Pro Wrestling Only

The Steve Austin Show

Guest Andrews

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Sputnik Monroe detail on Cornette part 1 is great.

Agreed, and I actually tweeted Cornette about this as I didn't realise Sputnik was more engrained into the Memphis culture than Fargo.

Here is Jim's response:

@allanblackstock @JerryLawler Jackie Fargo definitely one of 4 faces on Memphis' Mount Rushmore with Lance Russell, Sputnik and Lawler

I think name value, it goes, Lawler, Monroe, Fargo and Russell in that order.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So Austin just recorded this week's Unleashed episode. He's gonna be talking about the Rumble, Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. He also answered questions and took live calls. Even Meltzer had an appearance to talk about the current product.

Can't wait :)

Has some great potential.

The first caller on Austin's latest Unleashed show was the perfect combination of everything annoying about the internet wrestling community.

Dude was super grating for sure. When he kept saying "We" like he was some official representative of people talk about wrestling online. Ugh.

I was surprised at the amount of time Austin gave the callers.

The first caller on Austin's latest Unleashed show was the perfect combination of everything annoying about the internet wrestling community.

Dude was super grating for sure. When he kept saying "We" like he was some official representative of people talk about wrestling online. Ugh.

I was surprised at the amount of time Austin gave the callers.

Guy is trying to be a professional radio guy. What (not meant in the chant way), did you expect Austin to go into Stone Cold mode on the callers?

Using the term "IWC" is more annoying to me than just about anything else anyone can say about wrestling. Saying it out loud seems even worse.

Notice that wrestling is the only place where the internet based fanbase is referred to it in that manner?

Seriously, its usually sectioned off as either "blogsphere" or "Twitter-verse" or "social media" or "news boards" but its not like "reading comments from the internet baseball fan community" or "internet Red Sox fan community" or whatever.

And the IWC seems to blanket EVERYTHING! Oh sure that was fine when it was just the Usnet forums and the proto-blogs that were the reviewers and recappers, but now its boards, Twitter, Reddit, podcasts, blogs, reviewers, recappers, "journalists" (in quotes since, how many get paid beyond those working under umbrellas such as ESPN, Bleacher Report, or institutions that carried over like Dave & Wade, etc), etc.

And the IWC seems to blanket EVERYTHING! Oh sure that was fine when it was just the Usnet forums and the proto-blogs that were the reviewers and recappers, but now its boards, Twitter, Reddit, podcasts, blogs, reviewers, recappers, "journalists" (in quotes since, how many get paid beyond those working under umbrellas such as ESPN, Bleacher Report, or institutions that carried over like Dave & Wade, etc), etc.

It is often used to make lazy/inaccurate generalisations. Like "the IWC hates John Cena."