Ring of Honor Wrestling

Coffey

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know maybe I would have to look at the Roderick Strong vs Matt Hardy match from 2005 I think because at the time I though Matt was half assing it

I thought the Strong match was great and the best of his 3 matches thear. vs Daniels was real good too & vs Homicide I liked bu was the weakest. Forget which promotion but he had an awesome match vs AJ Styles around this same time.

A Kevin Steen style main event is the last thing Matt should be booked in right now.

I think the best thing for Matt would be to retire and become a trainer or an agent. Of course, he might have to wait a bit before either of the two big companies would trust him with such a job.

Apparently they are also try to tell us last night that Adam Cole is like the next Matt Hardy which is something I have never heard of before. I never looked at Cole/O'Reilly as a rip off of the Hardys. but at least they were smart enough to make him heel since the ROH crowd will never like seeing Matt in the ring

If anything Adam is a pretty boy less sarcastic CM Punk.

Posted Image

Poor Matt.

I think my friend Larry put it best on twitter RE: ROH's apology for the iPPV. Every time they issue one, they never really take responsibility for the problem.

And with this one ROH didn't spellcheck their apology. Check out the last line for a flavour:

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-sto...g-ippv-problems

Mike Johnson took it upon himself to correct it other outlets didn't.

A Kevin Steen style main event is the last thing Matt should be booked in right now.

I think the best thing for Matt would be to retire and become a trainer or an agent. Of course, he might have to wait a bit before either of the two big companies would trust him with such a job.

I imagine he might be using RoH to prove that he's being a good boy to get back to the big leagues.

• 3 weeks later...

Hunter "Delirious" Johnson has taken over as the head of Ring of Honor's creative direction effective immediately. The ROH locker room was informed on Saturday at the promotion's Rahway, NJ debut.

Jim Cornette and ROH came to a mutual decision on the change I am told. Cornette will remain with the company in a backstage role and will assist Johnson as well as working on production and logistics.

Cornette will be written out of ROH storylines with an angle where he was attacked backstage by an irate Jay Lethal in the fallout of the no contest with Kevin Steen in Rahway. ROH will be running stories on their website to explain the changes with Cornette's exit from his authority figure role.

YAY

Yeah. Delirious was the booker in the days after Pearce and before Sinclair Broadcasting took over. This doesn't really sound like much of a change, as Delirious was Cornette's deputy and was already doing a lot of the writing grunt work. Cornette will still maintain some influence. A shake up without much shaking going on.

Yeah, the one and only! I do hope Cornette never gets his phone number. ;)

I loved this quote from Corny:

The point is, Ring of Honor’s exposure, business, and brand continue to expand, and when you consider what’s happened since 2009, it’s been a very quick expansion.

Live events schedule for the final three months of the year:

RAHWAY, NJ - "KILLER INSTINCT" 10/06/12

MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO - "GLORY BY HONOR XI" 10/13/12

BELLE VERNON, PA - TV TAPING

"FINAL BATTLE 2012" - NYC

Two iPPVs + 1 house show + 1 TV taping = 4 shows. Last year, in the same time frame they did 1 iPPV + 5 house shows + 2 TV tapings = 8 shows. They ran more shows in 2009 and 2010, in the same period too. Does this look like an expanding business, remembering that they've killed iPPV dead with their series of screw ups? :)

Anyway, here's my take on the situation: http://www.cagesideseats.com/2012/10/8/347...oking-reshuffle

I should thank Brian, didn't realise the newswire on the Fighting Spirit Magazine incorporates Cageside Seats stories into the running feed, like the one above. :)

No doubt that his booking is the main issue, but it's also kind of embarrassing they're owned by a TV company and their show has a look that would be dated in the 80s.

Also, was the story that this change was made prior to the NJ show legit or just a cover story after their fans nearly rioted over a non finish in the main event?

I doubt this will change much. I haven't enjoyed ROH since Gabe left in '08. I don't think the booking was really that much better under Pearce, he just had a better roster (Danielson, Hero, Claudio, Omega, Generico, etc.) that would put on matches that I would go out of my way to watch every now and then.