Danielson vs Page

Danielson vs García (2 and 3)

Danielson vs Jericho

BCC vs JAS

Punk vs MJF (TV to PPV)

Punk vs Mox

Hobbs vs Starks

Acclaimed vs Swerve in our Glory

Cody vs Sammy is right in the 6 weeks mark you are asking, I think.

Two hands then. :) Someone did this last year for AEW vs WWE rematches. I’d like to see one for this year. I think it would look similar. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/ph3znz/comparing_the_number_of_tv_ppv_rematches_this/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

No problem with Danielson losing. I wanted him to win too (and I'm a Mox fanboy), but 1) his title win deserve a proper story and build up; 2) he shouldn't be the one who drops the title to MJF soon. Moxley shouldn't either, but he's taking some time off anyway so whatever. Let's cook MJF as the most asshole heel champion ever and Bryan as the nuclear babyface who will take it away from him eventually, and everything's fine.

This show was excellent. Weird the crowd kinda died for the main event, but every match was (at least) very solid. The Saraya pop was incredible, what a superstar. So glad for her.

Also, wtf with the show's ending? It seemed like we were going to see some beef between Bryan and Regal/Mox, but they abruptly ended the show.

33 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Let's cook MJF as the most asshole heel champion ever and Bryan as the nuclear babyface who will take it away from him eventually

I think AEW crowds will always be ambivalent about MJF; yes, they'll boo on cue but they'll also laugh and applaud him. Have MJF be the tweener champ getting more and more babyface reactions, and Punk as the nuclear shitcunt who tries to take it away from him. Then Punk/Omega.

8 hours ago, Flyin' Brian said:

Two hands then. :) Someone did this last year for AEW vs WWE rematches. I’d like to see one for this year. I think it would look similar. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/ph3znz/comparing_the_number_of_tv_ppv_rematches_this/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

My point is that 9 big time rematches in 9 months are often enough to say Tony uses them every time he sees fit (which is a good thing) and not necessarily avoids them. 

WWE is a bad comp because their whole booking system was based on rematches (at least with Vince in charge). The fact that AEW does them less than the E does not mean Tony "avoids them".

That’s a stretch. It was incredible to watch in the moment because it was as if a master artist was making a clay mold out of dirt with no water for 15 minutes. To call it his “worst” just because his opponent wasn’t any good is to do him a disservice because carrying is as important as having a good match with a good wrestler; maybe even more so, in fact. 

Yuta in the MJF promo was extremely cringe, by the way. And that’s with MJF taking his cheap shots. 

3 hours ago, Jmare007 said:

My point is that 9 big time rematches in 9 months are often enough to say Tony uses them every time he sees fit (which is a good thing) and not necessarily avoids them. 

WWE is a bad comp because their whole booking system was based on rematches (at least with Vince in charge). The fact that AEW does them less than the E does not mean Tony "avoids them".

If I said avoids then I’m sorry, that’s not what I really meant. He uses them sparingly and when he does use them they mean something. 

I thought this felt like a slight return to what I loved about AEW at its best. Super hot crowds, great moments, good matches and a fully satisfied feeling. I can see the arguments for Danielson getting the belt but I guess it’s pretty apparent that Khan sees the big money as Moxley/MJF but I do question crowning Moxley if he’s going to lose it quickly again but he does feel like the clear ace.

If Saraya can work, it’s genuinely intriguing and is there much value bringing her in if she can’t? The Acclaimed winning the tag titles felt like a bigger star making moment than when Jurassic Express got the belts or even when Wardlow won the TNT title. Just a huge explosion of noise and striking when the irons hot. I assume they go opposite Butcher and Blade until FTR are ready.

Also, read the Rampage spoilers and I’m all into the Darby and Sting/HOB match from the sounds of things

The pre-sale for the next Chicago show is actually doing better than their last few ones, despite it being known that Punk isn't going to be there. This might be temporary, but right now, somehow, the suspension of Punk and the Elite lads have had no negative effect on their business at all. In fact, it's actually been up across the board, better than in months. 

4 hours ago, MoS said:

The pre-sale for the next Chicago show is actually doing better than their last few ones, despite it being known that Punk isn't going to be there. This might be temporary, but right now, somehow, the suspension of Punk and the Elite lads have had no negative effect on their business at all. In fact, it's actually been up across the board, better than in months. 

R.b1791b160e8e7f62498f73c3af59b682?rik=Q%2bYuh4LN0fh6FA&riu=http%3a%2f%2fprodimage.images-bn.com%2fpimages%2f9781416561804_p0_v3_s1200x630.jpg&ehk=TXZCrcUf%2bnZtU9mvbHvdRvdmpxu6y87IWlyOYWXbTBI%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Spoiler

Yup, Great Muta fucking showing up to help his brother STANG is some great, great fucking stuff. Don't care if the dude is hunching over like he 80, he's The Great Muta motherfuckers. The swaggiest pro wrestler ever and Mutoh's biggest contribution to professional wrestling. Let's fucking go. 

Also, Julia took a nasty fucking table bump. Hope she's alright.