Pro Wrestling Only

Current WWE

Smack2k

Bryan was drawing less than John Cena at house shows, selling less merchandise than John Cena and his television segments were lower rated than John Cena's, so they wrote it off as a vocal minority that didn't really represent the WWE fanbase as a whole. What's missed there is that such outcomes were almost entirely the result of self-fulling prophecy. Not to say Bryan would have been a bigger draw than Cena with the right push, but he had enough fan support that they needed to try to do something more with him. Somewhere along the way, their perception changed, probably more because Batista ending WM as the champ wasn't going to work than anything else. That's my theory.

Just imagine Batista going over at the end of the same show where John Cena defeated Bray Wyatt and the Undertaker's streak ended.

WWE's hand was forced by outside circumstances. Punk leaving blew up their Mania plans, and the Yes chant at the Michigan State game embarrassed them. Plus, the plan was always for Brock to win the belt at Summerslam, so there was no harm in giving him a Benoit-esque placeholder run.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought tonight was the best job they've done making Reigns feel like a big since perhaps the breakup of the Shield. Problem is there's just nothing about him that feels like a Mania main eventer. This isn't Batista in '04/'05 where you had the slow tease of his turn and people were dying to see him against HHH. It feels like he's being forced into a position people have zero appetite or demand for yet.

Hopefully this show ends with Orton coming back because he's really not a "surprise" royal rumble entrant no matter what WWE might think.

Nah. Orton is probably gonna have the biggest entrance pop at the Rumble, it'll be a nice "surprise".

I think I'd save Orton's return until Rollins cashes in his briefcase. Orton comes in, RKOs him to a huge pop, and you set them up for Wrestlemania with Orton having cost him the sure title win.

Watts would have slapped the little kid and then explained heat to him Patton style :P

Seriously that is a cool thing for Steph and Triple H to do.

https://twitter.com/chrisolds2009/status/557385734860972032/photo/1

awesome

Wade is gonna come unglued over this.

Thinking exactly the same thing!

The Ascension vs The New Age Outlaws added for the Royal Rumble. I guess we know when Will is gonna take a piss break :lol:

Pretty obvious Outlaws will job then. Honestly if thats all they are being brought into is job then Id rather they just not come back and just have someone else current in WWE put assention over.