Pro Wrestling Only

The "Confirmed Stories of Triple H Being A Total Douchebag" Thread

sek69

When Meltzer got argumentative, Cornette snarkly replied "He's about as much of a special attraction as the mold that shows up on my shower curtain from time to time."

I actually agree with Cornette on that one. Ever since the buildup to 'Mania up until just a few weeks back, HHH has been pretty consistently on TV and PPV, and it doesn't seem like anyone really wants to see him there.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I met Triple H yesterday and he was charming, self deprecating and looked at his wife like they were still newlyweds. A lot to admire about the man.

Just throwing that out there....

Yeah I hate what the guy has done to wrestling the past decade or so but can't argue the dude just knows how to be damned likable when he wants to be. He learned a lot from Kevin Nash :P

So, I met Triple H yesterday and he was charming, self deprecating and looked at his wife like they were still newlyweds. A lot to admire about the man.

Not passing judgement one way or the other, but it does seem like it's a hell of a lot easier to hate a guy when the only contact you have with him happens over a TV screen.

I often wonder (because I've heard several testimonies to his character like that) how much of what we like to blame Trips for is actually Vince.

I think Hunter is aware that he isn't one of the company's biggest draws and as a result does an expert job of playing to Vince's insecurities to hold on to his spot. I also believe the fact that Steve Austin wouldn't put him over in 1999 ate him up for a while, if not still to this day.

It's actually quite simple. To be as good backstage politician as he is, you have to be as charming as you can be manipulative. You can't bully your way into certain things all the time. Plus who do you think he learned from when rising in the WWF? Shawn and Kevin. Nash is a guy who can talk you into believing that if you jobbed in the worst way possible to him, you come out of it all the better for it. You won't even realize it until you walk through the curtain after the match that he screwed you over. THEN to top it off, he will smile and convince you he will return the favor down the road and all is forgiven... but he never does that either. Hunter is cut from a similar cloth. He is more Nash than he is Shawn who didn't give a fuck who he pisses off to get what he wants.

Guest Staples

Hardcore Holly's book has his take on Triple H and it makes sense. Basically, the guy upfront is nice, kind and funny. It's the stuff behind your back that's problematic. Still, he'd do stuff randomly like pay for Orton's rampage over in Europe and taking the wrestlers out to a zoo. Basically, he seems like a douchebag professionally, but a decent guy personally.

Where did you meet him? I met him a long time ago and he was a cool guy.

I interviewed Hunter and Stephanie at the grand opening of the WWE Performance Center.

I interviewed Hunter and Stephanie at the grand opening of the WWE Performance Center.

Cool stuff Jon. In comparison, how did Steph come off as?

Cool stuff Jon. In comparison, how did Steph come off as?

She was amazing.