Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure early boxing and wrestling rings *were* rings, before taking on the square/rectangle shape. So it's a "squared circle" in the almost-literal sense of the term.

I also believe that it was originally used with boxing, then made its way over to wrestling.

John

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wres...5/#.UqsxxLTlcTA

I do an overview of the ECW inspired Uncensored 95 and all of it's infamy. First I start with a rant on WCW workrate in correlation to their success.

-RENEGADE!

-Sherri takes the bump of the night...

-The end of talented big fat heels.

-How to make sure Arn Anderson has a bad match

- MMA Jim Duggan

-The Death of Vader's Aura

- Bobby Heenan as PT Barnum

and other random notions.

Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but WWE.com did this oral history of SMW for the site today:

http://www.wwe.com/classics/oral-history-o...26165186/page-1

The players : Lance Storm, Chris Jericho, D-Lo Brown, Jerry Lawler, Road Dogg ? I mean, seriously ?

Road Dogg was around for quite a bit. He worked under a mask for much of 1993 as the Dark Secret. He actually wore Brad's old Badstreet gear, which was kind of cool.

They did have Cornette, which couldn't have been an easy get since he hasn't exactly been on great terms with WWE for the past ten years. Really, he's the most important guy to have, everybody else is gravy. It's not as complete as it could be (obviously) but for what they were trying to do in the space they had, it was fine.

They did have Cornette, which couldn't have been an easy get since he hasn't exactly been on great terms with WWE for the past ten years. Really, he's the most important guy to have, everybody else is gravy. It's not as complete as it could be (obviously) but for what they were trying to do in the space they had, it was fine.

I think it was September when Corny did an interview, stating he's lightened up to the point where he admitted that it would be cool to be inducted with the Midnight Express in the WWE HOF, what with Mania being in New Orleans. Wish I could remember who it was with. Something like the SMW article may have been an ice-breaker.

He had a strong relationship with FMW and enjoyed japanese style better. And he wouldn't look that big in the land of giants that was WWF. ECW was the perfect fit since it was a small guys promotion.

And he wouldn't have come across as being good without wrestlers bumping hard for him. In WCW, the booking didn't do him any favors but no one there was going to fly across the ring for him like a Masato Tanaka would. Same for WWF but that was more them not wanting to give any of the "WCW" guys anything at all.

On Meltzer's site, they announced Court Bauer is now part of ROH. I laughed because earlier this week, John Pollock was on his show with Bauer and said "this is a promotion where it is difficult to be a fan of this product" and Bauer trying to dance around in his response.

Podcasts seem to be a decent vehicle for ex-WWE Creative people to get a job elsewhere.

Dave Lagana went from his IWantWrestling podcast to a role in TNA.

On Meltzer's site, they announced Court Bauer is now part of ROH. I laughed because earlier this week, John Pollock was on his show with Bauer and said "this is a promotion where it is difficult to be a fan of this product" and Bauer trying to dance around in his response.

Interesting since he runs the ship at MLW radio - in particular the Cornette podcast (not big on ROH).

Lagana then went from ripping WWE left and right for their storylines to repeating them in a shitty way for TNA

After turning IWantWrestling into hashtag that was used to display smarky displeasure.

And purged all record of his podcast and website on the internet.

according to Meltz AJ Lee went of on an obscenity laced tirade against Michelle Beadle for talking to Punk backstage at the Troops show. She has major heat and will be punished. Punk tweeted early this week criticizing the company over it. About the worst thing you can do is cause a scene in front of a (even quasi) celebrity right in front of WWE management. If she would have done this to any other woman on the roster it probably wouldn't have been that big of a deal