction to him winning the Gauntlet on Monday; now this. But hey, let's take the word of a guy who fired one of his workers who was getting stalked and sided with the stalker, right?