Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network finally happening

flyonthewall2983

If this was asked before, sorry.I did a search on Download and couldnt find this answer..

Will paying customers be able to capture hte videos they watch to local PC to watch or put on DVD for their own use if needed?

I woudlnt pay for it if I couldnt do that....

They won't let you download it but people will rip it.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really looking forward to this. I got a Smart T.V a few weeks back. Upped my Internet connection and got a wireless router. I bought a Roku 3 so I can stream it to my television don't have the patience to wait till the summer to see if my Smart TV will be compatible .Between the network, comps, you tube, and Daily Motion I'll have more than enough wrestling.

If this was asked before, sorry.I did a search on Download and couldnt find this answer..

Will paying customers be able to capture hte videos they watch to local PC to watch or put on DVD for their own use if needed?

I woudlnt pay for it if I couldnt do that....

They won't let you download it but people will rip it.

It was easy to do so on the older Classics Online shows until they changed how they encoded them around teh time they were putting up Superstars in April '92 and forward and Challenge '89...couldnt get it to work after that...I paid for the service..

In my opinion, I am paying for that video, if I want it for my own use to watch when I want WHENEVER and WHEREEVER, I should be able to.....as long as I dont sell it.

Been away for awhile (not by choice, couldn't log on. So glad the site has updated though so good to be back). Well jeez where to start. I was blown away by WWE's decision to do what I hoped they would and then some. Keeping it online and away from regular television is not only the most innovative but it's the best thing they could do. If they were a regular "network" they'd be beholden to ratings and wind up like several networks that had intellectual falls from grace (Bravo, A&E, TLC, History Channel and so on).

Maybe they'll do repeats, but not too sure about On Demand.

BTW, what was with Warrior's HOF spot having the old school WWF logo blurred out? The Bobo Brazil spot from Monday night didn't have that, which was a relief but it makes me wonder if the previous blurring was a mistake of some kind.

Maybe they dubbed new audio over an existing Warrior video or something like that?

With the Primetime, ECW and WCW TV that has been shown on 24/7 already - do we think they will simply reshow those episodes, starting from the beginning of those shows? Will they pick up where they left off on 24/7?

They restart. They're getting the money from the people who ordered Classics on Demand. That's sort of a given.

Network debut is almost a week away. We know all the PPVs will be available from the start. What will be the first PPV you want to watch? I usually like to start from the beginning on stuff. Have seen very few full WCW PPVs so that is something I want see. Starrcade 83 seems like the proper start for me. I'll probably focus mostly on WCW at first. However, since Royal Rumble 2014 is probably available at start I might jump into that since have not seen it yet. I may watch full WCW/WWF/ECW shows from 98/99 too to get the full picture of those shows when going through yearbooks.

Pay-per-views for sure, and home video is a big wild card because there are so many interpretations of what that means. It it just DVD releases? Is it Coliseum Video? Is it just the documentary portion of DVDs or the matches as well? They haven't really clarified.

I don't know if it is too much time to think about it, the leaks of what and what will not be on there or the amount of overall lackluster PPVs that have happened lately but I may wait awhile before I pick up the network. I want to see what technical issues people are having, what the line-ups end up being for the live stream and what actual rare and new content is on demand before dropping the cash.

It'd be nice if they made edits specifically to have everything from both the live PPV and the Coliseum Video exclusive stuff as well.

In the past, they seem to default with the live PPV feed - which had its benefits for WCW stuff where matches were cut from the home video release. I know in particular for Halloween Havoc 98, the Classics on Demand version had a number of matches that were cut.

I don't know if it is too much time to think about it, the leaks of what and what will not be on there or the amount of overall lackluster PPVs that have happened lately but I may wait awhile before I pick up the network. I want to see what technical issues people are having, what the line-ups end up being for the live stream and what actual rare and new content is on demand before dropping the cash.

The first week is a free trial and will include a live special (NXT).

The lineup is a legit concern until we see what's actually going to be available, but I wouldn't be too concerned about technical issues. MLB.tv has a couple million subscribers with access to all 162 games of every MLB team (minus blackout nonsense) and their service is one of the best available.

One thing that WWE is going to have to really overcome is the perception among wrestling fans that the WWE Network is running off the same tin cans and string setup indy groups use for iPPVs.