Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

1 hour ago, JRH said:

I'm still curious about what exact job Vladimir (WWE superfan) had that allowed him to go to all those WWF/E shows (he also showed up at WCW, ECW, and I think even AEW shows).

There's a short documentary about him on Peacock, but I can't remember if it really goes into his job history.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw a Swiftie say "I love being a Taylor Swift fan!". Vladimir and pals are into being SuperFans. Of what, is largely incidental. (I may have discussed this before.)

You better believe those people are competing with each other.

1 hour ago, El-P said:

Imagine being Vladimir . "WWE is my life". Well, you totally wasted it then.

You're rightfully distraught about what's going on right now in wrestling, and Vladimir did sound like one of those obsessed fans who was one snub away from becoming a serial killer (like that one Robert De Niro-Wesley Snipes movie), but 90% of the wrestlers he's enjoyed watching over the decades had nothing to do with these horrible crimes. Damien Demento never shit on anyone*.

*that we know of 

When you spent your life supporting a godawful company that is build on abuse and predation, you've wasted it. And yeah, the obsessive nature of it is way more on the creepy side than the wholesome side.

John Cena and Randy Orton just made public statements that are completely pathetic and devoid of any empathy nor compassion. These are two of the biggest stars in the company (and therefore the entire business) in the last 20 years. So there. Guilty by way of silence.

The smell of the Mania audience is gonna be something. Especially the first rows. Super rich people spending their money supporting a godawful company, STILL.

Fuck all of this, again and again and again.

1 hour ago, El-P said:

When you spent your life supporting a godawful company that is build on abuse and predation, you've wasted it.

Sincere question: Are you still talking about Vladimir or are you now referring to yourself? We're both on a wrestling message board, so we're arguably more invested in this form of entertainment than the average fan (but thankfully not quite as invested as Vladimir).  

2 hours ago, C.S. said:

Sincere question: Are you still talking about Vladimir or are you now referring to yourself?

Well, I did use Amazon super regularly for almost 15 years, and that was one hell of a mistake and I sure would not do it again if I could go back, because it's another kind of spectacular shit show.

WWE ? Nope. That's not me.

I certainly have been questioning myself on my choice of "lifetime" hobby lately, that's for sure. At the very least on how to approach it.

I have to give WWE credit for somehow booking the biggest possible Women’s Match they can possibly present right now, one that is genuinely compelling in a “dream match” way, while still booking the other women’s title match well and interestingly. On paper:

Cody vs Roman II w/ Rock fuckery

Rhea vs Becky

Drew vs Seth

Bayley vs Iyo

Gunther vs Jey Uso

Logan Paul vs Kevin Owens

…is one of the stronger suite of title matches I can think of for a WrestleMania. Plus a Judgment Day tag match and teases of LA Knight vs AJ Styles, Sami and Orton both having something to do, Bron Brekker probably wrecking some fools in the Andre Battle Royale, maybe New Day vs Imperium, Dom getting his shit wrecked by somebody (maybe Bron here instead?), Austin Theory and Grayson Waller fucking around somehow… this is a potentially GOAT WrestleMania, if somebody can find some of the Pat Patterson mojo and come up with some killer finishes. WWE has put on some lackluster PPVs for how hot they are, but this is practically can’t miss if they’re at all competent.

8 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

If you think about it, it's probable that Court Bauer won't work with wrestling anymore. Net positive?

They settled with MLW. Doubt Bauer can just cash out. Plus, the guy re-started his promotion after 15 years, he's a lifer or something. I mean, if the money is well spent, good for them.

Hey, Nick Kiniski was also "proposed" by Terry Garvin, complained about it to Vince, who did not do anything. So yeah, Vince knew everything about the sexual harassement that was going on in his company. That brings you back to the Ashley Massaro rape. They knew too. This company was rotten to the core since day one Vince Jr. took over. Dark Side of the Ring should just do an entire season on Vince and WWE. No idea how that Netflix show about Vince can see the light of day, especially now that Netflix is in business with TKO.

On 2/24/2024 at 9:36 AM, Dav'oh said:

I saw a Swiftie say "I love being a Taylor Swift fan!". Vladimir and pals are into being SuperFans. Of what, is largely incidental. (I may have discussed this before.)

You better believe those people are competing with each other.

I have never seen the movie Diner but I remember a clip from it playing on television when a young Ellen Barkin says “I just like the music”. Kind of how I feel about fandom generally. 

5 hours ago, El-P said:

No idea how that Netflix show about Vince can see the light of day, especially now that Netflix is in business with TKO.

AFAIK Bill Simmons left on bad terms with HBO so I don’t see them picking it up although they have the perfect footage of Vince going nuts on television to interviewers.

Honestly the recent revelations have pushed me to not even care if it sees the light of day anymore. I will only watch Vince on tv again if someone gives him the Roger Robb treatment. Preferably in a court with 12 jurors.

Yeah, seems like it's going to be tricky to release the Netflix doc anytime soon, since I believe Vince was heavily involved in it and thus it is presumably not an objective look at the man. There's no way you can release anything about Vince now that is anything but severely critical of him as a human being. Apparently it was very close to a release date before the last scandal broke. Netflix being partners with WWE would seem to prevent them releasing an edit that totally tears Vince down. Will be interesting to see what comes of it