Pro Wrestling Only

Young Rock: A New NBC Sitcom About the Life of Dwayne Johnson

C.S.

5 hours ago, MoS said:

Also, this wouldn't be familiar to most people here, but Rihanna recently spoke in favour of the farmers' protests ongoing in India, earning her the ire of the Indian government and it's vast IT cell. 

About this, the most out of the blue thing ever was during IMPACT's last week show (I believe, or maybe at the PPV), maybe during Rohit Raju's match, Matt Striker goes something like "BTW there's a farmer's protest strike in India, just putting notice on that.". I guess Striker is quite an ok guy IRL, maybe.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, MoS said:

As an Indian, one of my absolute favourite Gordon Ramsay lines is when he once told someone that their steak was "so undercooked, people in India are still worshipping it." Just killed me. 

That's gold.  That insult is kind of a counterpoint to another one of his best comments.  One of the cooks brought him a steak that was so overcooked, Ramsay said it "looked like Ghandi's flip-flop." 

The best part was that afterwards, the insulted cook claimed: "Ghandi didn't even wear flip-flops.  He lived in the jungle." :huh:

I love Gordon Ramsay but I hate Kitchen Nightmares (USA) Hell's Kitchen because his persona on that show is so obviously fake and exaggerated for effect. While I'm sure that's true to varying degrees on all of his shows, he really turns up the volume on Kitchen Nightmares Hell's Kitchen in a way I don't find particularly believable or interesting. Those isolated quotes are gold though. 

Interesting that they are going this multi-timeline route. I wonder how they see stretching it out over multiple seasons. 

It'd be really something if they built up the whole show around the POTUS question for him to tell us all "sike!" at the end of the last episode. 

If he is really planning on running, I'm glad the talk is that it may be for a 2032 run. I wonder if in between that time he tries his hand at state politics, mayor of Miami then governor. 

To the subject of wrestlers on sitcoms, I heard Meltzer say that networks (probably NBC specifically) considered Bobby Heenan for one. A show about his life would have been perfect material for it. 

On 2/19/2021 at 6:46 PM, C.S. said:

I love Gordon Ramsay but I hate Kitchen Nightmares (USA) Hell's Kitchen because his persona on that show is so obviously fake and exaggerated for effect. While I'm sure that's true to varying degrees on all of his shows, he really turns up the volume on Kitchen Nightmares Hell's Kitchen in a way I don't find particularly believable or interesting. Those isolated quotes are gold though. 

I was thinking of Hell's Kitchen, not Kitchen Nightmares.

I actually liked Kitchen Nightmares a lot.

8 hours ago, JRH said:

I wonder if they'll eventually cover his early wrestling career. They could probably have Austin play himself (he still pretty much looks like he did back  in the day).

Considering that 18-year-old Rock is 36 in real life, I'm thinking probably. 

1 hour ago, flyonthewall2983 said:

It'd be really something if they built up the whole show around the POTUS question for him to tell us all "sike!" at the end of the last episode. 

I honestly hope so. 

28 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

So far it's better than The Big Show Show on Netflix.  Although to be clear I have only seen one episode of that show as well.  

I feel like I'm the only one who liked The Big Show Show.

Probably, because it was cancelled. 

yea, Rocky was quite a big deal in the territories and even overseas (cf. the Jumbo thread on here, Rocky comes up as one of the foreign wrestlers whom Japanese fans most wanted to see during his heyday).  Most people just know him as a tag-team guy in the WWF but that was the twilight of his career.

I am a big Wandavision fan, so whenever I see Randall Park in this, the only thing I'm thinking is "wow it's the FBI guy from Wandavision!" And I'm happy. Also, is Greg Yao a real person? I liked seeing Vince McMahon. Are the action figures they are talking about supposed to be the LJN figures? Because I thought those were the first wrestling toys.

Kind of a timeline goof as the LJN toys didnt come out until 1985 (and they didnt look like the one we saw there, the LJNs were solid rubber). I wonder if they'll bring up when Johnson and Tony Atlas won the wwf tag titles, that was a pretty big moment (and I wonder who they'll get to play Atlas).

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Looks like they got Trevor Murdoch to play the Ringmaster.

Does look like him, lol, but it's actually indie wrestler Luke Hawx.

Who the hell are the two between The Undertaker and Sheiky Baby, and the two to the right of Mankind?