Pro Wrestling Only

The Steve Austin Show

Guest Andrews

As much as I love Austin's podcast I'll be skipping the Russo one. He was on MLW Radio recently, and the moment he started talking I turned the podcast off. He may be the first case of go away podcast heat.

I do not agree with anything Russo says, but I find him a fascinating listen. And I agree with Jim Ross in a lot of regards, but rarely enjoy listening to him on a podcast.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me Lance Storm is the worst person to listen to. He's on the Ross Report this week too. I hate the way he utters his sentences and talks down the new guys when he was definitely one of the worst mic guys of his era and his work looked so coreographed. I remember he discussed the Van Dam chair shots and played it off as him being safe.

I listened and it seemed like they were getting ready to get into the good stuff when it stopped for part 2. They pretty much covered Russo's beginning through the birth of Stone Cold.

Russo is OK and definitely willing to talk but just as he finds southerners obnoxious I find him to be overbearing at times.

Austin made this a decent interview and I think part 2 will be better than part 1.

But how many "BRO"s, bro?

Meh. Gonna give it a listen once it's complete. Not exactly hoping for a Bischoff like series, but realistically - it COULD turn into that. There's a lot of material with Russo, once ya tag on the WCW and TNA stuff. If they're only up to the Attitude Era with part one wrapping, then I could see it extending for a FEW more episodes.

Listened to the Tommy Rogers interview. Sad to hear how he's in such bad physical shape as he's still quite young (53).

Which is the tag team that was run out of Japan before The Fantastics were called in? (If that story is even true). Sounds like he was hinting that it was the Rock and Roll Express.

Tommy mentioned that in their second or third match the RNR's had an incident with a tag team roughing them up, they didn't stand up for themselves and left the tour right away. The second part may have been his memory failing (he seemed to be fairly honest), but that's how the Fantastics got the call. Fantastics had the same incident with the same team (I assume Footloose) but they stood up for themselves and had a long run out of that.

Maybe I misunderstood him - he's all over the place and it's not completely clear if the first story and the story about the Bulldogs are two different stories or not.

They are two different stories. The Bulldogs thing was an example of how Fulton screwed up. The Footloose thing was a Welcome to Japan story.

Finally got to the Tommy Rogers interview and I see what all the fuss was about. Comes across as a really good man, and sorry toi hear of his ailments.

One thing - he says the Fantastics had a ten year run in Japan. Did they? I think they started there in 88 or 89, were they there at tail end of 90s?

Listened to Russo. The story about Austin refusing to work with someone and then throwing a fit when he felt he was being cornered into it - Was it Jarrett or Billy Gunn?

Also, Austin argued he wasn't paranoid, but 'extremely cautious/selective' about who he worked with - it's a slippery slope I think. Then again, Vince seems to love playing mind games with people and I can understand lashing out when you've got the clout to do so....