Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 11/23 - 11/25

Flyin' Brian

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day, pro wrestling is a job. Bryan is an employee of AEW. Tony Khan is his boss. He'll do what he's told or he'll go home. Just like any one else. Tony should use him better, straight up. It doesn't matter what Bryan "feels" it matters what's for the best of the company & making money.

7 hours ago, Dale Wolfe said:

It's not as if Bryan is the only badly booked character on their TV, it's been really inconsistent all year. I quite enjoy it to dip in and out of as the quality of the roster is good & you will always get good matches 

But- as a show it is all over the place 

Exactly

9 hours ago, Coffey said:

At the end of the day, pro wrestling is a job. Bryan is an employee of AEW. Tony Khan is his boss. He'll do what he's told or he'll go home. Just like any one else. Tony should use him better, straight up. It doesn't matter what Bryan "feels" it matters what's for the best of the company & making money.

Even in his latest interview, which I think is the reason all these "how he feels vs how he should be booked" arguments have started, he said that if Tony books him as champ, he'll be champ. It ain't like he's gonna walk out or stay home. He just prefers not having the spotlight, doesn't mean he suffers or hates having it if his boss tells him that's what he has to do.

After thinking about my conversation with brother @Dav'oh and others here, I've reached what is probably the obvious conclusion regarding Bryan's seemingly contradictory statements.

1. Bryan said he loves the feeling of being in big fight main event situations.

2. Bryan also said he doesn't care about the spotlight and wants to work with younger guys.

I'm far from the first person on PWO to suggest this, but I think Bryan will end up beating Jericho for the ROH "World" Title, giving him both #1 and #2.

5 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Who are the younger guys in ROH, though? It'd probably be for the best if it ended up becoming a de facto developmental league, but right now the roster is mostly old-timers.

True, but I assume if TV ever comes, it will focus on mostly younger guys with a few indie vets (like the Briscoes and Colt) as anchors. 

I think having ROH there at all was a mistake. The only person who benefitted from that making tv and becoming this sort of 2nd brand was, check this out, Chris Jericho. 

FTR getting those ROH tag belts on a great match was good, but didn't really elevate them as it pertains to the AEW tag division. Bald may be hurt, Acclaimed caught fire, but the fact remains that they might as well walk around with no belts.

Mercedes Martinez is the champ. Barely featured. No one really cares, which is a shame.

Joe is the TV champ, and just got the TNT title. He's walking around with two belts yet just the TNT title would be enough.

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

I think having ROH there at all was a mistake. The only person who benefitted from that making tv and becoming this sort of 2nd brand was, check this out, Chris Jericho. 

FTR getting those ROH tag belts on a great match was good, but didn't really elevate them as it pertains to the AEW tag division. Bald may be hurt, Acclaimed caught fire, but the fact remains that they might as well walk around with no belts.

Mercedes Martinez is the champ. Barely featured. No one really cares, which is a shame.

Joe is the TV champ, and just got the TNT title. He's walking around with two belts yet just the TNT title would be enough.

They've two weeks to fix it but the show has a bit of WWE's ECW December To Dismember vibe. Rather half hearted.

But Tony pulled the great Forbidden Door PPV completely out of his ass in the finally and on "match day". He can be crammer rather than an all term studier sometimes.

16 hours ago, C.S. said:

After thinking about my conversation with brother @Dav'oh and others here, I've reached what is probably the obvious conclusion regarding Bryan's seemingly contradictory statements.

1. Bryan said he loves the feeling of being in big fight main event situations.

2. Bryan also said he doesn't care about the spotlight and wants to work with younger guys.

I'm far from the first person on PWO to suggest this, but I think Bryan will end up beating Jericho for the ROH "World" Title, giving him both #1 and #2.

Those two things aren't contradictory at all. A person can both enjoy and get the most out of high pressure situations, but also really have a desire at times to step off the gas and be out of the meat grinder. I dunno, maybe it's an older millennial thing (Bryan's two years older than me), but I 100% get that mentality, of being the right person for certain big scenarios and thriving on that, but also just wanting to be left alone to my own devices at other times. He might argue that his first year in AEW has been a great balance, getting to do the Omega match and the two big Page matches but also getting to spend some time where he wasn't carrying the show. 

I think everyone's freaking out over nothing, and it's not really the booking of Danielson that people actually have a problem with, it's this never-ending JAS-BCC feud that's a full on quagmire at this point. Take him out of that and then let's have a conversation about whether he's being used well, because right now he's being used well enough in theory (prominent feud, in part with young guys) just not in practice.

33 minutes ago, Migs said:

I think everyone's freaking out over nothing

The story of AEW, really, since the beginning. 

Speaking of which, apparently Full Gear did more or less the same number of buys as All Out did. A little less, obviously, but pretty much in the same ballpark. If that's so, oh well...

Doing as many buys as the PPV where their biggest star returned to challenge for the world title he never lost is certainly a very encouraging sign, and also points to MJF's potential as the ace of the promotion. I think he really is putting it all together and becoming a big-time main event wrestler in front of our eyes.