Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

If you DQ the WWF model, I believe you're correct about the idea of the cage match and why a feud would turn to it to resolve things.

The only examples I'm recalling are Memphis with Tommy Rich under the ring, and Continental with Doug Furnas' debut (which was stolen for Kane in Badd Blood).

Kevin Sullivan in Florida coming up through the ring to attack Dusty.

The New Guinea Headhunters did it in Continental too.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Khawk has the best gifs in his signature.

Will Christmas wrestling shows ever return? I don't see WWE bringing those back. About the only thing that does Christmas these days is the NBA. Tough cause you like to see folks get the day off and be with family. I'd be at a loss if EPL stopped doing their Boxing day fixtures but a lot of the foreign players hate the schedule.

So back to wrestling, I just read a report that with Hunico taking over the Sin Cara mask, Mistico isn't expected to be re-signed when his contract expires on January 10th. How big of a deal will his return to Mexico be? Will it matter that WWE reported his full name when announcing his Wellness violation?

2 last Nyets notes and then back to rasslin.

1) I've stopped watching Nets games this year because I actually want to enjoy the other 29 teams and not let their sideshow bring me down. We're headed for an epic ECF that should be as big as any series since Indy/Chicago in '98 or Chicago/PHX in '93 (I was never keen on Utah in '97-'98).

2) Richard Jefferson is the man and will always be so. One year at an event for season ticket holders he was signing a jersey for my family, told me I was a dead ringer Lawrence Frank and called Frank over so we could all have a laugh with it. Then at my wedding, through some connections, the wife surprised me with a personalized card congratulating us and signed by RJ. Pretty damn awesome.

Off from work today and watching AJW Dream Slam 1 highlights on '93 Yearbook. For. The. Win!

So back to wrestling, I just read a report that with Hunico taking over the Sin Cara mask, Mistico isn't expected to be re-signed when his contract expires on January 10th. How big of a deal will his return to Mexico be? Will it matter that WWE reported his full name when announcing his Wellness violation?

It should be fairly big. I think that he will draw very well, too. AAA is already doing well in the big arenas but Mistico will be a huge boost for the smaller weekday shows.

His name being reported is a non issue. Message board smart fans in Mexico are a very small group with no power or business influence whatsoever.

Reading JerryVanKramer's musings on the vertical suplex reminds me why I love wrestling. Not only is wrestling fun to watch, it is fun to talk about. I don't know if there is an entertainment form quite so open to interpretation and debate as pro wrestling. The width and depth of wrestling available now, and the venues for discourse, kind of amaze me still, after over a decade of being an internet fan.

Agreed 100% elbow. One of the 300+ reasons I love doing the podcasts. I want to find people who can talk, share, argue, agree, disagree, dissect, laugh about, learn, teach, explain, describe wrestling.

Agree with this 100%. I enjoy talking about wrestling so much more than just typing about it. My favorite part of Titans is when Parv, Johnny, or Kelly and I disagree.