Pro Wrestling Only

The Steve Austin Show

Guest Andrews

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing is - the caller tried to put on his best respectful reporter voice to word the question, without coming across as a prick. But come on.

And yeah. Basically, the caller just asked Steve to address the domestic dispute disturbances from his past. Caller claimed it was the only blemish and "disappointing" fact he found about Austin, as if Stone Cold should care I guess.

Wade promptly puts the caller on hold. Steve's response is quick and merciless.

"This really... This really... This really IDN'T THE PLACE to talk about stuff like that. Go on ahead and go to the next question."

And that was it. Caller proceeded to ask his next couple of questions, aimed more at Steve's career and a little less at the personal side.

You know what, I'm going to side with the caller on this one. Austin has made himself a public figure, and he has stated numerous times that he took some substances back in the day and worked a hard schedule. He's said this while refusing to comment about his domestic abuse incident and at the same time maintaining that the substances he took never affected him. Others have said differently, and I think it's an issue Austin should address. If he's willing to ask his guests tough questions about their pasts then he should be willing to answer tough questions about his past. Of course, it's his right to refuse to answer, but it is something I'd like to hear him answer.

I also don't like how a lot of people seem to want to sweep this under the rug. I get that everyone loves Austin, I happen to like him and his podcast as well. But, domestic abuse is a serious issue, and Austin shouldn't get a free pass for the abuse he inflicted.

I also don't like how a lot of people seem to want to sweep this under the rug. I get that everyone loves Austin, I happen to like him and his podcast as well. But, domestic abuse is a serious issue, and Austin shouldn't get a free pass for the abuse he inflicted.

Agreed. I love Austin, but he doesn't get a free pass from me on this matter. And he should be able to adress it.

It's interesting to hear Eric Bischoff talk about how he learned how to announce from Verne Gagne not letting him know things ahead of time and thus forcing him to react to what he was seeing, which Bischoff feels made him sound less fake. For some reason I never pieced together Bischoff's time as an announcer with his philosophy of keeping WCW's announcers in the dark.

I wasn't enthralled by the whole Bischoff interview. Although hearing him share a beer with Austin makes the 90's scene seem like an eternity ago.

Especially considering Bischoff's on screen character. Remember him trying to order an expensive martini at that Texas dive during a skit where he was searching for Austn. Then being disgusted at settling for a cheep beer.

I am enjoying the back and forth between Austin and Bischoff even though there are some points Biachoff is clearly full of shit. This is the power of Austin. Much like the Flair episode, you don't care if he calls a guy on his bullshit, you just enjoy the way he interacts with people.

Two points where I don't believe Bischoff.

He claims he knew he couldn't compete with Vince product-wise but every WCW wrestler who was ever interviewed has a story of Bischoff being obsessed its WWF and Vince. Bischoff doesn't own up to it on the show.

He also says that creative control from Hogan wasn't a big deal. Scott Norton had a story in his shoot about Bischoff showing him a show script and how none of it was going to happen because everything got nuked by creative control clauses.

He also says that creative control from Hogan wasn't a big deal. Scott Norton had a story in his shoot about Bischoff showing him a show script and how none of it was going to happen because everything got nuked by creative control clauses.

Kevin Sullivan's 1995 Guest Booker had Sullivan saying that essentially The Dungeon of Doom was essentially Kevin's way of getting Hulk to have confidence in Kevin so that Kevin could what he wanted to do with Hulk without Hulk using his veto power.

I actually think part of his settlement with Debra is that neither one's *allowed* to address it.

Yes, Austin mentioned that in his book, that he'd like to speak on it but legally can't.

Also from time to time Austin has said he's done some bad things in his life. Unless there is some shit pre-wrestling that no one knows about, I'd be sure that is what he is referring to.

Listened to the Q and A with Bischoff today. I thought it was hilarious when the both smirked about Foley's continuing annoyance over Schiavone's comments on the 4th Jan '99 Nitro.

To be fair to Foley, I think he's mellowed a lot over the years and isn't as inclined to hold grudges as he once was. Still, the glee in Austin's voice discussing it was funny.

Real curious to see how much he works and just how much he'll actually shoot.

I'm usually the optimist, but I'm purposely going into this one with lowered expectations. I'll be surprised if we get much more than what we got on his last documentary, aside from whatever specific questions Austin fires at him. Hopefully he throws out some good ones.

It'd be kind of unfair to ask him about 2014, especially when we read things about Vince rewriting his stuff and the tension between the two of them.

Besides, I'd rather hear him talk about the 1998-2004 or so period, anyway. There's nothing that can result from that that would be adverse to the current product, and it'd cover the time when Austin was actually there, so his takes to what Hunter has to say would have a lot more juice behind them.

Meh. I don't have high hopes or unrealistic expectations for it. It's only understandable that Hunter won't be able to comment TOO MUCH on the backstage happenings that are still unfolding today.

If it comes down to it, I'd actually settle for hearing him talk up more on the developmental process, the system in place for developing each character, etc. It's something they've touched base on here & there, but an actual sit-down conversation could bring up some interesting discussion.

Oh. And yeah. Of course it'd be cool if they actually hashed out a little bit of their history together. SummerSlam '99 would make for an interesting topic. We heard him at least address the elephant of WM14 with Shawn, so it's possible.

I'm more interested in present day stuff, but talk of the past would still be interesting. I'd love to hear him go deep into NXT and the developmental side, specifically whether guys only have one shot or if they are of the mindset that sometimes the timing isn't right and maybe a guy/girl will do better when brought back into the system at a later date. I'd love to hear him respond to John Cena's assertion that if guys can't make it in the developmental system they have no then they don't belong in the WWE period. Talk about the changes to the present system, what the training consists of, that sort of stuff.