Pro Wrestling Only

CM Punk Fired

sek69

If the situation was so scary and dangerous why was Punk allowed to stay after his match and take pictures with his friends and other colleagues? If Tony was there why did it need an investigation? Why did it take 6 days to announce it or was it so he could get viewers and ppv buys on the hopes Punk would be there?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, C.S. said:

I said I don't give a fuck what Danielson wants, and neither should Tony Khan...with whoever I was discussing this with on PWO

You were Kathy Bates, Danielson was James Caan.

I'm still loving the Incredible, Gravity-Defying, Flying Monitors, meself. It's literally the only thing I give four-fifths of a fuck about in this entire brouhaha.

48 minutes ago, jeff5819 said:

If the situation was so scary and dangerous why was Punk allowed to stay after his match and take pictures with his friends and other colleagues?

No assault charges, either.

1 hour ago, jeff5819 said:

If the situation was so scary and dangerous why was Punk allowed to stay after his match and take pictures with his friends and other colleagues? If Tony was there why did it need an investigation? Why did it take 6 days to announce it or was it so he could get viewers and ppv buys on the hopes Punk would be there?

Probably he just needed time to find out with his lawyers if he could afford to fire him.

I'm a lot more interested in where Punk goes from here than what AEW looks like with Punk gone, which as we've seen from AEW this year, is a far worse wrestling product. There's a slight chance he goes back to WWE, but I'd be willing to bet there's not many on the roster willing to deal with him in a program. Some other promotion (or a new one altogether) could get behind Punk, though once again those chances are slim; Punk doesn't strike me as the type to wrestle for much less pay at his age. I'm hopeful for maybe a deal with New Japan, as they seem like the only other realistic option for him in wrestling. If it's a contract like Mercedes', he'd be working less dates and featured on major shows. Maybe with the option to work certain guys he's already shown interest in (Ospreay).

5 minutes ago, Cien Caras said:

I have posted this on multiple occasions but still remains as relevant as ever:

Remember to never side with a billionaire (or the son of one) over labor. The real change for a new company would have been full employee benefits including health insurance, pension and a union. Instead it’s just another billionaire, same as the old one

Amen. 

Punk also took shots at his fellow workers on live TV and in front of fans though. He was not able to get out of his own way. I am not sure if, in the same situation, a top movie/TV star wouldn't also get fired from the sets of a major Hollywood/TV production. 

4 hours ago, MLB said:

It sounds like Punk verbally threatened Tony. I'm guessing TK didn't put Joe over because Punk would've taken his ball and went home on the spot.

Apparently, per Dave, it was far more than verbal, and even "lunging" was him toning it down from what the version reported to him said 

1 hour ago, MoS said:

Has anyone ever actually tried to throw a punch at Vince (and not get fired)? Bret punched him out after it was very much clear to everyone involved that his WWF career was over 

Nailz throttled him and he's been persona non grata with the company ever since, though it wasn't like he was making money for them to begin with.

Wasn't Vince constantly looking to sneak attack Kurt and hit him with a double leg takedown? Also wasn't there a story about Kofi Kingston having to challenge Vince to a fight to gain respect?

I doubt this would have fazed him. He doesn't watch UFC, but he would have backed himself to kick Punk's ass.

Look if the more sensational reports are true, Punk pretty much had to be fired, but I’m not going to pretend his “toxicity” (another one of those horrible modern buzzwords) would make me not want to watch his, to me, obviously-superior-to-all-other-contenders vision of pro wrestling. Klaus Kinski was a raging psychopath and narcissist, but his performances for Werner Herzog are amongst the best in film history. Phil is over the hill athletically, but in terms of in-ring psychology and storytelling in and out of the ring, Danielson is the only real competition he had in the modern era, but Danielson is much less discerning in terms of what he’ll take part in.

3 hours ago, MoS said:

Punk also took shots at his fellow workers on live TV and in front of fans though. He was not able to get out of his own way. I am not sure if, in the same situation, a top movie/TV star wouldn't also get fired from the sets of a major Hollywood/TV production. 

Yeah the idea that he's wrestling's Big Bill Haywood is fucking rich.  Tony Khan and Punk can both suck at the same time.  He was essentially middle management judging by his "employment" contract.

4 hours ago, Cien Caras said:

Remember to never side with a billionaire (or the son of one) over labor. The real change for a new company would have been full employee benefits including health insurance, pension and a union. Instead it’s just another billionaire, same as the old one

This, 100% this.

17 hours ago, Childs said:

With Danielson injured and Punk gone, what remains is not a compelling product. That's not to say TK was wrong to sever what seemed to be an increasingly toxic relationship. But it's an invitation for me to stop watching, at least for awhile.

Well, Danielson is back 1 month before it was expected so we probably should enjoy what he does before he's on the shelf again.

4 hours ago, Cien Caras said:

Yeah, that's 100% it.

"Fearing for his life" is some absurd shit, man.

Tony is a skinny, silver spoon motherfucker who has assuredly never had a fight in his life. “Feared for my life” is hyperbolic nonsense that I assume was to get Chicago to pipe down, but I’m sure he was genuinely scared that he was gonna get his ass beat.

Shame we’ll never get a Re-up on the Punk/MJF feud, that was good shit pal.

Is Punk ever happy?  Does he enjoy anything in life?  I don't really care and am very much in camp "good riddance," and thought for a while from reading whatever tea leaves were out there that his presence was not a good thing for anyone other than (maybe) CM Punk.  

But I'm fascinated.  This is someone who from the outside appears to torch every opportunity and relationship he's presented with, save few exceptions.  His wife?  Ace Steel?  FTR?  That Lars guy?  

Its incredible to see someone so consistently miserable and angry, so determined to turn every mole hill into something tantamount to a violent crime upon his loved ones (if he has any).  

Onward and upward with a hopefully refocused and more stable wrestling promotion, but wow are this guy's mind and motivations something else.  Maybe he should have a drink.