Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread 2010-2011

Loss

I think people will be surprised by the Orton/Christian match. Of course I'm biased cause I'm a Orton fan but it was really good. Easily Orton's best match in months.

The thing that was interesting from the Smackdown tapings was just how strict Security is now about Cameras. They used to just check people at the doors if they had a video camera or other Contraband. Now they walk down the isles and basically stalk people with phones and take away disposable cameras.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall Batista having a constant facial expression like he smelled something.

WWE needs to do some serious training with guys to show them the difference between "I'm pissed" and "I have to poop" when it comes to facial expressions.

This. It seems everyone they call up from developmental is in serious need of a higher fiber diet. You'd think a company that employs William Regal wouldn't have that problem, but you'd be wrong.

Also someone mentioned big Zeke in reference to guys not using steroids anymore, it seems like he's been getting smaller a little bit each week. Wasn't it mentioned a while back that guys in developmental use steroids/HGH to get the bodies that get them noticed by WWE officials, but then when they get called up and have to follow stricter Wellness rules they suddenly lose their WWE builds.

Mason Ryan seems particularly ridiculous, not only does he seem to be bypassing Wellness rules, he's absolutely terrible. He can't seem to do even basic moves in the ring without looking worse than the most clueless Tough Enough trainee.

Orton is actually getting pushed harder than Cena now (and has been). He basically wins all his matches clean and it takes massive interference for him to do a job. If he does job he immediately gets his win back. He won all of the Punk matches clean, won the title clean and Miz and Sheamus were unable to pin him during their reigns when Orton was challenging.

WWE hasn't pushed a wrestler this strong in years. Maybe Austin during the late 90s. Maybe Brock but that was short term

The thing that was interesting from the Smackdown tapings was just how strict Security is now about Cameras. They used to just check people at the doors if they had a video camera or other Contraband. Now they walk down the isles and basically stalk people with phones and take away disposable cameras.

Technically speaking, is that even legal? I know their rules are supposed to ban all outside cameras in some kind of draconian fashion, but does the law seriously allow them to steal people's private property like that?

TNA are probably just again trying to one up WWE and Karma.

Going back to the tornado Karl Stern's latest podcast is pretty compelling stuff recorded after being up for 4 days straight doing disaster relief.

Technically speaking, is that even legal? I know their rules are supposed to ban all outside cameras in some kind of draconian fashion, but does the law seriously allow them to steal people's private property like that?

You're right, that doesn't make sense, their policy has always been to allow consumer still cameras and nothing is more consumer than a disposable camera.

TNA are probably just again trying to one up WWE and Karma.

What were the reasons Kong left in the first place ? Stupid TNA....

She attacked interview Bubba the Love Sponge backstage while yelling HAITI BABIES. She also attempted suicide at one point, according to Meltzer, but I don't know when exactly that was. I hope she got mental help before WWE signed her.

Something I thought about recently. Why is it the only guys who say "Its suppose to be fake" always have shitty punches?

Who are you refering to ? Guys who say "It's supposed to be fake" are the ones who are right anyway.

Unless you're refering to Lance Storm of course, which in that case, yes, is it annoying.;)

What were the reasons Kong left in the first place ? Stupid TNA....

She attacked interview Bubba the Love Sponge backstage while yelling HAITI BABIES. She also attempted suicide at one point, according to Meltzer, but I don't know when exactly that was. I hope she got mental help before WWE signed her.

Also, she was yet another female wrestler who wasn't getting paid jack shit. If you weren't a big WWE Diva, then TNA won't pay you much more than subsistence wages.

This is the first I've heard about the suicide attempt, what was the story there?

This is the first I've heard about the suicide attempt, what was the story there?

It was in the Observer.

It was after being fired from TNA. She thought she messed up any opportunity for being with a major company after the incident with Bubba.

The Bubba incident is kind of being underplayed here, she didn't snap on him for no reason. As I recall he said some really insensitive shit about assisting Haiti after their disaster and she confronted him about it and either yelled at him or beat the shit out of him depending on who tells the story.

He said "Fuck Haiti" on his Twitter, and iirc went on some rant on his radio show about how he shouldn't be forced to care about that country's disaster. Kong has extended family in Haiti and had been helping out with some charity efforts for relief, so it's not hard to understand her anger. She did indeed physically attack him, basically landing a few punches before it was broken up, according to most reports. But TNA didn't fire her, they wanted to keep her around; they refused to release her until weeks later, when it was obvious that she had zero intention of ever returning.

Something I thought about recently. Why is it the only guys who say "Its suppose to be fake" always have shitty punches?

Who are you refering to ? Guys who say "It's supposed to be fake" are the ones who are right anyway.

Unless you're refering to Lance Storm of course, which in that case, yes, is it annoying.;)

No its suppose to look good. Whether its fake or not is a secondary concern.

No its suppose to look good. Whether its fake or not is a secondary concern.

What ? So if you punch a guy in the nose to make it look good then it's good work ? I'm sorry but it's completely stupid. Taking care of your opponent is not a secondary concern. This is a shitty indy mentality from guys who have watched too many japanese tapes without understanding the style and think kicking a guy in the head full force is good work. You have to make it look good of course, but also take care of your opponent.

Really, this reminds me the saying "In the old days it was fake but the audience thought we were killing each others, these days they kill each others for real but the audience know it's fake."