Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Fightful stated folks in WWE weren't happy about Booker doing that, especially involving Punk who everyone is hoping stays on his best behavior.

Especially since by all accounts, Punk has been pretty much drama free and hanging out in NXT trying to help out while he’s rehabbing his injury. The last thing anybody needs is Booker starting shit with another one of his pointless worked shoot works.

Cant help but wonder what Roddy would think now. Someone brought up Owen again and I think about that TNA segment where he eviscerated Russo as essentially a WWF proxy. I look at that and think the only thing he did wrong was have the same name as the guy Piper really wanted to take this up with, but couldn’t for the reasons she isn’t bound by. 

5 hours ago, flyonthewall2983 said:

Cant help but wonder what Roddy would think now. Someone brought up Owen again and I think about that TNA segment where he eviscerated Russo as essentially a WWF proxy. I look at that and think the only thing he did wrong was have the same name as the guy Piper really wanted to take this up with, but couldn’t for the reasons she isn’t bound by. 

Are you saying Russo wasn't responsible for booking Owen to have entered from the rafters?

It all stops at McMahon. Roddy had an understandable beef with Russo, but I don’t correlate his creative direction before the accident with any malicious intent. Just (and as usual for him) shit for brains, and from what I gather it’s not out of the realms of possibility Vince was partly hired as to absorb some of the verbal abuse McMahon could deflect from those unhappy with him.

3 hours ago, flyonthewall2983 said:

It all stops at McMahon. Roddy had an understandable beef with Russo, but I don’t correlate his creative direction before the accident with any malicious intent. Just (and as usual for him) shit for brains, and from what I gather it’s not out of the realms of possibility Vince was partly hired as to absorb some of the verbal abuse McMahon could deflect from those unhappy with him.

...and what better person to hire than someone so extremely punchable as Russo?

I've been disappointed enough by wrestlers I like in the past to assume this is probably true, in which case Gulak must be some kind of moron. Just 2 years on from Speaking Out, as one of the lowest of the lower card guys, and you try this with probably the biggest name star in the women's division*, in front of people, and someone who could probably kick the shit out of you? Thick as mince.

* For clarity, I'm absolutely not suggesting it would be ok if the power dynamic was reversed, but at least it I could comprehend how it happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Appalling people doing appalling things, the news of Vince and his legal team being in regular contact with Donald Trump, with maybe the hope of everything being dropped if (when ? gawd....) the white supremacist-rapist gets elected is certainly something. Also, Linda is still in the Trump game. What a family.

But of course this has nothing to do with WWE anymore. Even though the son-in-law is at the head of creative. And Minion #1 is still employed. And the daughter was at Mania. And TKO celebrates Trump everytime he shows his ugly fascistoïd mug at an UFC event.