Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing we should discuss is if someone drops out there should be an option to switch promotions. For example there is a few promotions that should not die now, like WWF, Mid-Atl, etc..

If someone like that drops out, I think someone in a lesser promotion should be able to bail on theres and move over.

So Boricua's perfect WWC roster is going to get a boost? Sweet. I imagine that random draw is going to be closely watched given Florida's roster. I tend to agree with Grimmas on the sideways moves also. I don't know if Florida is one of those, but it would be fine for somebody from a smaller territory to move in if you ask me.

One thing we should discuss is if someone drops out there should be an option to switch promotions. For example there is a few promotions that should not die now, like WWF, Mid-Atl, etc..

If someone like that drops out, I think someone in a lesser promotion should be able to bail on theres and move over.

I'm game for allowing this, but you or someone else can come up with guidelines.

That's cool, but he hasn't posted anything for 3 weeks, any show for over a month.

If he wants to stay in, awesome.

But it doesn't seem like it. Time is up. We've been discussing it for the past week, not a knee jerk decision.

There are people who are more behind than he is. It hasn't even been a full month since he made his last post in this folder.

Other than Wahoo's Leg, who hasn't posted longer than Rocket?

Wahoo did respond to PM's and said he's still in.

It's not that hard to at least check in. I don't want to lose RocketCrypt, he's a good writer and the more the merrier. Hopefully he shows up before the draft completes.

But 3 weeks since last post, 5 since last show and no check-in sounds like interest level is too low to continue.

But I'm not in charge of this. This isn't an in-game NWA Board matter. If enough of you think I jumped the gun, let me know. Otherwise, let's get on with it.

So do we give people a little more time to get their stuff going again? I'm not sure how we want to set the protocol on this because both of the other people who have left have done so voluntarily. The way we handle this is going to determine how it works going forward, so we better be sure it's how we want to do this every time before this is finished.

I'm not so desperate for new talent that I feel the need to rush someone out of the game who might still be on vacation. If he goes a full month without making a post in this forum then that's fine.

Yes, Boricua made more posts recently but he's not even in the second week of July yet (not picking on him) so like I said, RocketCrypt isn't further behind than others. And he also said he already had most of an episode done but he didn't post it which leads me to believe he's still not back at his regular computer yet.

We didn't rush dedhemingway out of the game despite him getting way behind. If RocketCrypt wanted out I think he would have said so.

Yeah, I'm guessing there are several of us who are written far enough ahead that we don't need the shot in the arm. I won't have room for anyone new until at least mid-November. I understand the feeling that all those workers are just sitting there, but we can't just kick people out because we like their roster.

Yeah that's not a big reason, just throwing it out there.

WWC is in early July, but Boricua is constantly around.

I'm not for kicking anyone out really, but no one else thinks 5 weeks without a show and 3 without any checking in is kinda indicative of a loss of interest?

The last post we had from RocketCrypt said he had a longer than expected vacation. That could mean a lot of things, some of them not good. It could mean he had a family emergency or any number of things that you would feel really shitty about if he came back and told you about it and you had to say "uh well sorry we closed your promotion down and dispersed your roster"

Giant eye roll from me. I would hope someone would try and keep my roster from being dispersed if I went less than a month without giving an update. It wouldn't be an argument if people weren't so interested in trying to force him out. What's 10 more days?

I have just gone back to work so I know how it goes to be inactive in a folder. I know I have some unfinished Smeltzer stories and I need to post the current tour results. so far, before taking a person out, they have given a response. No rush in getting rid of Florida anytime soon.

Also, I think if a territory is taken over, the guy who gets the new territory gets to decide which name he wants. For example, when All Star took over Portland, he could call the show Portland Wrestling and it would be fine.

Agreed Will, but maybe there should be some sort of time limit to respond.

I'm fine with giving Rocket another week to make it a full month. Sent him another PM as well.

Over a month since a show was posted, almost a month since he last appeared here.

I don't want to force anyone out, at all. I want him to come back, even if it's quick sparse updates.

Guys, calm down. I feel weird about this since I'm supposed to be the one in line to take over Florida, but I'm chronologically even more behind than Florida. That just feels 'off' to me.

Let's give Rocket Crypt a few more days to respond.

In the meantime, I'm going to be posting a batch of cards and shows this weekend to start catching up. If it ends up with Florida up for grabs (and I hope RocketCrypt does continue, I've liked what he's done so far), it seems 'wrong' to me to have someone more behind in posting shows take it over.

I feel like I started this more than a little, so I just want to clarify what I was trying to say.

I think that after the draft and first week a lot of folks slowed down on this whole deal. Some had other stuff they needed to put time into I'm sure, while others have simply burnt out on the fantasy booking. I feel like we should be very careful about removing territories without the person running them saying they are done. You've all read my shows and how long they get. I am written a month and a half in advance just writing on weekends. I wrote three weeks of TV last weekend while knocking out season 1 of Breaking Bad. If somebody like Rocket, Boricua or Wahoo's really wanted to catch up it wouldn't take very long at all. So I think we should have patience with anyone who hasn't been posting for a while.

I also think that those of us who are here more often than others can help by reading through what other people write and letting them know what we think. It's a small thing, but knowing what works for your audience (and that your audience cares enough to reply at all) can be a big help. I've been trying to be better about that lately after having a bit of a lull myself.

Those are some fun looking cards, but do they feature unlisted jobber matches or does the WWF put on 2 1 hour shows with different guys on back to back nights? Or is this the same show each night, but you've split the results into 2 halves for the sake of being exciting?

No, they are separate shows with split crews.

They run about an hour and a half. Imagine a concession break, cappetta running down up coming cards, etc. Actual in ring time takes up maybe half of that. Are they getting short changed? Maybe. I'm considering changing up the house show schedule next month.