Pro Wrestling Only

Current WWE

Smack2k

AJ unfollowed Punk on twitter and Punk was quoting John Cusack from High Fidelity about break ups Uh oh. If it means what it looks like it means you won't be able to wipe off the shit eating grin on WWE's face

edit: apparently bullshit. Disregard. Although Punk's tweets are kinda weird <_>

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just watched the Lesnar/Reigns segment. That reeked of Vince. I think Lesnar should have just destroyed Reigns the very second he had the title grabbed away from him. Instead he looks at him like a goof and then they both look equally ridiculous in that childish tug of war.

As for Lesnars signing, they (being WWE) are fucked either way. If he signs and beats Reigns, then Roman is dead as a main eventer. If Brock loses to Reigns, he doesn't stick around for rematches, as Roman can't afford to lose and Brock is no longer special if he loses again. If Rollins cashes in on Roman, and Roman chases Seth (as would make sense) then where does that leave Lesnar?

Brock won't be 'wasted' on matches with Ambose, or Ziggler, or Sheamus if he has limited dates. Any potential match with Daniel Bryan is not going to be as hot as it would have been right now, as WWE have successfully neutered Bryan into an IC level guy hanging with R-Truth and Stardust. So there aren't any viable 'super fight' matches available to him either, because booking. Maybe The Rock, maybe Batista, Orton at a push, maybe Rusev if he went face, but I'm fully expecting Rusev to be beaten by Cena at mania or Reigns before that match could potentially happen. And Brock vs Rock, Batista or orton isn't very exciting in 2015.

If he doesn't sign, then they have sacrificed the undertakers streak and the wwe title not being visible on their shows without making any significant progress, and again will most likely give vince the idea that nobody should be presented as a star as it gives them leverage.

I mentioned this on another forum I post at, but Lesnar is as much a victim of stop/start booking as anyone else on the roster. He's only kept his aura as he is barely around to prevent him from being presented as ordinary, and he has an excellent hype man in Heyman. With everyone else on the roster being made to look rather ordinary, nobody is credible enough anymore.

The only real incentive they have for signing him is to keep him away from a UFC or a bellator. And I'm sure Lesnar knows that.

I keep hearing that talking point, but doesn't how he's booked at Mania significantly play into his future value for the company? It might be in his interest to sign before in that case.

Not really, it's the same as a free agent in sports being able to bid his services to whatever team is willing to pay the most. He knows Bellator would easily overpay him to land a big name, UFC would also want him back, so it would be silly business wise for Brock to re sign with WWE before other MMA groups could legally make an offer.

Of course this is all moot if:

1. Brock really doesn't want to go back to fighting and is just using MMA for leverage.

2. WWE makes a ridiculous offer he can't refuse just so Vince doesn't have to risk the ego bruise of two ex WWE champions leaving for MMA.

In other fun news, apparently AJ and Nikki are going off script at each other frequently. Nikki did a promo on the Smackdown tapings tonight saying AJ's been around less than Brock Lesnar which you'd have to think would never be a WWE approved promo line. I get the impression the company views AJ as a giant mark after the whole tattoo thing, but she's just as untouchable as Nikki for obvious reasons so this could get fun.

Has it been pointed out that Dean Ambrose and Luke Harper have the same exact gear? White-turned-gray wifebeater and jeans is not a look that two people on the same roster should have. They need to have a "Loser Has To Get Real Gear" match on Raw sometime soon to get this sorted out.

Has it been pointed out that Dean Ambrose and Luke Harper have the same exact gear? White-turned-gray wifebeater and jeans is not a look that two people on the same roster should have. They need to have a "Loser Has To Get Real Gear" match on Raw sometime soon to get this sorted out.

Disagree. Jeans & tank combo is better than the trunks and t-shirt entrance (aka the 11-year old who just rolled out of bed) gear much of the roster has.

When was the last time Bray Wyatt even wrestled? I feel like he hasn't done anything in-ring on Raw since the Ambrose feud. Shouldn't he be killing guys left and right? Doesn't anybody booking this crap see a problem? You've got a guy whose biggest claim to fame is losing to John Cena and going 50/50 with washed up Chris Jericho going up against a guy who has been portrayed as an invincible legend for over 20 years. Shouldn't you be doing SOMETHING to at least create the illusion of a level playing field?

It's like they have the end game all planned but have no clue how to get there so they just jump from start to finish without doing any of the necessary steps in between.

It's like they have the end game all planned but have no clue how to get there so they just jump from start to finish without doing any of the necessary steps in between.

You could say the same about the Sting/HHH and Reigns/Lesnar matches too. The only feud that has been developed adequately for Mania, by my estimation, is Cena/Rusev and Miz/Mizdow.

I thought Sting was cutting a good promo before Steph came in and spat out the same stuff that we've been hearing forever.

It was so funny how Sting basically told us how stupid this whole WCW angle is and then Stephanie comes out and spends 2 or 3 minutes talking about WCW. :wacko:

Exactly. Those "promos" or should we say "talking segments" (Lance Storm made a good point the other day when he said pretty much no one is cutting "promos" anymore) are awfully written. And Stephys delivery is not good, that's sub turkish TV-drama acting. The fact that she didn't even show the least bit of fear is ridiculous. Not to mention her horrible timing when trying to slap Sting. The oddest thing about this whole program is that WWE looks like the heel promotion.

Fucking Snoop Dogg

"I love him ! He's so fake !". My girlfriend.

Curtis Axel's current gimmick is like his father doing the West Texas Rednecks. Yeah, he should get the big reaction on RAW after Mania. (alhough in hindsight, this week's segment looks like something they should have done at Mania)

Sorry Reigns, but Rusev vs Cena is the actual main event of Mania. They need to resign Brock, have him retain and turn face (which is effectively what will happen anyway) and build to Brock vs Rusev at SummerSlam. But bring back Lana, come on.

My god, Bray Wyatt… his promos are now about ten times more boring than his father's matches as IRS. Taker not even taking part in the angle *at all*, that shows as much effort they put in this crap.

Ok, so Scott Hall went in as Razor Ramon only, but Nash goes in as Nash. Makes sense.

So, we get Burger Kings commercials now ?

The Battle Royal, multi-team tag team match and ladder IC matches are clusterfucks and I have zero interest in them. Poor Bryan.

Heyman has single handedly interested me in watching this main event. Great promos after great promos. Well, of course, the main issue is that I still have zero interest in Reigns as a challenger, and he's cold as fuck. Way worst than Diesel was in 95 (which is ironic considering Nash is gonna close the HOF this year). That face-off was incrediby weak and they actually managed to make Lesnar kinda look like an idiot here. Well, no deal yet I guess.

Fuck, that build...

I ended up cancelling my WWE Network subscription today, exactly one year to the day after I picked it up to watch Wrestlemania 30. I specifically waited to cancel on the heels of Raw in hopes that it might send up some sort of red flag in their metrics, but I'm not holding my breath. Either way, I don't feel like it's hyperbole to say that this has been a historically bad Wrestlemania build.

When was the last time Bray Wyatt even wrestled? I feel like he hasn't done anything in-ring on Raw since the Ambrose feud. Shouldn't he be killing guys left and right? Doesn't anybody booking this crap see a problem? You've got a guy whose biggest claim to fame is losing to John Cena and going 50/50 with washed up Chris Jericho going up against a guy who has been portrayed as an invincible legend for over 20 years. Shouldn't you be doing SOMETHING to at least create the illusion of a level playing field?

He did have a mostly clean victory over Daniel Bryan (in Bryan's first match on Raw since the injury!) in the go-home Raw before the Rumble, so there's that.

I don't see how your one cancellation would remotely make a difference

Like I said, I'm not holding my breath. I'm not going to watch Wrestlemania anyway and they've killed my interest in the product so thoroughly that I haven't really been actively watching for almost half a year now, so the cancellation itself is probably long overdue. But, other than an email that probably require a miracle or some form of blood sacrifice to be read by an actual human being, cancelling is the most direct line of feedback to WWE that I've got, so I'm taking it whether it's ultimately futile or not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mick Foley will induct Nash not Shawn Michaels as previously reported.

Man that Nikki line is great. Maybe they are pissed at Lesnar for not re-signing. If it was an ad lib I doubt they keep that in. Hopefully so. Nikki Bella is a pretty damn good heel.

Not to mention her horrible timing when trying to slap Sting.

that was not good. Sting had to stand there like an idiot waiting to be slapped. She missed her cue badly there

What?! That seems random as hell. What am I missing? I don't remember there ever being a great friendship between them, either on or off-screen (Foley's books, etc.).

What?! That seems random as hell. What am I missing? I don't remember there ever being a great friendship between them, either on or off-screen (Foley's books, etc.).

Did they really have a match together in TNA?

Man, that ending to Raw was completely deflating. Like two guys on Black Friday fighting over a PS4 on sale.

Not according to South Park's "A Song of Fire and Ass"...

Very, very weak way to end the show overall. That did more damage to Brock than anything else in my mind...

Edited by sporadic

I thought in Foley's book he mentioned mentoring Nash a bit and even road with him from time to time.

One weird thing that I haven't seen discussed anywhere: at the end of the ladder dudes' schmozz, the ladder landed awkwardly on Harper's ankle and he immediately started looking like he'd been shot. Rolling to the outside, clutching where he'd been smashed, and being checked on by refs while he laid prone in pain on the floor. Either that hurt like hell, or Harper is secretly the best seller in the company.