Pro Wrestling Only

Undertaker and Sting to work Summerslam

Strummer

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meltzer wouldn't refer to Bo that way IMO.

Baron Corbin does nothing for me, but he'd be intriguing as a Wyatt Family member.

The Kane/Big Show guess could very well be right on the money.

Here's another ridiculous theory: The Miz. Big Show knocking him out scrambled his brains and made him susceptible to Wyatt's "charms." :D

Sami Callihan is a kind of just a crazed, reckless redneck. So I don't think he'd be all that bad a fit. If nothing else, he'd bring variety by being a smaller guy. And he can work like a little wrecking ball. He's not much of a talker, to be sure - but at least he SOUNDS like a hillbilly. And so I don't think it'd be a stretch for him to fit the part. Out of all the suggestions, I think he'd be one of the better options actually.

Bo could work, but I think it'd same some serious effort. He's got a creepy grin and everything, but I don't know. There's a risk of ruining a bit of the Wyatt Family image by just lazily plopping this inspirational, overly positive speaker into this ranks. Again, it COULD work. I just don't know that I'd place much faith in them to pull it off and put a concentrated effort into it.

Corbin? Meh. I guess he could work as a temporary stand-in or band-aid for Rowan. But then again, so would either of the Ascension guys. I mean, if you're just looking for a warm body to fill the role of "random big bad guy #2" to stand out there next to Harper and look menacing.

But, at the end of the day, I think a lot of people will just wish & wait for Rowan to get back in that case anyway.

Callahan can be their Spike Dudley

That's the exact joke I made on the latest This Week In Wrestling podcast.
It scares me how our senses of humor match up sometimes.

Then there was the time Parv commented how Johnny logic isn't that far off from the connective narratives I overlay onto matches sometimes.

Truly terrifying stuff.

Bull Dempsey fits the out-of-shape, bearded brawler aesthetic for the Wyatts. It's also the only way I can ever imagine them calling him up, plus I can imagine people being disappointed by the choice.

I mean, it almost certainly wont be him, but I'd really like to see it.

Regarding the 3rd Wyatt member, Kane seems like far and away the most obvious choice based on the comments made. It makes sense on so many levels given what we know about WWE and Vince's booking.

• Kane was just written off with a worked injury and so it totally fits their MO to just totally ignore that and bring him back right away
  • Vince obviously still loves the Kane character and I could see him being totally in love with the idea of The Devil's Favorite Demon joining the Wyatts
  • I think they see Kane as being much closer to Undertaker in terms of value than actual fans do, so they probably see Kane opposite Sting as some kind of appetizer to a possible Taker/Sting match.
  • Kane fills a similar 7+ foot enforcer role as Rowan did in the group
  • Kane sucks big-time so he'd definitely fit the hint that it would be a disappointing choice.

Even though there is a clear distinction between what fans on a board like this thing about wrestling and what vince wants to do with a group, I don't thinkt he WWE should (or will) stick to the big giant redneck aesthetic. The Wyatt Family gimmick is based on redneck horror stereotypes/genres. There are a bunch of different manifestations of that and I see them adding something new/different to the mix. Adding giants will only get them so far and will quickly creat more dead ends than openings. They should add a smaller guy who can pull off crazy really well.

There are plenty of underwhealming choices that fit that desription too.

When the idea of a new Wyatt Family member came up I was looking at the NXT roster and the lesser used talent on the main roster.......and Baron Corbin was one of the few guys I thought of as an option. Not that that would be good, it wouldn't, but I could see them doing it.

Does Necro Butcher still wrestle? I haven't really seen or heard anything of note about him in years, and he probably wouldn't get medically cleared......but he'd be a fit.

I'd actually prefer they bring in someone from the outside, think outside of the box, and it doesn't need to be a permanent member of the clan, just rotate some people for short bits until Rowan is back. I'm thinking the way ECW brought random people into Raven's Nest, or like Terry Gordy coming in as The Executioner just to job to Taker and further the stuff with Paul Bearer and Mankind. They could even do it with random guys from the main roster and have Bray and Harper murder them when they fail in the endeavor

Does Necro Butcher still wrestle? I haven't really seen or heard anything of note about him in years, and he probably wouldn't get medically cleared......but he'd be a fit.

Be still my beating heart... Necro on WWE TV would blow my mind and make the deepest darkest parts of my dork self happy. Also, it would fullfill the Age of The Fall takeover, every member of the group finally employed by the WWE. They should at least hire necro for the ring crew or something.

Was just about to post the Rose thing. I wouldn't find it underwhelming either, but Leo Kruger was a failure of a gimmick for a reason. I think Rose is nuts to go back to it. It didn't work in front of 50 fans in FCW, so why would it work now?

I'd love Swagger too, just for the novelty of it.

If they really do book a 3 vs. 3 vs. 3 woman's match at Summerslam and as a main event, I may cancel the Network. I already barely watch it.

And it has nothing to do with women and everything to do with my hatred of multi-way matches with 7+ participants. First IC shitfest at Mania, now this.

Just terrible booking in my mind. Think of more creative ways to get the talent on the cards if that's the issue.

My disdain for the modern product has probably never been higher than it is right now. And that might be the final straw.