Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would the 80's Worldwide episodes be a good addition to the network? Or does the network already having the 80's World Championship Wrestling show from that period make Worldwide redundant?

Worldwide tended to have more competitive matches and more angle advancement. It would definitely be a great addition to the existing content.

Would the 80's Worldwide episodes be a good addition to the network? Or does the network already having the 80's World Championship Wrestling show from that period make Worldwide redundant?

Oh they would be awesome. I know 85 is pretty easy to get online, I think 86 may have some gaps they could fil, not sure on 87.

With all the Mid-Atlantic, Dallas, and Mid-South they've put up, I think we should all be cheering for good financial numbers for the company to see what else they might do.

Does Thunder really warrant being "long awaited"? I don't recall too many stand out moments from the first year or so I watched in real time

The first 6 months it did yes.

Wish they would hurry up with it as it should of been on there by now considering Raw and Smackdown are.

Its probably more to satisfy the AE completists out there.

Granted there is still Saturday Night (especially the last year or so where Jimmy Hart essentially made it like a separate promotion from Nitro/Thunder/PPVs!), Heat, Shotgun Saturday Night, etc still untapped on the Network, but WCWs intended B-Show to battle Smackdown still has significance to the main storylines of WCW towards the end.

Used to love that show on DSF before Hogan came in as they had quite alot of good matches.

Is there a good reason the Coliseum Home Videos aren't even discussed as going up?

Don't quote me on this but I swore I saw something earlier in the thread about how the masters aren't transferable to the technology which makes it possible to upload them.

...how? They put a bunch on Classics on Demand, regardless.

Worldwide tended to have more competitive matches and more angle advancement. It would definitely be a great addition to the existing content.

It was really kind of a separate universe in a lot of ways to World Championship Wrestling. You had guys that would appear on one show and not the other. The angles were usually the same though. But they are not super redundant and add a lot of good context to some feuds like Valiant/Jones.

What makes '80s Worldwide and Pro for me are the absolutely insane crowds. Even something like Black Bart vs. Sam Houston may as well be Armageddon.

I totally agree. Nothing beats an arena audience. The atmosphere of Worldwide and Pro were great. I grew up on studio shows. Nowadays I have a hard time watching mostly squashes in front of that small studio crowd. Only the interviews are worth watching.

Not sure if WCW themselves taped the match where Vader regained the title in Dublin. As I always heard it, the full copy of that match that tape traders had came from Doc Dean being at ringside to get B-roll footage, particularly of Regal, for the Robbie Brookside video diaries and having the sense/luck to record the main event.

Not sure if WCW themselves taped the match where Vader regained the title in Dublin. As I always heard it, the full copy of that match that tape traders had came from Doc Dean being at ringside to get B-roll footage, particularly of Regal, for the Robbie Brookside video diaries and having the sense/luck to record the main event.

Did Regal wrestle on that show? I remember Cactus/Rude and Windham/Rhodes battled and a few others.