Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread 2010-2011

Loss

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only link between homosexuality and paedophilia is how they've essentially swapped places in society over the last 100-odd years.

But chalk me up as another one surprised by Kenny. I knew he was religious, but not to that degree.

Guys I only come here to talk about wrestling, so little desire to discuss this further. But will give my last two pennies' worth.

I think the UK has to be "up there" in terms of liberal attitudes - if you look at issues that are still on the US agenda (gay rights, abortion, evolution vs. creationism etc.) and look at things from that perspective, those issues were largely dealt with ten or even twenty or thirty years ago here.

I'd say Belgium or Holland would probably be top trump for liberialism, but UK can't be too far behind. It's a country that is not as prone to extremism as many other parts of Europe, never has been, so we don't see the scale of neo-Nazi racism you still get in Germany, Italy, Spain, and even extremely socially conscious places like Denmark. That said, I think there's more than enough xenophobia here, you just need to open the Sun or the Daily Mail on any given day of the week to see that.

This comment is more than worth a thread here.

I was thinking recently of words that Samoa Joe wrote about Hashimoto.

When I 1st started in Japan my knowledge of Hashimoto was limited albeit somewhat educated. It was only when I began to wrestle across the ring from the man that I truly realized what it meant to be a star. Hashimotos ambiance did not lie in a flashy gimmickry, trend setting re-invention or the intangible coolness, of his musketeer brethren. Hashimoto had foregone the pomp and circumstance of wrestling and simply sought to be the embodiment of an ideal. The ideal that was the founding principle of the dojo that produced him which was derived from the centuries old warrior customs of his culture. Hashimoto embodied Toukon, The Fighting Spirit.

Once at a preliminary training session, Hashimoto had quizzed a group of relatively clueless gaijin about the most important aspect of Professional Wrestling. Answers sprung forth pleading a case for "Technique" and "Psychology", but Hashimoto simply pointed at his eyes and said "The Fire". The fire, the burning spirit, the unyielding will, even in the face of insurmountable challenges. With a simple gesture and the most intense stare I had ever seen I understood all these things that I have just listed and nodded in compliance.

Hashimoto's popularity was no accident as he represented the very essence of the much vaunted Samurais of old. He was a single ideal, by any means necessary, no questions asked, decisiveness personified. Enter the ring and destroy the opposition that is in front of you. Hakaio

In his simplicity you could find his brilliance and the basis for his astounding charisma. ....

So, so true, Hashimoto and I come from exactly the same school of thought. The most important thing in all of wresting is the eyes/fire.

How much credit do we give CageSideSeats for this:

PWTorch has learned that Terry Taylor was fired from his duties as head of TNA's talent relations on Friday.

In a company-wide statement, TNA announced that Dean Broadhead will oversee the contractual end of talent relations. Former WWE executive Bruce Prichard will handle Taylor's other duties.

Taylor had been with the company with 2003 in a management role and served as head of talent relations for the majority of TNA's existence.

Caldwell's Analysis: According to sources in TNA, Prichard is not well-liked by wrestlers in the company. Prichard joined TNA in an agent/producer role last year after spending two decades in WWE working closely with Vince McMahon. His shift to talent relations is closer to his role in WWE.

PWTorch has learned that Terry Taylor was fired from his duties as head of TNA's talent relations on Friday.

In a company-wide statement, TNA announced that Dean Broadhead will oversee the contractual end of talent relations. Former WWE executive Bruce Prichard will handle Taylor's other duties.

Taylor had been with the company with 2003 in a management role and served as head of talent relations for the majority of TNA's existence.

Caldwell's Analysis: According to sources in TNA, Prichard is not well-liked by wrestlers in the company. Prichard joined TNA in an agent/producer role last year after spending two decades in WWE working closely with Vince McMahon. His shift to talent relations is closer to his role in WWE.

If that's true, somewhere Jim Cornette is laughing his ass off.

Also, I had no idea Bruce Pritchard had been fired by WWE and was working in TNA. Man, with all those guys with a long ass experience, they still can't pproduce any shit that makes sense ?

WWE writing out a wrestler who got pregnant a month into her monster buildup (before working she ever worked a match) by making fun of her emotional problems in an angle where she has a realistic panic attack is so ridiculous that it's a work of art.

WWE writing out a wrestler who got pregnant a month into her monster buildup (before working she ever worked a match) by making fun of her emotional problems in an angle where she has a realistic panic attack is so ridiculous that it's a work of art.

Wow that is a pretty interesting take if true.

Some are saying back injury.