Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread 2010-2011

Loss

Guest Paul Kersey

I seem to remember a couple weeks after it looked like Kong v Bubba blew over, Bubba's show prank called her and Bubba went off screaming racial epithets. I think he was claiming he'd press assault charges but turned around and gave Kong a harassment claim against him. This is a "something like that" recollection. Clarification?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're confusing being injured with something hurting.

Oh god, don't ever restart that horrible old "stiff vs snug" argument again.

This is a "something like that" recollection. Clarification?

Yeah, that happened. He got on the air with her by having another radio host, a friend of Bubba's, pretending to interview her for his own show. Once she was on, he basically went into a Mel Gibson screaming fit, repeatedly calling her a "dumb black bitch".

Question: In the old pay-per-appearance type contracts they used to have in the 80s, was there any allowances made for how long the match worked was?

So lets say two guys are both on $2000 per appearance contracts but worker A works a 30 minute broadway and worker B works a 5 minute squash match, do they get paid the same anyway?

Guest kidd

would depends on the contract, per appearanc eto me means per appearance whether your wrestling 2 minutes or 30. The difference is IF Miz is on a per appearance contract eh might get $1,000 per appearance where let's say Chris masters might only make $100 per appearance. it doesn't matter waht they are doing during the appearance.

Sometimes the promoter will give you a You Did A Good Job And I'm Feeling Generous bonus for particularly hard work, but it's never written into the contract. Reminds me of a story Jericho told in his new book, when his paycheck for Wrestlemania 18 turned out much smaller than he expected. Like, less than a hundred grand, when Triple H got paid four or five times as much. He stormed into Vince's office all mad, and Vince just shrugged and said "Ross, cut him another check" without any debate.

JC Ice tells a similar story in his shoot interview. He was on a $500 per appearance deal and when he worked 'Mania 13 he figured he'd get at least a few grand. Nope, he got a check for $100. The WWF had advanced him and Wolfie $400 before the actual event, so when paychecks came, it was only the extra $100 of his contract.

A-Ry throws in the towel for Miz to save him from grievous bodily harm, because he loves him, and the Miz is furious. The rejection from his one true love drives A-Ry insane and he becomes a scorned lover figure while Miz's new found homophobic butchness makes him a face. After the feud, A-Ry will have moved on to a new mancrush, perhaps one who acts as a bodyguard/enforcer figure. Miz moves back into his Pick-Up Artist persona, but now more butch and macho. This is how the Miz becomes a top flight face and A-Ry becomes a midcard gay heel.

What did he say wrong?

Dont you think too much moaning by a rich millionaire?

It seems he's always been up front about hating the travel and being in the public eye and that's why he quit. Hell, in UFC he doesn't talk to his boss for months on end. He maintains such a secluded lifestyle that he had no idea who Chael Sonnen was when asked.

Yeah, the idea that having money somehow means a person can't be upset/angry/whatever is rather silly. It'd be one thing were Brock to exploit his fame in the media, sign magazine deals etc... and then turn around on them. If you're a naturally private person (as all signs point to Brock being) then all the money in the world isn't going to make it a pleasant experience.

Yeah, the idea that having money somehow means a person can't be upset/angry/whatever is rather silly. It'd be one thing were Brock to exploit his fame in the media, sign magazine deals etc... and then turn around on them. If you're a naturally private person (as all signs point to Brock being) then all the money in the world isn't going to make it a pleasant experience.

I get that he just goes on and on about it. With no nuisance about him nothing about say making kid's day, visiting sick and disabled children etc. The excerpt is far more maudlin and over wrought than I though it would be. He is like Henry Rollins in Get in the Van or something.

He wanted to do his job and get paid, wasn't interested in being a celebrity. Jody Hamilton could've prepared him:

Thanks for posting that tomk, that was a really good segment. Never seen a Jody Hamilton promo before, he's GOOD.

Guest Paul Kersey

That reminds me of Kevin Cook's famous post about HBK and HHH's history as the longest lasting gay couple in wrestling history.

I read a pretty good case for Evolution also representing the phases in HHHs life as a modern gay man. I'm starting to wonder if it was the same post, and they were his other lovers along the way.

Gay read aside, that's not a bad way to set up Miz v Riley. No matter how they do it, I'm pretty sure I'll be viewing it as a gay lover's quarrel now.

What did he say wrong?

Dont you think too much moaning by a rich millionaire?

It seems he's always been up front about hating the travel and being in the public eye and that's why he quit. Hell, in UFC he doesn't talk to his boss for months on end. He maintains such a secluded lifestyle that he had no idea who Chael Sonnen was when asked.

But do you think he knows who the Beatles and Bo Jackson are?