Pro Wrestling Only

SummerSlam Brooklyn... It's Time!!!

goodhelmet

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE can spin but they're not blind, especially behind the scenes. I thought there was a chance the crowd would be pretty hot. But it wasn't the case. It was night and day. Same building. Considerable numbers. Both of them sell outs. HHH is going to make sure they don't turn a blind eye to it.

I think I'm going to need a full night's sleep to even begin to process the finish for the last match. That has to go down as an worst-of-all-time candidate for PPV finishes, doesn't it? If Hulk wasn't banned, he could be cutting a promo in the locker room in hysterics right now, asking Mean Gene how much money it cost for the plastic surgery.

so it looks like Cena/Rollins will be the title program until at least the end of the fall. I guess they could always throw Sheamus or Reigns in there but if Brock (and unless they do something like the above mentioned tag match it looks like it) is taking one of his hiatuses it looks like Cena and Rollins are the guys

https://www.facebook.com/Jerichobook/videos/491610780998106/

Taker collapsed while going to the back, had to crawl to get to Gorilla.

Edit: looking at it again it seems he just tripped. but that was a slow ass trip :lol:

He also stood back up and didn't crawl to gorilla. And you make fun of me about WF? That has some truly awful comments on it.

https://www.facebook.com/Jerichobook/videos/491610780998106/

Taker collapsed while going to the back, had to crawl to get to Gorilla.

Edit: looking at it again it seems he just tripped. but that was a slow ass trip :lol:

He also stood back up and didn't crawl to gorilla. And you make fun of me about WF? That has some god awful comments on it.

I just looked at the video, didn't even bother with the comments tbh.

How many people had Jon Stewart being the guy to get the rub when Cena dropped the US title? This company really knows how to make new stars.

Even worse, the guy who won it is already WWE Champion. So is beating Cena supposed to be a bigger win then winning the WWE title? He's traded TV wins with him back and forth for a year.

The reaction in the building to the end of the show wasn’t even one of booing or vitriol. You didn’t even hear much discussion of it as people left. Everyone just kind of waited awhile to see if anything else would happen. Then, when nothing did, the crowd filed out quietly. Lots of tired kids and parents after a four hour (or 3.5ish) show.

Brock looks huge in person. The general mass and wing span on the dude feels more akin to a bear than a human.

Also worth noting that this is the second time in a month where Taker has desperately tried to overpower Lesnar by cheapshotting him in the balls. Ric Flair circa 2000 would have considered those to be one toke over the line.

Match was entertaining until the lame finish, but at no point was it as over in the building as Rollins was. People loved him, hated Cena, and were elated to see someone defeat Big Match John. Almost surprised that people are talking more about Brock/Taker here than about what seemed like an enormous reaction to Rollins. Stewart living out some Andy Kaufman fantasy will be interesting.

Needless to say, the ticket to NXT was a fraction of the price and vastly more entertaining. Vote with your wallet, kids.

Ten biggest reactions of the weekend:

1. Bayley’s title win
  2. Rollins’ title win
  3. Sasha’s Escalade
  4. Cena’s entrance, albeit a maelstrom of boos
  5. Enzo and Cass’ entrance kicking off Takeover
  6. New Day’s title win
  7. New Day’s rap
  8. Taker’s entrance
  9. Brock’s entrance
  10. The announcement and arrival of Blue Pants

The main matches tonight reeked of WWE booking "big-time attraction" matches but being too chickenshit to actually end them cleanly. We got the usual stuff that attempts to squeeze one more week of interest out of the existing audience but prevents the company from growing.

WWE will get a few seconds on mainstream TV with Jon Stewart interfering in the title match but their reigning World champion is still booked like, well, like Seth Rollins.

If you're going to have Brock Lesnar bleeding hardway, flipping people off and cursing in your main event then you shouldn't have some fake-ass Russo finish lined up.

The rest of the card was sort of entertaining but not spectacular. This card definitely didn't need to go four hours.

What was the point of John Cena ever winning the U.S. Title to begin with then? He's a 15-time world champion. If you're giving him a midcard belt, isn't the whole idea to make the belt or an opponent look better by beating a top guy that has it?

Just seems silly. Silly like a Jon Stewart title match run-in or main event Montreal fuckery in 2015.

I didn't dislike Cena/Rollins nearly as much as I did Cena/Owens. For those talking about Rollins' offence, (superplex/FA and corner powerbomb aside - I can forgive the AA because it's Cena's move) what else was he going to do? Unless Cena was prepared to have his nose broken again and have Rollins go all smarmy-bastard stomping away at it, which would've gotten old fast, he pressed his speed and athleticism advantages and a big part of the build-up, as alluded to by the commentators to their credit, was criticisms of Rollins being an undeserving champion and he was out to prove them wrong. Granted, I think he could've put more mannerisms around it, indeed he should've done, ditto gone at the nose more than he did, but I have no problems with him doing SSPs and such like; being the heel doesn't negate the fact he's smaller, weaker, but also faster; evilness and athleticism aren't mutually exclusive..

That said, Sasha/Bayley was clearly better. I didn't notice Cena's pre-kick-out-push-offs (which it amazes me nobody's told him about and they're one of those things you can't un-see once you've noticed), but the other big weakness in his execution (aside from the general ungainliness) is how he often telegraphs the AA counters. Seth's one of the most athletic guys on the roster, probably second only to Neville, he doesn't need John holding him that long to prepare for the AA-flip-off.

1. Since when is a tap on the opponent's arm a tap out? Have to tap the mat

You have stuff like the dragon sleeper where the opponent can't reach the mat. Taker and Brock are also UFC guys where you typically tap the arm more often than the mat. It seems like something they would come up with.

WWE seems to not understand doing a feud which the superhuman babyface loses the first two matches to an opponent and has to overcome the odds to redeem themselves and win match #3.

First with Cena and Owens which had Cena win 2 rematches immediately rather than actually doing something with Cena losing.

Now with Undertaker getting his win back in a weird way rather than building up to a big-time Wrestlemania retirement match.

WWE seems to not understand doing a feud which the superhuman babyface loses the first two matches to an opponent and has to overcome the odds to redeem themselves and win match #3.

First with Cena and Owens which had Cena win 2 rematches immediately rather than actually doing something with Cena losing.

Now with Undertaker getting his win back in a weird way rather than building up to a big-time Wrestlemania retirement match.

There is this strange thought that trading wins is the best way to book.

I've seen a lot of complaining (not just here) about the Arrow guy being the face-in-peril in his match. What else should he have done? Received the hot tag and then cleaned house, beating up both Cody and Wade at the same time? He's a skinny actor whose athletic training is mostly in parkour-type stuff, I'd say that taking a shitkicking is his ideal role in a wrestling match.

I don't think anyone in that match (although Cody is supposedly a history buff, so maybe him) would be astute enough to watch MX/Cornette vs OMX/Dangerously from Chi-Town Rumble to look for ideas for incorporating non-wrestlers in a tag team match. Cornette played FIP there and made the hot tag and it worked, but I guess you can do that with a non-wrestler when their knowledge of wrestling psychology exceeds that of even most wrestlers.