Pro Wrestling Only

The Steve Austin Show

Guest Andrews

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On an episode of Legends Of Wrestling that aired on the network, Michael Hayes and DDP were both on the panel. Hayes said when people in the WWF found out those two were going to be working together, the joke was that they'd spend so much time planning out everything that the match would never make it to the ring.

On an episode of Legends Of Wrestling that aired on the network, Michael Hayes and DDP were both on the panel. Hayes said when people in the WWF found out those two were going to be working together, the joke was that they'd spend so much time planning out everything that the match would never make it to the ring.

I seem to remember Flair saying in his shoot that he gave up his fight to call it on the fly and worked with Savage to plan it out.

An Era is not something a company can just declare to be over. I think it is more organic that. Well given how this WWE operate maybe they can have a more top-down approach to things. Regardless, the WWE can have a vision, but I think most of the Era are developed in combination bottom up and top down. That's why it is blurry when and where the Attitude Era ended and begun. It is no different than trying to understand different periods in heavy metal. Even though we are not in the Attitude Era, there are still plenty of holdovers from the Attitude Era: the scratch logo (which needs to go), the 20 minute promo to open up the show, wrestlers with full names and no real color. I liked the chaos and edginess of the Attitude Era, but it took away from some of the outrageous and ridiculousness that wrestling used to have. I feel like we still have not regained all the color we had back in the old days. That said this could just be the fact I am totally enamored with the 80s and no one really wants to have "color" back. Point is I don't understand why the Attitude Era being a term bugs you. Any era can be debated to death on when it started and ended and what is its scope. An Era is defined by the content and half the fun is the debate over the end and the beginning. I am at work and this post seems scatter-brained to me. So I apologize in advance.

I'm not sure if I find it annoying that the phrase "Attitude Era" has become such a standard part of the vernacular, but I think I do. It's not like WWE ever declared it to be over, nor is there an official company line on when exactly it ended.

I hate it and go out of my way to not use it as much as possible.

This guy calling in complaining that there's not enough Attitude Era content on the network is a moron. I really hate that this is what the average person thinks a wrestling fan sounds like.

Especially when there is no basis to what he was talking about (lack of Austin in the On Demand library).

I think there was something wonky going on with the Search Engines at first, maybe THAT's what he was complaining about, as a fan of The Rock was bitching on Facebook about only 4 things popping up when he searched for "The Rock."

But lets look at what they had rolled out on Day One:

EVERY SINGLE FREAKING PPV appearance by Stunning Steve Austin, Steve Austin on an ECW PPV, The Ringmaster, and of course Stone Cold Steve Austin.

There was the Zamboini episode of Raw, and the 1/19/1998 episode with Austin confronting Tyson at the end.

And last Saturday the documentary part of his latest DVD set was uploaded onto the Beyond The Ring section of the library.

Sure I'd love to have the Raw library from 1996-2005 (or whenever he finally parted ways as a full-time onscreen character), but I'd think that's enough to satisfy anyone for their Steve Austin needs!

I think that's where being a hardcore fan makes the network a little more advantageous. I immediately know that Austin faced Rock at three Wrestlemanias, which ones and which years they happened in. I'm not just lost because I have a vague memory of The Rock fighting Stone Cold, but not remembering when it happened. So I empathize with casual subscribers in that regard.

I think that's where being a hardcore fan makes the network a little more advantageous. I immediately know that Austin faced Rock at three Wrestlemanias, which ones and which years they happened in. I'm not just lost because I have a vague memory of The Rock fighting Stone Cold, but not remembering when it happened. So I empathize with casual subscribers in that regard.

True, but to be fair, we live in an age where you can do a Google search for "The Rock vs. Stone Cold Wrestlemania" and easily find a site that will tell you every single time they faced each other, my site of choice over the years is ProWrestlingHistory.com, or it will point you to Graham's HistoryofTheWWE.com, or Wiki pages. Either way, if you want to know it, it is a Google search away.

Then, after you found it, just go to the Network and find what you were looking for.

I could be wrong, but the person sounded like one of those Twitter types that is bitching about everything. Like the network is a ripoff because every ppv isn't enough, they need to upload every tv show and every house show. EVER. Even if there were no cameras present.

I could be wrong, but the person sounded like one of those Twitter types that is bitching about everything. Like the network is a ripoff because every ppv isn't enough, they need to upload every tv show and every house show. EVER. Even if there were no cameras present.

The guy was saying there was like only a handful of stuff they could find on Steve Austin. I also saw a FB friend of mine who is a big Rock mark complain that his search for The Rock only came up with 4 things. Something may have been wonky with the search engine at first.

Granted, I don't know if they were expecting something like a YouTube video that splices together 20 minutes of promos/skits or 20 minutes of a finisher being put on or something, but my FB friend said that all he could find was just 4 clips for "The Rock" at first.

Yeah that Hennig story is hilarious. And Show's impersonations have always been fucking great. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why they had him do those comedy impersonation bits back in the day when they weren't using him as a top guy because of various reasons.

I enjoyed Show explaining why he wasn't really ready when he got to WWF and how he learned.

Those Regal's episodes are great. Regal's got such a soft spoken voice and delivery, it's an oral pleasure to just listen to him talk. And I got a big kick out of him and Austin singing the first few verses of El Paso. Regal talking about his musical tastes over the years, from the british metal bands like Saxon to the ska revival, Northern Soul and going through the early rave period was pretty damn cool.