Current WWE

Smack2k

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So it looks like they can't show Main Event since the deal for the UK WWE Network gives Sky exclusive rights, so either they have to work something out or create an entirely separate network just for the UK. Just when you think they can't bungle this any more.

Are they excited about Daniel Bryan's return? Do they care about Rusev, Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt?

Definitely on Bryan.....they dig Ambrose & Rusev but Wyatt is not over.....one guy's girlfriend quit watching because of him because she said he was too demonic

It is amazing just how many causal fans absolutely love Bryan. All my friends here are huge fans of him. Not bad for a B+ goatface.

My cousin - who is super casual - loves Roman Reigns and the Superman Punch, and hates Bryan because he looks like an "ugly troll." So, Reigns does have his fans, but I still think WWE would be making a huge mistake pushing him over Bryan. I don't see the harm in giving Reigns another year. It's not like he's bursting with such momentum that they have to strike right this moment or risk cooling him down. He's not quite hot enough for that yet.

Well it is worse because it doesn't have Cena in it and neither guy is near as hot as Miz was then.

I wouldnt say he was hot. His reign was pretty dull.

When you think of Wrestlemania you think the biggest PPV of the year and when you think the WWE Title match you expect the main event to be top notch especially if its the last match going on. It just seemed terrible doing a double countout and then Rock just restarting the match so he can Rock Bottom Cena and cost him the match because Miz just covered after and then got beat up by Rock.

Yeah I know it was Payback for what happened on Raw weeks previous & to add Cena/Rock for the following mania but they should have had a clear cut winner in the match either Cena by pin or a sneeky rollup by Miz. Rock's my guy but I was less that impressed by how the ending of the show went. I think I would have preferred Cena to win cleanly and then as he celebrates with Rock he eats a Rock Bottom.

It is amazing just how many causal fans absolutely love Bryan. All my friends here are huge fans of him. Not bad for a B+ goatface.

My cousin - who is super casual - loves Roman Reigns and the Superman Punch, and hates Bryan because he looks like an "ugly troll." So, Reigns does have his fans, but I still think WWE would be making a huge mistake pushing him over Bryan. I don't see the harm in giving Reigns another year. It's not like he's bursting with such momentum that they have to strike right this moment or risk cooling him down. He's not quite hot enough for that yet.

My wife is super casual and adores Daniel Bryan. She has never seen his ROH work, never watched his KENTA stuff, only knows him from WWE when she sits down to watch and goes bonkers when he's out. She also likes Reigns too but if push comes to shove she goes with Bryan.

All of this that follows is going to be pure conjecture but I'm of the opinion that if Bryan can win over someone like my wife who knows fuck and all about pro wrestling as a whole he can be that top guy. I am also of the opinion that Reigns needs to simmer for another year, work some longer matches then re-evaluate (getting better promo material would also be hugely beneficial but that's not going to happen with Vince). I know they want to strap the rocket on him and go to the moon but I think the blowback in doing so would be much worse than when they tried to do it with The Rock starting out...

So it looks like they can't show Main Event since the deal for the UK WWE Network gives Sky exclusive rights, so either they have to work something out or create an entirely separate network just for the UK. Just when you think they can't bungle this any more.

These guys have a noted history of bungling super simple things so I'm not terribly surprised...

Am I crazy for thinking the best thing they could do with Rollins right now - and by extension, Reigns and Ambrose - is to run an angle where it's revealed the Shield breakup was just a ruse to infiltrate the Authority, leading to them reuniting? I know it wouldn't make any sense given what's happened since the breakup, but you know what? Most of that stuff, including the breakup, didn't make any sense either. At least this would not make sense and lead to something cool that people would actually want to see.

One thing which is a little odd to me is how deeply they've had the on screen characters of Steph and Triple H get behind Rollins, who is not the sort of guy the WWE would traditionally get behind. He's not physically Randy Orton or John Cena or Batista or Austin or Rocky or Angle. He has that indy background. Not only have they gotten behind him but they've given a lot of in-story reasons for them to get behind him. It's sort of warranted. Yes, he's been presented as highly vulnerable but he's also had more of a hand in the big plans than, let's say, Corporate Rock. They more or less present him as the heir to the Cerebral Assassin title, which is no small thing in corporate WWE's mind, I'm sure.

For what it's worth, the talk at the time of the breakup was that they were already looking ahead to sometime around the end of this year to reunite the group where it would be a big deal.

Which kind of defeats the purpose of having them break up in the first place, right? I mean, these guys could have been with another guy in the group been a Four Horsemen-like group. They got the rub from Flair over Evolution earlier in the year. It just amazes me the complete and total lack of long-term booking thought that goes on in this company which isn't NXT...

Yeah, I don't think they understood that they could keep the group together while still pushing them as singles stars. Circumstances would almost definitely present themselves a year or even two years down the line where it would make sense to have them face each other, but it would mean way more at that point. As it stands, Rollins didn't gain much from the Ambrose feud, and Ambrose lost a lot. And Reigns, while being pushed harder, was more over a year ago.

One thing which is a little odd to me is how deeply they've had the on screen characters of Steph and Triple H get behind Rollins, who is not the sort of guy the WWE would traditionally get behind. He's not physically Randy Orton or John Cena or Batista or Austin or Rocky or Angle. He has that indy background. Not only have they gotten behind him but they've given a lot of in-story reasons for them to get behind him. It's sort of warranted. Yes, he's been presented as highly vulnerable but he's also had more of a hand in the big plans than, let's say, Corporate Rock. They more or less present him as the heir to the Cerebral Assassin title, which is no small thing in corporate WWE's mind, I'm sure.

this is true. I can't think of any other heel in recent memory that has been put over this strongly. Steph looks like she can't keep her hands off him and Hunter is the Denny LaChance to his Gordy LaChance (minus Denny dying in a jeep accident). That brief period where Hunter and Steph was goen he sure looked to be getting over pretty well as top heel now he's back behind them

Am I crazy for thinking the best thing they could do with Rollins right now - and by extension, Reigns and Ambrose - is to run an angle where it's revealed the Shield breakup was just a ruse to infiltrate the Authority, leading to them reuniting? I know it wouldn't make any sense given what's happened since the breakup, but you know what? Most of that stuff, including the breakup, didn't make any sense either. At least this would not make sense and lead to something cool that people would actually want to see.

One last thing that bothers me about the Rollins push: him being the "architect" of The Shield doesn't make any sense. Not just because Ambrose was the group's talker and singles guy, but because he had been kayfabe banned from FCW and NXT after the second Regal match. If someone's going to assemble a group to wreak havoc on the WWE roster and go to an "outsider" in Heyman for work, it'd be him.

I like The Miz because he seems like someone people genuinely want to hate. There's not a lot of that in pro-wrestling anymore. When Alex Riley turned on the Miz, Riley was super over as a babyface. When Sandow finally does the same, he'll be even bigger than that (and hopefully not squander the opportunity).

Should Miz have been in the title match main event of a Wrestlemania? No, probably not...but I remember dumping on WWE all the time for doing the same thing over and over. At least Miz was something different that they tried.

So now the rumor mill is suggesting that a Roman Reigns heel turn is in the works, in hopes that like The Rock, he gets over as a heel and is then able to become a mega babyface.

Whether or not this is true, who knows, but if Lesnar is leaving, and it is true......Reigns as Heyman's new beast could make for some fun times.

So now the rumor mill is suggesting that a Roman Reigns heel turn is in the works, in hopes that like The Rock, he gets over as a heel and is then able to become a mega babyface.

Whether or not this is true, who knows, but if Lesnar is leaving, and it is true......Reigns as Heyman's new beast could make for some fun times.

That's an infinitely better plan for him that I personally think will get over far better than beating Brock at Wrestlemania, even though guys tend to stall out when paired with Heyman.