Pro Wrestling Only

The Steve Austin Show

Guest Andrews

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So on today's podcast Austin revealed he's gonna go visit Taker to his ranch to record a podcast the next time Steve goes to the BSR. He said Taker was cool with it and unless he's too banged up after Mania, it's a done deal.

Also, on Monday, Austin said on twitter there's gonna be an episode with The Rock (who replied on twitter with a "can't wait!").

Didn't listen to the Lita interview but I almost lost it when Steve told the story of reading the script of the opening segment and finding it flat. So he went to Vince and asked him if he could sing "Jambalaya" by Steve Williams. Then Vince asked him about the lyrics and Steve sang the song to him, so Vinnie Mac calls the production truck asks Kevin Dunn if there was any problem in putting the lyrics on the titantron. Of course it couldn't be done so they went with the original script. Vince gonna keep working the boys until the last day of his life :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm only 20 minutes into the Heyman interview but it's fucking great.

Austin already held the title belt for best wrestling podcast, but this should solidify his top spot for a long, long time. He's asking some great questions, following up if it's appropriate, and shutting his mouth and letting Heyman go when he's on a roll.

It's interesting how many people you don't hear within wrestling saying, at least publicly, that Shawn was all about putting on The Shawn Show and making himself look good. Is it lost on them or do they just not say it out of respect? I think he's probably more talented in some ways than Flair in putting on a show, but he doesn't have the Flair rep of people coming out of programs with him looking better than they did going in almost every time.

It's interesting how many people you don't hear within wrestling saying, at least publicly, that Shawn was all about putting on The Shawn Show and making himself look good. Is it lost on them or do they just not say it out of respect? I think he's probably more talented in some ways than Flair in putting on a show, but he doesn't have the Flair rep of people coming out of programs with him looking better than they did going in almost every time.

Didn't Shawn lose that rep with his post-comeback stuff? Not saying that I disagree with you, but I thought the Shawn Show reference was mostly directed to his 90s bumping.

I'm only 20 minutes into the Heyman interview but it's fucking great.

Austin already held the title belt for best wrestling podcast, but this should solidify his top spot for a long, long time. He's asking some great questions, following up if it's appropriate, and shutting his mouth and letting Heyman go when he's on a roll.

Bolding the part I want to remark here. That's one of the key things that makes Austin so good at what he does. He realises that it's not about him, but about the guest. He's got his own solo shows to ramble about his projects, shit that happens to him on the road, etc.

Didn't Shawn lose that rep with his post-comeback stuff? Not saying that I disagree with you, but I thought the Shawn Show reference was mostly directed to his 90s bumping.

I don't know that he ever really had that rep to be honest, except maybe with niche of niche hardcore fans like us. It's how I've typically seen him as a worker. But even post-comeback, it's hard to think of anyone he made by working with them, aside from maybe Jericho in 2008.

I want to hear happy drunk Austin and Nash "booking the territory", swapping stories, and bullshitting.

I remember when Austin first mentioned that Nash was one of his best friends in wrestling back when his book came out, and lots of people online had head explosions like Scanners. It was like even the "smartest" of fans couldn't process the idea.

And while it may be true that Hot 97 was thinking about hiring him to be against Howard, he would have been killed dead. "I would have kicked Howard Stern's ass" is the biggest bullshit claim Heymans ever made. It's glorious in the world of Pro Wrestling Bullshit claims of greatness that no one, including Heyman, actually thinks is true. :)

I want to hear happy drunk Austin and Nash "booking the territory", swapping stories, and bullshitting.

I remember when Austin first mentioned that Nash was one of his best friends in wrestling back when his book came out, and lots of people online had head explosions like Scanners. It was like even the "smartest" of fans couldn't process the idea.

I love how Twitter blew up when he had a very cordigal and respectful interview with Cena and he had to tell everyone giving him shit about "kissing Cena's ass/knowing where his bread is buttered (despite not being under any current contractual obligation)" to go fuck off.

And Heyman is a MAJOR True Detective fan.

Heyman's impressions of old timers are really silly and funny.

I wonder what Austin's face looked like when Heyman started doing Austin impressions in front of him.

I listened to the Lita and Heyman shows and they were really good. I can't wait til tomorrow for Part 2 of Heyman. For right now, I'm gonna listen to the Michael Hayes one after work.

And Howard was arguably at his hottest in the mid 90s. No one was gonna beat him especially in New York.

This was very true but I wonder when did Paul make the deal with Hot 97. It was an interesting time frame because I remember Hot 97 had Wendy Williams (who eventually became a shock jock for WBLS) and they eventually hired Star & Bucwild as shock jocks. It would've been interesting with Paul coming to a hip hop station but he was playing Goodie Mob and LL Cool J back when he had ECW.