Current WWE

Smack2k

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty good all things considered. It was an ok match but he was with Kane on a TV match with no finish so no big deal.

cool bro thanks for telling us that there was no finish

So we can talk about what happens on RAW with no spoilers but we have to spoiler tag SD! even when the show is on? My bad I guess.

We already have seen the big elaborate WM celebration for Bryan. I think this WM would be infinitely more interesting if that celebration got cut off by the most ambitious heel in years. I just can't understand people complaining about WWE never doing anything different but then squashing the idea that they break from the big "happy ending" WM formula.

Because the Big Happy WrestleMania Ending actually works, and cash-ins aren't anything different at this point. They've had 14 MITB matches in the last ten years, and 11 successful cash-ins coming after a title match and four after a title change.

A cash-in would be a heel version of the finish of WM IX that everyone has ridiculed since the moment it happened, except that it wouldn't be a Hogan ego-boost, it'd be a Vince ego-boost. Or a HHH ego-boost, or whoever comes up with it.

Bryan now sporting the 1996 Shawn Michaels hair. He looked pretty damn good in both matches. That is the first time I can remember other babyfaces saving him from a beatdown. I don't recall that happening at all last year in that 9 month storyline. Hopefully they don't fuck around with the Kane match next week. Something tells me they move that match to Raw

That is the first time I can remember other babyfaces saving him from a beatdown. I don't recall that happening at all last year in that 9 month storyline.

They were pretty good with that, actually, when I think that "faces not saving other faces" is often a huge weakness. The locker room save that led to the 11-on-3 match, the Rhodes Bros./Usos bailing him and Punk out from the combined Shield/Wyatts attack, and The Shield's save the night after WM all come to mind quickly enough. The only times when he wasn't that stand out are the first HHH beatdown (where Bryan got him with the punt to the head while Trips was standing over him which was the most important thing), the absurd one with the fake cops, and the write-out with Kane. All of those had storyline purpose instead of the babyfaces just not getting off of their asses.

I don't think fans will give up on the guy. If all the bad booking before last year's Rumble and eight months on the sidelines don't make people lose their affection for him, then nothing will. I feel like he's going to be the Bret Hart or Ric Flair type of this era in that he's never really going to be the guy they want to build around, but they will often have to go back to him because of either fan demand or because their other experiments don't work out. We'll see if I'm right on that point or not.

I think Bryan CAN be more than that but I don't think it'll happen. I'm of the mindset that the future WWE is looking for really is in Rollins, Ambrose, Zayne and Balor. One of those four I feel is going to be the guy - most likely Balor. Bryan will float with Itami as guys I can see them going back to when necessary if experiments bomb.

No knock on Balor's incredible talents and, personally, I don't find these things to matter to me as a fan, but looking at WWE's history, is there really a feeling that a non-North American guy under 6 feet tall could really be the focus of the WWE? I mean, sure, we saw something close to that with Benoit, Guerrero, and Mysterio, and if Finn Balor can achieve THAT level of success, he'd be a Hall of Fame caliber guy, but I just don't know if he could seriously be considered a potential "next guy" like Reigns, Ambrose, or Rollins.

No knock on Balor's incredible talents and, personally, I don't find these things to matter to me as a fan, but looking at WWE's history, is there really a feeling that a non-North American guy under 6 feet tall could really be the focus of the WWE? I mean, sure, we saw something close to that with Benoit, Guerrero, and Mysterio, and if Finn Balor can achieve THAT level of success, he'd be a Hall of Fame caliber guy, but I just don't know if he could seriously be considered a potential "next guy" like Reigns, Ambrose, or Rollins.

If you believe the gossip Kevin Dunn hates accents. Jim Ross was "too southern". Regal is too British to be doing commentary on tv (let's ignore the fact that he's great at it and the fact that he's British has never seemed to bother the audience). Meltzer thought the main reason they did the elaborate entrance and paint for Balor on the NXT show is because HHH expects Dunn to bury him when he's called up, and he wants him to have a running start on an uphill climb

So who knows. I'm not the biggest Balor fan but if he's given a fair shot he'll probably get over. I don't see him ever being as over as Mysterio, Guerrero or Benoit.....but stranger things have happened

Meltzer thought the main reason they did the elaborate entrance and paint for Balor on the NXT show is because HHH expects Dunn to bury him when he's called up, and he wants him to have a running start on an uphill climb

Makes me wonder how Kevin Dunn has that kind of influence, to where Triple H would need to play a card like that on one of his projects? Surely, Hunter could just tell Dunn how it's going to be?

I feel like fans want the extended Daniel Bryan reign as champion now - not just for him to win, but for him to hold on to it for a little while and take on all comers, since that didn't happen last year. I don't think his persona is the type that needs the title for a long period of time, but he at least needs a few months of challengers before dropping the title, and if they don't go for total heartbreak in the storytelling when having him drop it, they are doing it wrong.

Why would you book a storyline with your most over babyface that ends in heartbreak?