Pro Wrestling Only

SummerSlam Brooklyn... It's Time!!!

goodhelmet

Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens

- This was fun with both guys throwing bombs at each other

- The crowd hurt this match as they were not invested in the match itself.

- “We want Liger” was a fun chant.

- Cesaro is so awesome but the crowd was dead and burnt out on this match. If this opens the show, these guys tear the house down with a hot crowd.

- This was still the 2nd best match on the show

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This might deserve its own thread, instead of getting lost in the SummerSlam thread but it's just a passing thought I wanted to say. I hate the current direction in WWE where matches seem to be all about just doing "cool moves" to pop the crowd & kicking out of finishes until the crowd chants "this is awesome" instead of just having some damn pace & psychology to a match.

They are showing replays from NXT.... but... but... but.... it's a separate universe!!!!

All you have to do is Bolieve.

Like it or not, Owens gets a much bigger reaction than Cesaro.

Felt like they were really trying to showcase them as the 2015 "Helmsley Classic" final. Crowd was fatigued after three plus hours, but Owens needed a win and the match was solid. Almost would have preferred a less decisive finish as neither guy should lose right now.

Interesting how little talking there's been on this show. Practically ten straight matches, for better or worse.

The company is overrun with the indy workers of the last seven years. It makes some sense that that style would overrun the promotion too. I thought they were doing a better job a few years ago of distilling that out of people in developmental. Now, they seem to be shooting for the same dollar from the ROH fans in Developmental. So who knows?

I thought Cesaro looked amazing in that match from a physical/execution standpoint but they were definitely going a thousand miles an hour.

Tag matches were awesome. Jon Stewart lol. I didn't like Cena no selling the frog splash, and Rollins no selling the figure 4 spot. Good spot fest, but Jon Stewart WTF. The layout to the divas match was crap. Stay in NXT girls. I loved Owens/Cesaro, but the crowd was spent.

This might deserve its own thread, instead of getting lost in the SummerSlam thread but it's just a passing thought I wanted to say. I hate the current direction in WWE where matches seem to be all about just doing "cool moves" to pop the crowd & kicking out of finishes until the crowd chants "this is awesome" instead of just having some damn pace & psychology to a match.

Yea I'm with you here. I haven't had a WWE Network subscription for the past few months because I think the Owens/Cena stuff is essentially the template they are going to run with now and that shit does absolutely nothing for me. I'm fine living in the past with NWAClassics and the stupid amount of DVDs I have. I'll put Raw on in the background since it is free but they aren't getting my money.

Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker

- Brock attacking Taker during the entrance is AWESOME

- Taker is taking those suplexes like a man.

- Taker’s offense is solid and he isn’t embarrassing himself here

- The build to the F5 through the announcing table was great

- Great drama in the match with a super lame finish