Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread 2010-2011

Loss

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I want to know is if WWE hires them back eventually or if they're gone for good. I don't care either way, but I am curious to know if the door is now closed to them permanently.

I think there's a definite chance of Jeff being back once these charges are behind him and they feel they need a headliner. The company has done a decent job pushing new people in the last year (Sheamus, Barrett/Nexus, Danielson, Miz, Del Rio...even Morrison right now they're showing a real commitment to getting him over as a main event level face), they clearly understand the need to create new stars. But Undertaker, HHH, Kane, Edge, Rey and Big Show are probably nearing the end, Cena and Orton have the potential to break down at some point.....at some point they'll get desperate and look to Jeff.

Plus, even with the test failures his performance was top notch in his last run, and has remained pretty consistent in TNA. With him it seems to be more a case of enjoying the recreational drugs a little too much, not a "this guy is killing himself with steroids/pain pills/booze" type of situation like Kurt Angle.

Never say never, but I think Matt is gone for good.

I think the Jeff would have a bit of a problem coming back. The WWE tends to avoid people when they get on Death Watch. Not 100%, but pretty consistent. Jeff has no desire to stay remotely sober, and the WWE would have very little cover if he drops dead on their watch: (i) all those flunked tests, (ii) their prior parting ways with him over dope, and (iii) his legal issues.

I wouldn't say "never say never", but he's at the level they tend to side step.

John

I don't think Jeff's currently on Death Watch. He's clearly far from sober, but he isn't quite as messed up as he was in the past (end of his first WWE run to the time he returned). A lot of that is due to TNA's much more lax drug policy allowing him to work while pretty messed up. He'd get another chance if he could piss clean for them. I mean WWE was still interested in him after he was busted for drugs and were making WrestleMania plans for him before he returned to TNA. I doubt they'd be quite as high on him today, but they'd probably still risk it due to their dearth of main event talent.

Anybody else think that the recent Morrison push might be related to Tough Enough? Since the other six people who won Tough Enough are no longer with the company, they need to spotlight the one winner whose left to make the new series mean something, and since Morrison is the only guy around, he's getting bumped up.

Anybody else think that the recent Morrison push might be related to Tough Enough? Since the other six people who won Tough Enough are no longer with the company, they need to spotlight the one winner whose left to make the new series mean something, and since Morrison is the only guy around, he's getting bumped up.

It's possible. They started pushing him late summertime/early fall I think, which was definitely before the new TE was officially a go, but they might have had the idea kicking around

My feeling is when he had that random falls count anywhere match with Sheamus his performance was pretty great, and he got way more over in the match than they expected, and they thought, "hey, we might have something here". After that they really started pushing the idea of him having unorthodox "parkour" offense which could win or lose him a match against anyone

I'm not sure how much farther this push is going to go, but every time I expect them to stop it they just keep going, so it wouldn't shock me to see him with a world title this year

Here is a question. What value do the divas really have? They no longer do merchandise, ratings fall whenever they are on screen and they are no kind of attendance or ppV (not that anyone is now) draw. In the PG era they can't even be used as T & A

Yet they are as big a part of the show as they were in 2000. They should get rid of most of the women for a few years til the novelty returns.