Pro Wrestling Only

Current WWE

Smack2k

Most WWE wrestlers are great on talk shows. Hunter is pretty fantastic on them. Big Show. Cena. Even Miz. Happens all the time. Look at how great Bryan is on Total Divas. He never gets to show that on WWE TV.

as for Bryan I think it's pretty obvious why he didn't get the main event this year. I'm sure Vince would be embarrassed having him do mainstream media. There is no way he wants someone that looks like him on the circuit. Look at the all the media Reigns is doing this year and Bryan was on nothing at all last year. I know they are in a major market this year but that can't be a coincidence. Oh well

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I mean its not like he's The Swedish Angel or something, he would fit right in on the vast majority of professional baseball teams where beards run rampant.

The reality is they decided to try to make a new star because they didn't know if Bryan was going to be able to come back at all. He did and they had nowhere to put him other than in this mush of a mid card match. The larger problem is that they don't protect the mid card worth a damn and there was no one ready to step up into a major role with Daniel. If they had someone ready to stand up, I doubt they would have so many problems right now.

Roman has tons of charisma when he isn't being hamstrung by the lustful eyes of Vince McMahon and his gaggle of writers.

There was also that panel discussion that Austin hosted months ago that Meltzer keeps talking about. Reigns and Austin started cutting promos on each other in jest, and everyone was blown away that this dude completely held his own when toe to toe with Austin on the mic. He's charismatic as hell. Problem is that his real life persona is far cooler/more confident than the uptight, insecure doofus he's been scripted as since the Rumble.

Bryan did tons of media last year.

Wasn't it mostly print and radio? I don't remember him doing the big talk show circuit at all. Espn?

Yes, but they weren't near ESPN studios in NOLA. He did appear in the NFLNetwork.

To me it's a big difference being on Fallon, Kimmel and Conan than doing radio row or local press. Bryan got some press but clearly not at the level of the guys they see as huge stars. Again maybe it's because of the difference in the mania markets but ESPN could do remote interviews also. And as Meltz mentioned the company never promoted his appearances with the Giants or Seahawks after their championships

Bryan did tons of media last year.

Wasn't it mostly print and radio? I don't remember him doing the big talk show circuit at all. Espn?

Yes, but they weren't near ESPN studios in NOLA. He did appear in the NFLNetwork.

To me it's a big difference being on Fallon, Kimmel and Conan than doing radio row or local press. Bryan got some press but clearly not at the level of the guys they see as huge stars. Again maybe it's because of the difference in the mania markets but ESPN could do remote interviews also. And as Meltz mentioned the company never promoted his appearances with the Giants or Seahawks after their championships

Agreed on WWE never promoting his mainstream exposure being a sign they don't see him as THE guy. But if it were as easy to get an ESPN interview they would've done it last year with other talent, they didn't. I don't see what happened at last year's Mania as a sign of their stance of Bryan at all.

It's pretty clear this ESPN deal is because of the market they are in or because they reached some sort of agreement. They didn't get this attention for Summerslam in past years either.

I can't reconcile the ideas that a.) Vince loves and seeks and values mainstream attention above all else and b.) the same Vince deliberately didn't want the star of his biggest show of the calendar year getting that attention. It's just a matter of geography and opportunity, in conjunction with whatever this ESPN relationship is.

The reality is they decided to try to make a new star because they didn't know if Bryan was going to be able to come back at all. He did and they had nowhere to put him other than in this mush of a mid card match. The larger problem is that they don't protect the mid card worth a damn and there was no one ready to step up into a major role with Daniel. If they had someone ready to stand up, I doubt they would have so many problems right now.

The reality is Daniel Bryan would have been squashed by Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam and Roman Reigns would have still been groomed for a top slot if he hadn't gotten hurt. The uncertainty about his future didn't help, but at the end of the day Vince doesn't see him as a big enough star to call an audible and change the card around. Even if the midcard was protected better, Bryan would still have been in the sixth most important match on the card. And the exact same thing will happen next year, even if Bryan stays completely healthy, because WWE views him at a tier below the stars of the past and doesn't have the long-term potential of the rising stars on the roster.

Announced on Smackdown that the battle royal will also take place on the pre show. Oh god they are going to give Sting/Hunter and Undertaker/Bray tons of time aren't they?

Or some sort of shenanigans with the possible Rollins cash in leading to a match.

I'm watching RAW on Hulu, and Snoop marking out for Hogan fucking ruled.

Edit: That Wyatt promo was fucking AWESOME.

I've said this on Twitter but there's a decent chance this will be Sting's longest high profile singles match in over two decades. Unless there's a match I'm forgetting, Sting hasn't had an 18 and a half minute singles match on pay-per-view since 1994. Even against bad or limited opponents (Nash, Steiner, etc), Hunter's matches tend to go that long.

Announced on Smackdown that the battle royal will also take place on the pre show. Oh god they are going to give Sting/Hunter and Undertaker/Bray tons of time aren't they?

I bet Rollins v. Orton and Rusev v. Cena will get time. Plus, entrances for Sting, Rusev, and Taker will take time

Either that or we are gonna get some loongs performances from the artists that will be there. Kid Rock all over again.

I've said this on Twitter but there's a decent chance this will be Sting's longest high profile singles match in over two decades. Unless there's a match I'm forgetting, Sting hasn't had an 18 and a half minute singles match on pay-per-view since 1994. Even against bad or limited opponents (Nash, Steiner, etc), Hunter's matches tend to go that long.

not PPV but he had a match on the 4/26/99 Nitro with DDP that went 19:45 according to CRZ's old site. That's the last long match I can remember him being in unless I'm forgetting something obvious

True, but he went 18 minutes with Angle at Bound for Glory 2007. 17 minutes the next year vs. Joe. I wouldn't expect the HHH match to be longer than that.

- According to PWInsider, Triple H’s Terminator: Genisys-themed entrance for his match at WrestleMania will go full-cyborg, so to speak. The site says that the entrance will receive the full Terminator treatment, including clips from the upcoming film, in order to play off of his friendship with WWE Hall of Fame inductee Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Sorry Andre the Giant battle royal participants!