Current WWE

Smack2k

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The outfits themselves are pretty awesome in their pro-wrestlingness, the hilarious part is the complete disconnect between them and HHH's actual character and the way he works in the ring.

Gotta love how the battle royal, which did nothing for Cesaro last year, has been thrown to the woodshed at the last moment this year after weeks of, hum, "build". Just get rid of it, nobody cares, battle royal suck most of the time and it helps no-one getting over anyway.

The two matches I fear the most now considering the time they could get are Taker vs Bray (ZZZZzzzzzzz….), and HHH vs Sting (which could end up like that awful HHH vs Taker cage match TV-drama wankery).

- According to PWInsider, Triple H’s Terminator: Genisys-themed entrance for his match at WrestleMania will go full-cyborg, so to speak. The site says that the entrance will receive the full Terminator treatment, including clips from the upcoming film, in order to play off of his friendship with WWE Hall of Fame inductee Arnold Schwarzenegger.

How cool it is to be the son-in-law ? I mean, seriously…

The idea that you don't have time for nine matches on a five hour show is ridiculous, even with two music performances (LL and Kid Ink) and Hunter's elaborate yellow brick road entrance in full Dorothy regalia.

A realistic ideal that balances company/fan priorities would be something like: Tag 4-way (12 mins), Battle Royal (12 mins), Ladder match (25 mins), Divas tag (10 mins), Taker-Bray (20 mins), Cena-Rusev (25 mins), Orton-Rollins (25 mins), HHH-Sting (25 mins), and Brock-Reigns (30-35 mins). That's 3 hours and 10 mins. Add another 35 mins of entrances and celebratory posing to that. You're still coming in at 3:45, and that's with pretty generous considerations. That gives you an extra 75 mins (or more!) for a stupid backstage promo, a cameo-filled backstage segment, two songs that no one wants, needless video packages, Hall of Fame wave-fest, and a post-main event angle. Am I missing something? How are they always so crunched for time on what should be their best produced show of the year?

The idea that you don't have time for nine matches on a five hour show is ridiculous, even with two music performances (LL and Kid Ink) and Hunter's elaborate yellow brick road entrance in full Dorothy regalia.

A realistic ideal that balances company/fan priorities would be something like: Tag 4-way (12 mins), Battle Royal (12 mins), Ladder match (25 mins), Divas tag (10 mins), Taker-Bray (20 mins), Cena-Rusev (25 mins), Orton-Rollins (25 mins), HHH-Sting (25 mins), and Brock-Reigns (30-35 mins). That's 3 hours and 10 mins. Add another 35 mins of entrances and celebratory posing to that. You're still coming in at 3:45, and that's with pretty generous considerations. That gives you an extra 75 mins (or more!) for a stupid backstage promo, a cameo-filled backstage segment, two songs that no one wants, needless video packages, Hall of Fame wave-fest, and a post-main event angle. Am I missing something? How are they always so crunched for time on what should be their best produced show of the year?

Especially since they have had 3 hour ppvs with 9 matches.

Anybody have any thoughts on what look Taker will be going with at Mania? Photos from this week would suggest he's going in with short hair (and not the bald look in recent years) and a goatee:

97d5473884842f847a6cd25d919d8c94.png

But more to the point, I have an odd feeling he won't be wrestling in traditional "Deadman" garb, rather he'll be closer to the "Big Evil" 2002 look, perhaps suggesting a more "human" dimension to Taker now that the streak is over? As long as he doesn't wrestle in one of those awful Boxing tees he likes to wear...

He destroyed Wyatt's rocking chair with a lighting, I'd be surprised if he didn't return as the Deadman.

"The writers have zero to do with Brock vs. Reigns. It is all Vince. HHH may have some influence, but he'd be the only one because Vince is not taking input from anyone except him, and it's possible he'll listen to Heyman. Also, whatever his idea is, he's not telling ANYONE (except maybe HHH or if Dwayne' s involved, and I don't know if he is or not) as of today."

Dave Meltzer on the F4W Boards.

Well, if people still believe Vince hasn't lost it this Sunday will be a major test to prove that point right or wrong.

I think HHH's wacky entrances lend to fans hating his pretentiousness. On the special on Mania 30 he himself basically points out how douchey the Warrior God outfit was.

Triple-H-Wrestlemania-30-Entrance.jpg

No way, that was f'n awesome

Maybe it's because I'm a huge Mortal Kombat mark, but that makes me think of this every time:

38107-1.jpg

I mean, he even uses a hammer for a weapon.

FWIW, still getting calls from people asking how they can add WWE Network to their cable package to watch Mania. Made me realize for all the "ITS NAHN NAHNTY NAHN, MAGGLE" they do, they never really explain what it is and how you get it. I guess that would cut in their time they set aside for mocking people who pay for PPV.

I think HHH's wacky entrances lend to fans hating his pretentiousness. On the special on Mania 30 he himself basically points out how douchey the Warrior God outfit was.

HHH's entrance last year was a brilliant self parody. Add in the obnoxious Stephanie in the ring with the spotlight on her while dressed like Baby Doll at Starrcade.

I love the idea of HHH being self-referential after he's done the damage to everyone in his path but I feel that it should have been shut down with Bryan beating him. I'm not expecting HHH/Sting to be good but now is not the time to drag up decades old promotional grudges. If you look at it, the next Intercontinental Champion has beat HHH, why should we care if Sting beats him? I'm looking forward to Mania in the sense that I'll wait for that guy from Reddit to post his spoilers and put a large accumulator based off it but I have no interest in any match outside of Rusev/Cena.