Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

Heyman knew nothing at all. Sure. The guy closest to Lesnar for years. A pathological liar if there was ever one too.

The timing of Foley ending his podcast surely is interesting too. Maybe he thought it was time to wrap-up the days of telling good ol' stories about the Attitude Era.

Of course, Bruce Prichard chooses now to go into surgery. I wonder if his podcast is gonna go dark too.

Then you get stuff like Torrie Wilson saying how mortifying all those bikini contest were, how she saw one performer almost in tears at a house show. And how Vince wanted her to do the Sable "paint job" spots and a special PPV after the Playboy shoot.

I sure hope the floodgates are gonna be washed away. Janel Grant's attorney talking about being flooded with people coming forward attesting the "culture of corruption" that is Vince's McMahon's WWE. We're way past the point of "cognitive dissonance requested".

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Dav'oh said:

Is Wall Street going to accept a man who kept zero books and leached the talent's credit cards and wrote rubber checks and et cetera last time he ran a wrestling company, as head of a billion dollar concern? Unlikely.

They're in a dilly of a pickle. Years ago talk was Wall Street would reject HHH, if, as thought at the time, he eventually took over from Vince.

You can't just replace the upper echelons of a global behemoth with carnie folk.

Thing is, most of those sharks at the top of the business worlds are the biggest carnies of them all.

Yeah, this latest booking of Cody (which is getting an unusual amount of hate even from the Vincels) screams Dwayne asserting dominance.  Felt like that even before the newest reports came out.

And remember that he tried to do exactly this with the DC Cinematic Universe before Black Adam bombed and his reputation in Hollywood tanked, so this would be a logical next step i guess

22 hours ago, Embrodak said:

I could see Heyman out of the loop on something like that just because he’s not the kind of guy you give blackmailable info to, even if you’re close to him.

Brock's handler, mentor and whisperer for over 2 decades doesn't just know where the bodies are buried. He brought the shovels and got his hands dirty too.

One of the wall name that has certainly been talking to WWE a lot lately - Scott D'Amore. Not a lot of other available people have run TV wrestling companies at any level. Could also see him as the wrestling guy in charge if they put in a corporate guy as the figurehead.

On 2/3/2024 at 10:25 AM, Blehschmidt said:

Somehow I expect this whole thing to end with either Jeff Jarrett or Eric Bischoff legitimately in charge of WWE.

On 2/3/2024 at 10:56 AM, Timbo Slice said:

Heyman is the guy to replace him, there really is nobody else. 

Vince Russo.

I was struck by this note, mentioned in passing, from an article on the Observer site about TKO asking Vince to resign

"One source noted to the Hollywood Reporter that had Grant's lawsuit been filed earlier, the $5 billion deal with Netflix may have been put into jeopardy."

So, did TKO just luck out on the timing of the lawsuit or, conspiracy time, did they perhaps influence the timing?

Edit: although I guess they probably wouldn't have let Vince be part of the whole NYSE thing a few days before if they knew about the lawsuit 

I think it's possible they tried to postpone the publicization of the lawsuit, yes. Vince was already in the hot seat years ago, so they had some prior knowledge of what could go down. Not impossible that they just managed to stall news a bit while they got rid of VKm.

On 2/4/2024 at 10:05 AM, Migs said:

One of the wall name that has certainly been talking to WWE a lot lately - Scott D'Amore. Not a lot of other available people have run TV wrestling companies at any level. Could also see him as the wrestling guy in charge if they put in a corporate guy as the figurehead.

Fired today

Here we go. The name Ashley Massaro pops up. WWE knew about the rape claim, which they had denied in the past.

Of course, Lauritainis' lawyer denies the fact he helped cover it.

Anyway.

*vomit*

Burn the place down to the ground.

That’s not gonna matter once all the other things are uncovered. 

For the initial civil lawsuit, Johnny can do whatever he can to turn witness to escape what he thinks will be a harshly induced punishment. And this isn’t gonna be one civil case or one criminal case. It’s going to be multiple cases with multiple people charged for multiple infractions. And unless it becomes a RICO case (which could happen but is unlikely), there’s going to be enough uncovered that the proceedings will take years. The senior execs are stuck with negligence at the very worst, and if things lead to an actual paper trail for the other issues to come? Burning it down is gonna be the start of it. 

I think Ace is angling for some kind of plea deal. Corroborate the stories of the victims and help rat out Vince along with other execs in exchange for having some of the more serious charges waved away. Isn't that pretty standard for big cases?

It's been said that of the McMahons, Linda and Shane were more pleasant to work for while Vince and Stephanie motivated by fear and inspired loyalty to little beyond a paycheck. It turns out loyalty is an important quality for your associates to possess when you're operating a criminal enterprise. Otherwise, they'll rat you out as soon as they feel the heat.

53 minutes ago, fxnj said:

I think Ace is angling for some kind of plea deal. Corroborate the stories of the victims and help rat out Vince along with other execs in exchange for having some of the more serious charges waved away. Isn't that pretty standard for big cases?

Again, this is only one case. If there are multiple criminal investigations that lead from multiple civil lawsuits that come forth due to Vince’s NDA blunders, Ace might be able to do it for one, but not others if charges are brought against him directly. 

7 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

It's been said that of the McMahons, Linda and Shane were more pleasant to work for while Vince and Stephanie motivated by fear and inspired loyalty to little beyond a paycheck. It turns out loyalty is an important quality for your associates to possess when you're operating a criminal enterprise. Otherwise, they'll rat you out as soon as they feel the heat.

I buy that for Vince, no doubt about it, but before Stephanie left for the 2nd time, the word going around was that she was universally loved by everyone. So, where's the truth here?

I've heard stories of people having run-ins with Steph, but nothing close to the level of Vince's weirdness.

Johnny Ace is 100% trying to save his own neck, which honestly probably the smart play for him since the company would throw him under the bus in a heartbeat. I doubt it will allow him to escape any of the heat, but it seems like he's willing to air out the dirty laundry if he thinks it will save his ass.