Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - April 13/15, 2022

MoS

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a wet fart of an ending.  That match was exactly what it needed to be too - basically a compressed-for-TV Joe-Kobashi that let Suzuki shine.  Wish people would let title change celebrations breathe more...

So what's your bets on the HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT this time?  i feel like it's either a new TV deal for ROH, or Claudio.

I'm thinking streaming deal as well. There were rumors it was going to be the last BIG ANNOUNCEMENT before the deal to buy ROH suddenly happened. Tony pretty much hinted he had something else to announce but didn't want to take away from the ROH news. 

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

Probably for the best.

ReDragon vs. FTR for the titles would be seen as a match between "NXT castoffs." Not my opinion - just what you know anti-AEW idiots would say. Never mind that both teams weren't there at the same time. 

They fought once in NXT, it was after The Revival had been on the Main Roster for a while, they came back to NXT for one night to fight Fish & O’Reilly. The date was 11/20/19, and the match was excellent For The Record (see what I did there?)

For all you people who think ReDragon aren’t exciting enough or aren’t a good team? I humbly submit that you’re smoking the crack cocaine, because they’re awesome. Their matches in ROH with the Briscoes were outstanding and that’s not just because of The Briscoes.

Wait and see, if FTR and ReDragon end up having a match in AEW it will be excellent.

4 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Wait and see, if FTR and ReDragon end up having a match in AEW it will be excellent.

FTR could have an excellent match with Great Khali and Omos.

ReDragon is technically capable for sure - they're good carpenters - they just don't excite me on any level. 

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

FTR could have an excellent match with Great Khali and Omos.

ReDragon is technically capable for sure - they're good carpenters - they just don't excite me on any level. 

Well, you are not wrong there. FTR are definitely on top of their game right now, no doubt about it. And I agree that Fish and O’Riley are a little bit lacking in the charisma department, but I am very hopeful that those two teams will still end up facing off in AEW and I have high hopes for the resulting match.

from the Observer:

"The ending of Dynamite, which featured the debut of Satnam Singh, was designed to build the AEW brand in India, and has a lot to do with the WarnerMedia/Discovery merger. AEW has been on television on the Discovery-owned channel Eurosport India, a deal Tony Khan made based on the impending merger. As part of the first week after the Discovery merger, Tony Khan wanted to shoot an angle that would be a breakthrough in the market using someone of some renown in that country as the only Indian-born player ever drafted by the NBA."

I can honestly say I had never heard of this guy before he got signed by AEW. He certainly doesn't move like someone who could ever be an Nba prospect.

And like, it doesn't really matter cuz all three will get squashed by Joe anyway, but what a wet fart of an ending to an otherwise great show. They are killing the lights on lights off shtick with crap like this. First of all, if you never intend to have Sabu as one of the surprises eventually, just don't do the lights off thing. Find some other way to make a debut. 

Truth be told, if that had happened in the middle of the show, the reactions would've been a big shrug and that's it. I feel like they should've switched the AEW Tag Team titles and ROH TV title match instead. Ending up on a high with the FTR/reDRagon confrontation would've been perfect.