Pro Wrestling Only

The Steve Austin Show

Guest Andrews

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to hear happy drunk Austin and Nash "booking the territory", swapping stories, and bullshitting.

I remember when Austin first mentioned that Nash was one of his best friends in wrestling back when his book came out, and lots of people online had head explosions like Scanners. It was like even the "smartest" of fans couldn't process the idea.

This times a thousand! I fully endorse that type of fantasy booking.

To add to the million other show ideas listening to the Austin podcast (Austin's driving school, Austin and nash drinking wine booking territories, etc), I would also enjoy a show involving Austin drunk playing shooting games. I would think that Austin playing Deer Hunter would be insane

And did I actually hear that Eric Bischoff is now a brew master. Seems like quite the career switch

Very interesting explanation on Heyman's end of ECW folding in part 2. Although - while I understand the squeeze with distribution, I am befuddled that there was an offer for them to do an afternoon show. ECW trying to do an afternoon show sounds patently absurd. Heyman claims that the issue with doing the 5 day a week, 30 minute afternoon show was the cost; I'd argue there was no way that was going to go any better than TNN did for them. They needed a network that would give them a late primetime (10pm? Heck, 11pm...) and promote the company's ethos.

Also interesting to think about all the many random promotions that did end up on PPV in the year following ECW and WCW folding; if he's honest that In Demand paying them could have kept them in business a while longer, In Demand is probably better off (ECW PPVs > random PPVs) and ECW ends up in a much stronger position after WCW folds.

Also: "I had some very big years in the stock market, I never took a dime from my own company."

Austin's "Demise of the Rake" promo at the beginning of Heyman Pt. 2 is his best promo on this show and I think would rank in top 5 Austin promos of all time. My brother and I were laughing so hard. The "PED-Addled Rats" went a little long, but it was also pretty amusing. Forget Colbert, Austin should replace Letterman!

I've been listening to a lot of old eps lately, and I really dig the show. However, am I the only one who doesn't find the "stories of the road" funny? Sometimes they are, when the guys Austin's interviewing are recollecting innocent ribs or mishaps and such. But, listening to Kevin Nash talk about driving drunk as if it's a funny story is hard to stomach, and really speaks to some sort of arrested adolescence that pro wrestlers seem to have and I can't relate to or condone.

Austin saying guys should not do backdrops on rats since it wouldn't hurt them, they wouldn't sell it and it would expose the business cracked me up big time. Austin can be downright hilarious.

That entire stream of consciousness rambling killed me. So good.

I have the episode with Keller downloaded, but I haven't taken the time to listen just yet. Enjoyed their conversation together on Austin's own show awhile back though. And since the new one took place around Mania, I figure it'll contain at least a little bit o' decent discussion.

The Debra thing just makes it MUST listen now. =D