Loss

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff on Texas/Houston, Bix.

John

Thanks. Most of that is from Gary Hart's book, which covers Texas wrestling history really in depth.

The pre-split setup is one of those relatively major things that seems largely left out of wrestling history for some reason. Meltzer mentions it occasionally but not in detail.

There were also clips of Hulk Hogan being shown (amongst other things) while the music was playing.

In the crowd?

As awesome as that would have been, no.

As Meltzer would say, really good face promo....

"But he totally buried Trump. Now an election between the two would have no heat."

"NO BUYS!"

"Be still, boy."

I like how Rock kept his patriotic spiel concise and to the point, and how the show (other than the opening and the Cena clip later on) kept it at that.

At least they got some decent-caliber celebrities (and George Lopez) for the Rock's birthday stuff.

Now I gotta pull one of my favorite Family Guy exchanges

Meg: "Chris, change the channel. I want to watch George Lopez."

Chris: "That show just furthers the stereotype that George Lopez is funny."

What was the WWF's plan for Lex Luger in '95 when he jumped to WCW? I remember hearing that he was to be heavily featured in the next editions of Raw after SummerSlam in a major angle, but Cawthon's site doesn't list him as part of the tapings (other than a 6 man on Action Zone).

I don't recall Batista having a constant facial expression like he smelled something.

WWE needs to do some serious training with guys to show them the difference between "I'm pissed" and "I have to poop" when it comes to facial expressions.

I'm okay and luckily we didn't get any major damage on my street but on each side of me there were houses and businesses destroyed and lives lost.

That sucks. My mom and dad teach in Ringold Ga which is also where my brother is a Senior in high school. Or should I say was. There schools don't exist anymore.

What was the WWF's plan for Lex Luger in '95 when he jumped to WCW? I remember hearing that he was to be heavily featured in the next editions of Raw after SummerSlam in a major angle, but Cawthon's site doesn't list him as part of the tapings (other than a 6 man on Action Zone).

I always figured Luger would have been Davey's opponent at IYH3 had he not left, and Bigelow was a replacement for Lex in that match, but the Torch from that time said Lex was scheduled to face HHH at that show.

Meanwhile in news from the Smackdown and Impact tapings tonight,

Orton beat Christian for the title

Chyna is back in TNA

What shit.

I think the best part was TNA teasing that Jeff Hardy was going to be there teaming with Matt, and instead it was Chris Harris. Way to set up the biggest letdown in history, TNA! Although, I guess it does play off of Matt Hardy and Braden Walker's backstage vignette from ECW remembered by nobody.

I can somewhat understand WWE not wanting to really rock the boat too much seeing as the Mania buyrate was up and ratings seem to be doing good. But, between the tease of Cena to Smackdown and Christian's title win, they've had two great chances to shake things up and put some genuine interest in the product and pissed it away both times.

I legit LOLed at Chyna being Mick's surprise at the Impact tapings. I don't think they could have found someone less relevent if they even tried. I have the feeling Russo will be playing the "Former wrestler turned reality TV star" card the same way WWE can use the Rock as a former wrestler turned movie star.