AEW Grand Slam 09/21-09/23

Jmare007

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If she can't get cleared, she can be a good representative for the women's division kind of like what Mickie James does in Impact. She was a big force behind getting WWE to take women's wrestling seriously and WWE more or less transferred the heat she created to the Charlottes and Sashas of the world because she didn't fit Vince's ideal (also later because she kept getting in trouble). 

4 hours ago, Coffey said:

I know for whatever reason that AEW have an obsession with Wheeler Yuta and Daniel Garcia & that the Wheeler segment was really just a vessel for MJF coming out. That being said, Wheeler getting that segment & Miro not even making the show really pisses me off.

I think the Bryan/Garcia matches proved what potential they see in Garcia, but the Wheeler Yuta screen time is a bit baffling. He's fine, but there are 2 dozen guys exclusively working on Dark that are more entertaining.

Wish 2point0 would have gotten more offense but that still isnt happening in a match against HOOK.  And I still claim that Action Bronson is some Georgia indie wrestler with about 10 years experience ^_^

Meanwhile if Julia Hart didn't get some concussion on that very partial table bump its a miracle.  That was dangerous 

16 minutes ago, Coffey said:

He made it into the freaking video game which is lunacy.

People bitching about Big Show being in the game is something I'll never understand.

Like, yeah, I would've preferred FTR too, but having a big hoss like Show to toss lightweights Young Bucks around is gonna be hella fun!

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Action Bronson is actually good. Crazy world we live in where musicians and youtubers manage to adapt to professional wrestling in no time.

But he took no bumps - unlike poor Julia Hart.

I get why they did it, but I don't like the booking of King-Guevara. It prolongs a feud that no one wants prolonged, and I think TK takes King for granted. People are saying this is building to him beating Jericho for the ROH title, but I don't think that will happen

52 minutes ago, Coffey said:

He never even makes the shows, how does he make the video game over people that do? It doesn't make sense.

Well in all fairness, FTR barely does tag team wrestling on TV lately. Is Cash working hurt? All we hear about is how Dax’s shoulder is held together with chewing gum at this point, but he’s the only one that wrestles singles matches.

1 hour ago, Coffey said:

He never even makes the shows, how does he make the video game over people that do? It doesn't make sense.

He’s more marketable intellectual property than Ethan Page or whoever? They send him to do radio spots because morning DJs know who he is. People who might be interested in a wrestling video game but haven’t followed wrestling since 02 know him. It does make sense even if maybe you don’t like or prefer it. They already have the people who want to play as FTR on board. They’ll gripe but they’ll buy the game anyway. Maybe they’ll even pay more for DLC to use their favorites and you can fleece hem twice. 

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

He’s more marketable intellectual property than Ethan Page or whoever? They send him to do radio spots because morning DJs know who he is. People who might be interested in a wrestling video game but haven’t followed wrestling since 02 know him. It does make sense even if maybe you don’t like or prefer it. They already have the people who want to play as FTR on board. They’ll gripe but they’ll buy the game anyway. Maybe they’ll even pay more for DLC to use their favorites and you can fleece hem twice. 

Honestly, the more of this game I see, the more it looks like it’ll need all the help it can get. With as much money and development time as have been put into it, why are the graphics so bad?