flyonthewall2983

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

My Tribal Chief. Roman Reigns. The greatest of all time. Still found time to big brother the shit outta Seth. What a run.

Seth getting Yamcha'd was a delight.

All jokes aside though, dude really is a team player, thankfully because WWE needs him to not believe he should have a bigger role than what he had in this run.

Wrestlemania XL Night 2: A cautionary tale against obsessive hate 1) McIntyre's insistence on rubbing the win in Punk's face undid the moment he so desperately craved 2) Roman choosing to hit Seth instead of his active opponent because of a corrosive ten-year long grudge ended up costing him everything.

So Cody vs. Gunther in Berlin? Or at WM41?

So the show started with Stephanie McMahon and ended with Bruce Prichard in the ring ?

"This is the same picture."

Yeah, that is fucking gross. Ronda is 100% right. (EDIT : I checked who the hell that Speed guy is, so he was banned from Twitch for sexual intimidation on a woman a few years back. Sad jokes writes themselves)

Anywoo, main event sounds like an Attitude Era Avenger-like clusterfuck, which on paper certainly sounds much more fun than the previous night (if you care bear MAGATaker of course). Gotta watch this sometime in the week probably (too much damn stuff to watch).

So now the next two PLE's are in Lyon and beautiful, progressive Jeddah. There's a joke to be made here for sure. (joke explained : because Lyon is infamous for being the worst big city in France for extreme-right violence, and France really is taking a turn for the worst overall, it might very well become another extreme-right led country like Italy or Hungary in 2027. Then again good luck for next November, people)

Cody's arc is surely fascinating. There is no way, when you look at where he has been his entire WWE career the first time, he was gonna end up at this level. It took him leaving, hooking up with the Elite in ROH, doing All In, doing AEW and then coming back exactly at the right time. After years of Roman style main event and never-ending Bloodline angle, the creative surely has to shake things up and change the formula now (never had a babyface champ like this one since, well not even Cena since half the buildings were booing him). They can't go for a neverending title reign again, but at the same time, Cody losing even in 6 months would be kinda disappointing after such a landmark win (it is the biggest Mania ever, with the biggest main event ever). He probably should be champ until next year, really, at the very least.

Went straight to the main event, because whatever. I understand what they are aiming at, and for that, it's totally the apex of the style they want and absolutely perfect for this kind of setting. I'll say nothing about the match itself, because really it's way secondary. It is very much a big-ass spectacle with giant stars run-ins with music and such. I find the execution to be so fucking heavy-handed still, but I guess it goes along with the territory. Everything has to be totally underlined. It's blockbuster shit at its most ridiculously bloated and streamlined, so yeah, it's totally fitting for Dwayne to be part of it. Not my thing at all. Does it work for its audience ? Sure. Totally a peak modern WWE Mania kinda match, and lining-up the stars with Cody winning at the end totally felt like he got that rub, kinda like Austin ran-in to help Foley win his first championship. The feel-good party at the end is halfway heart-warming with the talents/family, half-way ridiculous and even gross in its corporate tear-jerker aspect (seriously, Bruce Prichard ? Like Stephanie opening the show wasn't bad enough). I don't think it's no way near the best *matches* in term of Mania style epics. I do think it's a great epic *overall spectacle* in term of Mania epic spectacles, and in such, exactly what it was supposed to be and aimed to be. I personally have no time for it nor for the company, but that's neither here nor there. 

I did saw the teaser for the Lyon PLE too though. I facepalmed myself so hard. :lol: There's about three stock footage shots and they managed to have a girl with a beret holding a baguette, while playing this godawful sappy pseudo "traditional" chanson française music which would be at home in a presidential campaign clip for Marine Le Pen. Part of me hope they get some really shitty special guests like TiboInShape for the event. Make my day.