Pro Wrestling Only

SummerSlam Brooklyn... It's Time!!!

goodhelmet

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Between the Jon Stewart run-in finish in the World Title match & the bullshit finish in the Taker/Brock match, I'm not sure if WWE has ever had a show with worse outcomes to the most important matches on a Pay-Per-View before. Holy...

That was bad. Like, can't even possibly try to defend it bad.

How in the world did they book that?

I thought the match was hugely fun whenever there were no suplexes or finishers happening (except for the corner Kimura and the last ride; that was awesome). It was all about the facial expressions. Taker's monster face after the sit up was one of my favorite Undertaker things ever.

Surprisingly good match. Undertaker kicking out of the F-5 the last two times to very little reaction was interesting. The crowd was not buying such a simple ending. Terrible, terrible finish. There were dozens of better ways to set up a third match. If they were going to show that Taker was beat, why not actually beat him leading to a third match at WM where Taker puts his career on the line for one last chance at Brock?

If they were going to show that Taker was beat, why not actually beat him leading to a third match at WM where Taker puts his career on the line for one last chance at Brock?

Plus it's perfect when you remember how Shawn put his career on the line because he just couldn't beat Taker.

I thought this show was comparable in quality -- in terms of matches -- to the NXT show. The only real difference was the crowd. It makes a difference when people seem over. A lot of the NXT workers are still green, but they are over. World of difference.

Sasha vs. Bayley was the best match of the weekend, but I'd probably take Brock vs. Taker over anything else on NXT show, even allowing for finish. And Cesaro vs. Owens, and even Sheamus vs. Orton, as well as the tag title match, were all probably on average better than the average level of the undercard of the NXT show. But the crowd sucked. So that makes everything seem worse.