Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread 2010-2011

Loss

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the guy at Keith's blog is really grating on my nerves. This time it's "If you think any movie or actor pre 1970 is worth anything you don't know shit" Man this guy

This the same guy who claimed that the booking of the Flair/Kerry cage match was horrible. It's obvious he doesn't know his ass from his elbow.

the guy at Keith's blog is really grating on my nerves. This time it's "If you think any movie or actor pre 1970 is worth anything you don't know shit" Man this guy

This the same guy who claimed that the booking of the Flair/Kerry cage match was horrible. It's obvious he doesn't know his ass from his elbow.

He's right. It's not like it led to anything memorable or anything.

What the hell was this guy's reasoning on that statement?

PWInsider is reporting that CM Punk maybe leaving WWE.

His deal is up in a few months apparently he is burnt out and unhappy with his position in the company over the last year.

I guess Punker can only take being passed over being a company/utility guy for so long. Hate to see him go.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that report just yet, he may just be holding out for a better deal. Really to take the first offer given when the company is in such a weak state would be a pretty foolish thing to do.

Really random obscure ECW question I hope someone can answer for me here. Is it true one of their mid-carder performers used a song by Porcupine Tree called "Stranger By The Minute" as their entrance music? I read this somewhere a long time ago and can't remember the source, but it's been at me for awhile. The timeline of it would have to be towards the end of the company, considering the song came out in 1999.

Wow, that was something.

Now I'm even more pumped for the Christian-Henry feud, too.

(Also, I wanna be the guy to point out that his bone thickness and muscle density is such that he'd be just under 300 pounds if he had 0% body fat.)

Okay, got it.

I think folks have been crtical of Flair-Kerry for a while in terms of the match itself. I know Frank was when he did his WCCW Digests. Will points out how horrid Manning was, and it wasn't just in this match: he really came across *often* like he thought he was another Von Erich and one of the stars of the promotion. Dylan points out that it's sloppy, which it is. I thought the finish sucked: people disconnect with the Slamming of the Door like it's the finish. It's not. Manning restarts it... and eventually Kerry knocks Flair goofy before Manning stops it with a non-finish "win" for Flair. It always struck me as a match where they had the perfect finish: Kerry gets knocked out by the door, Ric takes advantage of it and covers Kerry... and Manning is positioned where he has to count the pin for Flair: it's a No DQ Match.

The angle did work, and it's hard to argue with that part.

John

Guest Paul Kersey

Didn't think these thought fit the yearbook thread on the Intrepid bodyslam challenge angle, but two thoughts:

-When Ahmed Johnson slammed Yoko I (and my other kid wrestling fans) was just starting to smarten up. It still seemed huge, and everybody thought Ahmed was headed to being the first black WWF champ. I don't think they'd fed Yoko to anybody new yet, let alone somebody that new. (A couple months later, he was obviously being fed to Vader.)

-How many top babyfaces did Vince attempt to push instead of committing to Bret? I'm counting returning Hogan, AllAmerican Lex, Diesel, and Shawn, at least. Am I missing anybody?

They never really seem to push Taker over Bret, but book monsters for Taker. Bret was already a heel by the time Austin got the push, but it seemed Vince even would have preferred Shawn to be the the heel to job to Austin (assuming Austin had to beat somebody at WM14. I'd have actually thought Bret a better fit for it.)

Man, I just got done hanging out with some pals having a good time cause Tuesday nights are my Friday nights and I was in the mood for some good wrestling. I'm awful about not labeling anything and having dvd's all over the place, but I grabbed the first unlabeled DVD i saw and it's from the Memphis set with the Lawler/ Bockwinkel matches. Sometimes the fates are cool. Everything about this is awesome. The whole bit where Lawler was gonna get a match with Flair for the belt because he was the Southern Champ, but Bock has won the belt from him and HE'LL get the shot when Flair comes to town unless Jerry can get his belt back is just so great. Add in the matches being great and Lance showing why he's THE greatest wrestling announcer of all time, no contest...man. So fucking cool.