Pro Wrestling Only

Current WWE

Smack2k

The New Age Outlaws on PPV in 2015. Against two clowns looking like fourth rate indy parodies of DemoWarriors, from 30 years ago. How exciting.

Anyway, another episode reminding everyone how stars of the past where so much bigger and better than stars of today. This company is so desperate.

About Daniel Bryan jobbing on his first day back on the job… I dunno. I don't think it's *that* bad honestly.

At this point there's absolutely nothing organic about the Roman Reigns push the the stars. He should work the "Chosen One" gimmick and turn heel.

The Klik reunion was probably the highligh of this show.

Mania looks as unexciting and uninteresting as it has looked in years right now. I have *zero* interest in Sting. Taker vs Wyatt, if it happens, will be horrible and ridiculous. I don't see how Bryan could get a storyline/match as good as last year's. Brock leaving makes his last match not intriguing at all. Hopefully Rusev will get something nice...

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watts would have slapped the little kid and then explained heat to him Patton style :P

Seriously that is a cool thing for Steph and Triple H to do.

https://twitter.com/chrisolds2009/status/557385734860972032/photo/1

awesome

My understanding from what I've seen online is the boy's father was the drummer during the match announcement skit and blew up because he thought his dad was really sacked.

Last night's Raw was the first Raw I've watched in months. I don't feel like I missed much at all. The Bryan/Wyatt match had a couple of nice moments and it's great to see Bryan back out there, I guess, but the rest of the show seems mired in the same creative slump that they've been in since the Shield breakup (or, really, since the first Raw after Wrestlemania). Nice to see that Shawn Michaels is still as obnoxious as ever, though.

The New Age Outlaws on PPV in 2015. Against two clowns looking like fourth rate indy parodies of DemoWarriors, from 30 years ago. How exciting.

Anyway, another episode reminding everyone how stars of the past where so much bigger and better than stars of today. This company is so desperate.

About Daniel Bryan jobbing on his first day back on the job… I dunno. I don't think it's *that* bad honestly.

At this point there's absolutely nothing organic about the Roman Reigns push the the stars. He should work the "Chosen One" gimmick and turn heel.

The Klik reunion was probably the highligh of this show.

Mania looks as unexciting and uninteresting as it has looked in years right now. I have *zero* interest in Sting. Taker vs Wyatt, if it happens, will be horrible and ridiculous. I don't see how Bryan could get a storyline/match as good as last year's. Brock leaving makes his last match not intriguing at all. Hopefully Rusev will get something nice...

• The Outlaws doing the job at the Rumble makes no sense. If they were to beat The Ascension, the fans would buy it. If they lose to The Ascension, the fans would expect it due to age and time out of the ring.
  • Speaking of which, any hopes of trying to make The Ascension seem serious were crushed during the nWo segment.
  • I'm not *too* bent out over Bryan doing the job as Bray needs some big wins for the Taker build-up but it's another one of those head scratching decisions where why job him out on his return match back to RAW.
  • The reaction Reigns got as a whole versus the Sting reaction should be evidence enough that the Reigns build-up has been completely bungled.
  • Show's
  • Yay. A Uso vs The Miz. Again.
  • Poor New Day and their shitty gimmick.
  • Poor Cesaro/Kidd/Rose. Three guys that continue to get overlooked it feels like.
  • Why do we have the IC title again?
  • Rusev crushes Truth in 43 seconds on is 43rd birthday.

Outside of the last 5 minutes of the show, nothing really got me hyped for the Rumble at all. Maybe it's because I'm jaded but after LU, ROH, NXT, and NJPW this weekend I think it's more of the options available to get my fix in along with the Network.

If you only saw the backstage Clique segment (which was funny, IMO) and the last 5-8 minutes of the show, you probably thought this show was awesome.

It was everything around those parts that was boring, unfunny or bland.

I don't care about Bryan losing. I do care about it being because of more THEDEMONKANE involvement. I wish that dude would just go away already. Take Big Show with him.

With the Brock Lesnar face turn (?), right now I want a Brock vs Rusev match at Mania, with a "beast vs beast" dynamic (and no jingoist bullshit).

If Brock loses the title on Sunday, they might just go with the face turn. At least that's the thought I'm getting.

Brock without the title going into Wrestlemania kinda doesn't really serve any purpose where the "rub" (somebody going over him.. FINALLY!) is concerned. I'd be happy to see Brock take on Rusev, provided Brock loses without getting pinned. An undefeated vs. undefeated match would be rather intriguing.

Baby Brock would make sense with everyone else that's on the cover of that Wrestlemania program. Giving the rub to Rusev at Mania on the way out would be lovely.

If WWE has Rusev go over Lesnar, and continue undefeated and booked strongly over other big names throughout 2015, before winning the WWE World Heavyweight title, I will physically stand up and applaud them.

On Austin's podcast today, DDP mentioned that Scott Hall wants to train for Kevin Dunn's position. I can't see them taking him in a million years, but it's interesting to think about since he is a HHH guy.

On one hand I could see him doing that since he's like Jake in the sense that when he's sober he has a good business mind. On the other, I could see working a never-ending gig like that being the thing that sets him back down the path again. Who knows, maybe he's one of those guys who needs to keep busy to avoid trouble, I'd like to see him get rewarded for the turnaround he's been able to pull off.

When Vince dies (which won't be for decades, given how invulnerable the man seems to be) and Hunter and Steph take over, I can't see Dunn lasting very long. I would speculate on a "JR retirement". Doubt Hall will succeed him though.

Adding to my last post about Rusev (and a way to quietly retire the US title). How about this?

Post-Rumble, RVD (on his way out again) somehow gets a US title shot against Rusev, Rusev destroys him and because RVD was the last recognised European Champion, Rusev claims he is now also the European Champion and brings back the belt. Rusev is now going around with both the US and Euro titles. At some point following Wrestlemania, Rusev also wins the IC title and declares that he's "unified the three titles representing all the world's continents (yeah, I know, butwho cares about the original intent of the IC title, let's just say it fills in the spaces outside of the US and Europe) into one and is now the true champion of the world and that the actual WWE World Heavyweight champion is illegitimate".

So Rusev is now officially the IC champion (Euro title never actually re-activated, and US title quietly retired), but continues to carry all three belts around, because he's playing the hole "I'm really the champion of the world" card. So he gets a shot at the WWE champion after making his case about being the "true world champion" and wins the belt. At this point you have a multi person match for the IC title where Rusev loses his belt without being pinned or submitted (great opportunity for a new guy like Zayn or Neville who will be on the main roster, surely, at this point). This is how you get the secondary title of Rusev, with that gone, Rusev discards the Euro and US belts and states that "it doesn't matter, I am still the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, and still undefeated". Then you have the big rub match where somebody finally defeats Rusev and wins the title.

I'm starting to think there will never be an official transition to HHH. It's just that we'll look up one day and realize he has his own crew, production team, announcers and talent roster who are loyal to him and wow, when did he start running WWE? NXT comes across as a shadow promotion sometimes.

I think people are overestimating and underestimate the change that's going to happen at the same time. I think people are highly overrating what will actually happen on-screen because unfortunately, with a 3 hour RAW, you're going to have lots of dead time, because it's filling three hours. It's not suddenly going to be the greatest combo of 2014 NXT, 1985 NWA, and 2000 WWF that some people (not people here) believe it's going to be.

OTOH, I actually do believe we're going to see a lot of people retire or move on very quickly after Triple H & Steph take control, and that frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see people like Cole, JBL, and the like gone as quickly as folks like various Vince Sr. soldiers were gone after Sr. died.

I think people are overestimating and underestimate the change that's going to happen at the same time. I think people are highly overrating what will actually happen on-screen because unfortunately, with a 3 hour RAW, you're going to have lots of dead time, because it's filling three hours. It's not suddenly going to be the greatest combo of 2014 NXT, 1985 NWA, and 2000 WWF that some people (not people here) believe it's going to be.

OTOH, I actually do believe we're going to see a lot of people retire or move on very quickly after Triple H & Steph take control, and that frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see people like Cole, JBL, and the like gone as quickly as folks like various Vince Sr. soldiers were gone after Sr. died.

I gave up on the 3 hour Raws a long time ago. If im going to watch a current Raw I will check out a edited form ie the 2hr show because there seems to be a lot of dribble and replaying stuff that isnt needed. At first I would have welcomed 3 hours but they arent giving extra matches its just more backstage stuff.

Its a shame really as back when WCW did their first 3 hour show I remember being royally entertained I got a extra hour and had wished Raw would have followed back then with a 3rd hour. How is it in 2015 WWE got it so wrong with 3 hours? It wouldnt be a big loss if Raw went back to a 2 hour show.

Retrospectively, the end of the Streak really looks like a complete nothing, if you except the live reaction (which was shock over a total anticlimatic finish after a shitty and boring match). Especially if Taker comes back this year for yet another probably terrible match against Bray (that would make quite a bunch of awful Mania Taker matches if we're realistic).

Retrospectively, the end of the Streak really looks like a complete nothing, if you except the live reaction (which was shock over a total anticlimatic finish after a shitty and boring match). Especially if Taker comes back this year for yet another probably terrible match against Bray (that would make quite a bunch of awful Mania Taker matches if we're realistic).

What a waste. If Taker wrestles again, what a waste. If Brock loses the title before Mania, what a waste.

2014 from the day after WrestleMania going forward was been wasted opportunity after wasted opportunity. The only person who could had booked this worse was Vince Russo.

At least we get good matches.

Bray vs Undertaker is a match where nobody wins. I have no clue why it's even being rumored other than "they're both dark characters."

If Taker wins, then Bray loses another high profile match when they should be building him for the future. I don't buy that whole "he gets a rub just being in there with Taker" nonsense.

If Bray wins, then he's the second guy to beat Taker at Mania, which seems ridiculous. And they've never position ed him as a guy at that level.

I agree with the three posts above mine. Taker vs. Bray would be a terrible creative decision and a bad match. Even when Bray was booked well, he was an overrated character with a definite ceiling. But now? It's even more of a lopsided mismatch, story-wise. Honestly, I don't see it happening. It sounds like internet fanboy bullshit and not anything credible or logical, but who knows. I could see Taker skipping this year's WM entirely.