Smack2k

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who does he cash in on? If its Bryan that will get him nuclear heat

That's too meta. The heat would to on the company and not Rollins. It will be yet another 'See how WWE fucks everything up!" and not "Gee! That Rollins guy is a good-for-nothing bastard. I hope Bryan gives him what's coming to him!".

I think most people would be exited to see a long Bryan/Rollins program. Don't think there would be a lot of "fuck WWE" heat if Seth cashed in on DB.

I can't understand the people who want Rollins to cash in after the WM main at all.

That would produce some nuclear heat but not in the way WWE would want. They have conditioned most of the fans to believe that WM is the culmination of things and generally follows a send the fans home happy booking strategy. To me having Rollins cash in at WM and take the belt would be akin to a "Finger-Poke-Of-Doom" moment.

The other thing as well is the best opportunity for him to cash in would be at the Rumble. If it was me booking - and just me alone - I'd have Cena knock Lesnar out of the ring, Rollins eat a weak pin so Cena gets the belt, have Brock realize he got fucked and go King Kong Apeshit on Cena afterwards, then have Seth cash in to win the strap after Cena is basically dead, and go on to RAW the next night to explain he intentionally took the pin because he figured Brock would do all the dirty work for him.

The only way I see it happening that way is as a last resort. If Rollins stalls out, him winning the belt at WM becomes the best heel tactic he could do.

Again, I get the intent of generating nuclear style heat but I honestly believe that would backfire so badly on WWE as a whole like the Rey Jr nuke that went off last year at the Rumble.

I think if Reigns is the guy who wins at Mania, Rollins could cash in there. Or if Cena somehow won the title at Mania. Either of those could work. Anything else, though?

Bryan wins the title at Mania, Rollins tries to cash in, the Authority run out behind him, except everybody (including Bryan) beats the crap out of Rollins, Triple H orders the match started and Bryan casually pins Rollins. Bryan then hugs Triple H and Stephanie and they all celebrate and do the "Yes!" chant, thus Bryan is the one who turns heel.

I think if Reigns is the guy who wins at Mania, Rollins could cash in there. Or if Cena somehow won the title at Mania. Either of those could work. Anything else, though?

Bryan wins the title at Mania, Rollins tries to cash in, the Authority run out behind him, except everybody (including Bryan) beats the crap out of Rollins, Triple H orders the match started and Bryan casually pins Rollins. Bryan then hugs Triple H and Stephanie and they all celebrate and do the "Yes!" chant, thus Bryan is the one who turns heel.

No.

No.

Agreed, but it's always a possibility, given that WWE doesn't want to book Daniel Bryan as the top babyface, despite the audience having prior accepted him in that role.

I'm fantasy booking the WWE week by week here and I don't want to tip my hat at exactly what is happening at Mania, but here is an idea I booted around.

Earlier in the night you have some kind of Sting & co vs HHH & co with Seth being on Triple H's team. This match will be Triple H's last in the company, unless he wins type of deal. Anyways, he gets pinned in the match. Post match Rollins snaps and takes out the Authority.

Main Event Bryan defeats Brock for the title. As he is celebrating he gets attacked by two dudes dressed like The Shield (from NXT, so Kevin Steen, KENTA, Prince Devitt or whoever, pick two you like). As they put Bryan through the table, Rollins comes out in his old Shield outfit cashes in and wins the belt. The New Shield celebrate to end the show.

In the end, I think I am going to do something different with my WWE, but this idea would be interesting at least.

I can't understand the people who want Rollins to cash in after the WM main at all.

That would produce some nuclear heat but not in the way WWE would want. They have conditioned most of the fans to believe that WM is the culmination of things and generally follows a send the fans home happy booking strategy. To me having Rollins cash in at WM and take the belt would be akin to a "Finger-Poke-Of-Doom" moment.

The other thing as well is the best opportunity for him to cash in would be at the Rumble. If it was me booking - and just me alone - I'd have Cena knock Lesnar out of the ring, Rollins eat a weak pin so Cena gets the belt, have Brock realize he got fucked and go King Kong Apeshit on Cena afterwards, then have Seth cash in to win the strap after Cena is basically dead, and go on to RAW the next night to explain he intentionally took the pin because he figured Brock would do all the dirty work for him.

The only way I see it happening that way is as a last resort. If Rollins stalls out, him winning the belt at WM becomes the best heel tactic he could do.

Again, I get the intent of generating nuclear style heat but I honestly believe that would backfire so badly on WWE as a whole like the Rey Jr nuke that went off last year at the Rumble.

I could not disagree more with literally everything you're saying. The fact that people are so conditioned to expect a "happy ending" at WM is *exactly* why they should have Rollins cash in there. WWE fans are way too conditioned to expect certain things and WWE always follows the same old formula.

I strongly disagree with the idea that fans would "turn on it" ala Rey at the Rumble. Saying that betrays a total lack of understanding as to why fans shit on the Rumble in the first place. People were pissed at the company for being so tone-deaf that they didn't even understand that people wanted Bryan in the Rumble. The fans just wanted the company to get behind the guy. Having him main event WM 2 years in a row and win the title in both cases should put that to rest. I don't think Bryan needs to hold the title in order for fans to be satisfied, I just think he needs to be used as the top babyface. Rollins (and the company as a whole) gets way more out of a dastardly Rollins cash-in and subsequent title reign than Bryan gets out of holding the title for the summer. Bryan is better off chasing the chickenshit heel champion anyway.

We already have seen the big elaborate WM celebration for Bryan. I think this WM would be infinitely more interesting if that celebration got cut off by the most ambitious heel in years. I just can't understand people complaining about WWE never doing anything different but then squashing the idea that they break from the big "happy ending" WM formula.

What does any of this do for Reigns? Yes, Daniel Bryan winning the title at Mania, only for Rollins to commit the ultimate heinous crime and cash in to defeat him for the title is a thrilling scenario, that will benefit both Bryan and Rollins, but what about Reigns? He's still Vince's chosen.

Fuck it, Sting is past the point of pointing on anything beyond *** matches. So we'll have him team up with Roman Reigns to take on Triple H and Seth Rollins. That's pretty huge right? Teaming up with the (arguably) biggest name who has never wrestled in a WWE ring up until that point. Let's make it tornado tag rules with no DQ. Sting can cover up for his diminished in-ring ability with weapon spots, etc. Reigns and Rollins provide the wrestling, and Triple H does what Triple H does. Reigns and Sting go over in this historical semi-main event.

Or... We make it even bigger. Fuck it, total all out, same rules as before:

Sting, Hulk Hogan (if he can wrestle), Roman Reigns and John Cena vs. Triple H, Seth Rollins, Big Show and Kane

Now you have:

Brock Lesnar © vs. Daniel Bryan

Sting, Hogan, Reigns, Cena vs. Triple H, Rollins, Show, Kane

Bray Wyatt vs. Taker

What does any of this do for Reigns? Yes, Daniel Bryan winning the title at Mania, only for Rollins to commit the ultimate heinous crime and cash in to defeat him for the title is a thrilling scenario, that will benefit both Bryan and Rollins, but what about Reigns? He's still Vince's chosen.

Reigns turns heel, acts as Rollins muscle. Does the Batista turning on Evolution thing and beats Rollins for the title. Problem solved.

Reigns turns heel, acts as Rollins muscle. Does the Batista turning on Evolution thing and beats Rollins for the title. Problem solved.

That's possible too, but how will that be implemented exactly? Does Reigns interfere at the Rumble and hold off Lesnar and Cena so Rollins can get the win and the title? Or does he turn on Cena in the rumored tag team main event at the Fast Lane PPV?

I feel like fans want the extended Daniel Bryan reign as champion now - not just for him to win, but for him to hold on to it for a little while and take on all comers, since that didn't happen last year. I don't think his persona is the type that needs the title for a long period of time, but he at least needs a few months of challengers before dropping the title, and if they don't go for total heartbreak in the storytelling when having him drop it, they are doing it wrong.

I feel like fans want the extended Daniel Bryan reign as champion now - not just for him to win, but for him to hold on to it for a little while and take on all comers, since that didn't happen last year. I don't think his persona is the type that needs the title for a long period of time, but he at least needs a few months of challengers before dropping the title, and if they don't go for total heartbreak in the storytelling when having him drop it, they are doing it wrong.

That only works if he gets it back and then goes on the run. If he chases Rollins from Mania to SummerSlam and then has a SummerSlam to Mania (or Rumble) run that would be sufficient.

Unless, of course, fans give up completely.

I don't think fans will give up on the guy. If all the bad booking before last year's Rumble and eight months on the sidelines don't make people lose their affection for him, then nothing will. I feel like he's going to be the Bret Hart or Ric Flair type of this era in that he's never really going to be the guy they want to build around, but they will often have to go back to him because of either fan demand or because their other experiments don't work out. We'll see if I'm right on that point or not.

if Reigns doesn't turn heel then I think the best use of him at WM would be to have him be the guy to finally topple Rusev. Then I'd let Reigns unite the IC and US titles in the summer and give him a nice long run as the secondary champ. I think he's got promise, but it's way too early to have him going after the world title.

Well it is worse because it doesn't have Cena in it and neither guy is near as hot as Miz was then.

I wouldnt say he was hot. His reign was pretty dull.

When you think of Wrestlemania you think the biggest PPV of the year and when you think the WWE Title match you expect the main event to be top notch especially if its the last match going on. It just seemed terrible doing a double countout and then Rock just restarting the match so he can Rock Bottom Cena and cost him the match because Miz just covered after and then got beat up by Rock.

Yeah I know it was Payback for what happened on Raw weeks previous & to add Cena/Rock for the following mania but they should have had a clear cut winner in the match either Cena by pin or a sneeky rollup by Miz. Rock's my guy but I was less that impressed by how the ending of the show went. I think I would have preferred Cena to win cleanly and then as he celebrates with Rock he eats a Rock Bottom.

The problem was IMO Miz was a really good character and had legit heat, but he wasn't anywhere close to Rock/Cena level, plus he'd been booked a lucky champion who cheated and sneaked his way out of things, and never really beat anybody. He beat John Morrison on a really good falls count anywhere match on RAW, and I actually thought that should have been the WM title match, maybe a 6 man where Rock barely has to get in the ring and they tease animosity......but I digress. Miz had no big wins, so it was like having Honky Tonk man against Hulk Hogan with Randy Savage as the ref. And the way the booked the ending......terrible and predictable. They did so much crappy booking with Cena and Rock....not a program I'll ever look back on fondly

The cosmic key that unlocks all of the proper possibilities to Mania is using Sting in a tag match.

It would certainly help the card. A Sting singles match is nothing anyone wants to see and will stink up the card. Paring him with some workers would really help.

I don't think fans will give up on the guy. If all the bad booking before last year's Rumble and eight months on the sidelines don't make people lose their affection for him, then nothing will. I feel like he's going to be the Bret Hart or Ric Flair type of this era in that he's never really going to be the guy they want to build around, but they will often have to go back to him because of either fan demand or because their other experiments don't work out. We'll see if I'm right on that point or not.

I never thought about it in those terms before . After thinking about it . I see that totally happening.