Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the NXT show in Indy.

Asuka defeated Emma with choke

Blake and Murphy defeated Johnny Gargano/Tommaso Ciampa

Bayley defeated Alexa Bliss with the Bayley-to-Bayley to retain Women's Title

Dash and Dawson defeated Jason Jordan/Chad Gable in a 2/3 Falls match with American Alpha taking the first fall, Dash and Dawson the last two to retain tag titles. Best match on the show. First two falls even, third had Gable as FIP and super hot finish after the hot tag.

Nia Jax defeated Billie Kay

Sami Zayn defeated Baron Corbin and Samoa Joe in a Triple Threat when he pinned Corbin after the boot in the corner.

Every match was enjoyable and good/really good. Honestly, the most fun I've had at a wrestling show. Non-wrestling highlight of the show was Bayley, after winning her match, gets on the mic and asks Finn to come out. Finn comes out on crutches and once in the ring, she asks him if anything she can do to make him feel better. He plays it like he's in a terrible amount of pain as he whispers in her ear what would make him feel better, all the while looking out to the fans and grinning, raising his eyebrows up and down. Bayley gets excited and runs to the back. Soon after Finn's music hit and Bayley comes out with a Balor Club leather jacket on and does Finn's whole entrance while he is in the ring loving it. The segment had everyone going nuts.

Fun notes:

It was fun to see Asuka live. She's so small, but her kicks and uraken's look and sound painful.

Gargano and Ciampa work awesome together as a tag.

Bayley was by far the most over person in the building. It wasn't even close. Next closest were American Alpha (Jason Jordan from Indiana University I guess) and Sami Zayn. Only person in the place not cheering for Bayley was the douchebag sitting behind me who talked about Alexa Bliss' ass the whole match.

Dash and Dawson are a really good team. Highlight for me was Dawson pulling out a Gori Guerrero Special on Gable during their match.

During intermission I was on my way to the merchandise stand and I heard some obnoxious guy telling his friend he must go to a New Japan show. "DUDE ... TANAHASHI, OKADA, THE YOUNG BUCKS, KENNY OMEGA ... YOU GOTTA GO ... YOU GOTTA GO" Made me wonder if I was ever that obnoxious. All caps used to put over just how loudly and stern this guy was speaking.

The guy sitting next to me came with his girlfriend and he looked just like Matt Hughes. He came in during the first match and only stayed until the end of American Alpha's match. During that whole match he was orgasmic over Jason Jordan. I guess he went to IU because he participated in every IU chant and even called Jason "Nate." As a side note, this guy's girlfriend was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life. That didn't stop him from spilling her beer everywhere as he jumped up to cheer on Jordan.

As I was leaving some guy behind me was talking about "Ray Stevens beating Nick Bockwinkel for the title" and the Cauliflower Alley Club. Not sure what title he was talking about and the guy was my age so it wasn't like he saw it in person. Just a weird dichotomy with the earlier NJPW guy.

Dash and Dawson defeated Jason Jordan/Chad Gable in a 2/3 Falls match with American Alpha taking the first fall, Dash and Dawson the last two to retain tag titles. Best match on the show. First two falls even, third had Gable as FIP and super hot finish after the hot tag.

Sami Zayn defeated Baron Corbin and Samoa Joe in a Triple Threat when he pinned Corbin after the boot in the corner.

Every match was enjoyable and good/really good. Honestly, the most fun I've had at a wrestling show. Non-wrestling highlight of the show was Bayley, after winning her match, gets on the mic and asks Finn to come out. Finn comes out on crutches and once in the ring, she asks him if anything she can do to make him feel better. He plays it like he's in a terrible amount of pain as he whispers in her ear what would make him feel better, all the while looking out to the fans and grinning, raising his eyebrows up and down. Bayley gets excited and runs to the back. Soon after Finn's music hit and Bayley comes out with a Balor Club leather jacket on and does Finn's whole entrance while he is in the ring loving it. The segment had everyone going nuts.

Fun notes:

It was fun to see Asuka live. She's so small, but her kicks and uraken's look and sound painful.

Bayley was by far the most over person in the building. It wasn't even close. Next closest were American Alpha (Jason Jordan from Indiana University I guess) and Sami Zayn. Only person in the place not cheering for Bayley was the douchebag sitting behind me who talked about Alexa Bliss' ass the whole match.

Dash and Dawson are a really good team. Highlight for me was Dawson pulling out a Gori Guerrero Special on Gable during their match.

During intermission I was on my way to the merchandise stand and I heard some obnoxious guy telling his friend he must go to a New Japan show. "DUDE ... TANAHASHI, OKADA, THE YOUNG BUCKS, KENNY OMEGA ... YOU GOTTA GO ... YOU GOTTA GO" Made me wonder if I was ever that obnoxious. All caps used to put over just how loudly and stern this guy was speaking.

The guy sitting next to me came with his girlfriend and he looked just like Matt Hughes. He came in during the first match and only stayed until the end of American Alpha's match. During that whole match he was orgasmic over Jason Jordan. I guess he went to IU because he participated in every IU chant and even called Jason "Nate." As a side note, this guy's girlfriend was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life. That didn't stop him from spilling her beer everywhere as he jumped up to cheer on Jordan.

As I was leaving some guy behind me was talking about "Ray Stevens beating Nick Bockwinkel for the title" and the Cauliflower Alley Club. Not sure what title he was talking about and the guy was my age so it wasn't like he saw it in person. Just a weird dichotomy with the earlier NJPW guy.

That sounds like it was a blast, man. And I'm loving "smart fans saying crazy wrong shit". It's an evolution from the old days of hearing fans go on about urban legends at shows.

Only person in the place not cheering for Bayley was the douchebag sitting behind me who talked about Alexa Bliss' ass the whole match.

To be fair, I'd be the same way. Alexa has a wonderful dumper.

Only person in the place not cheering for Bayley was the douchebag sitting behind me who talked about Alexa Bliss' ass the whole match.

To be fair, I'd be the same way. Alexa has a wonderful dumper.

While I didn't outwardly talk about it for 10 minutes like this guy, from front row ringside, yes, it was ungodly perfect :)

Speaking of smart fan saying silly things, check out the guys review of the show on F4W. Comparing Dawson/Gable to the first time DK and TM hooked up ... Jason Jordan to Rick Steiner w/ Sonny Siaki charisma ... oh brother.

Fun notes:

That sounds like it was a blast, man. And I'm loving "smart fans saying crazy wrong shit". It's an evolution from the old days of hearing fans go on about urban legends

To be fair I think when men are talking about sports they have a tendency to talk out of their ass and blatantly lie to compensate for not knowing what they are talking about. When it comes to art, especially performance art, everybody bullshits to seem cultured. When you take wrestling you get the worst of both worlds.

Bayley is so good. She has actually had good matches with Eva Marie, Carmella, and a green as grass Nia Jax and made them all look somewhat credible and had everyone believing that those three could actually win the title from her. Is Bayley the mechanic of the NXT women's division? Once she is gone who takes that spot? Emma? I know Emma is good, but is she that good?

I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT, I love NXT...

Every week I finish watching NXT and think to myself, "That was a perfect hour of wrestling. No soap opera, no BS. Just wrestlers wrestling and wanting to be the best. Everything revolves around that basic premise and it makes for such an enjoyable product.

And it feels like that direction of 'everyone wants to be champion' in their respective division provides for everyone in the roster. No one is seemingly feuding for no reason like Owens and Ziggler are right now. Everything is about getting to the top of the mountain and that has provided significant motivation to several angles and story lines.

Bayley/Carmella produced about as good a match as could have been hoped for and the post-match with Bayley and Asuka was absolutely electric. That has to be the biggest match NXT could put together right now.

The Drifter is supposed to be getting go away heat, right?

I know this point has been beaten to death lately, but Baron Corbin is someone who I went from hating to begrudgingly tolerating to now . . . well I kind of enjoy him if only for his character work. Their patience with him is really starting to pay dividends.

Yeah that focus should be transferred to wwe proper.

I think it's easier with no heel authority figure.

Great show again this week.

Right the whole Authority gimmick invalidates people earning things as the company can just upturn the apple cart at a moment's notice (and often do) but its deeper seeded than even that. In WWE Prime, The Rock could get a World Title shot tomorrow without having been in a match in years. The whole Money in the Bank concept is almost predicated in an unworthy champion being crowned by picking their spot. The idea of someone just walking into NXT and getting a title opportunity happened exactly once with Kevin Owens and it was explained in story terms and they made a point of having Regal argue against a title show and having Sami get suckered in to a match based on the angle.

I know this point has been beaten to death lately, but Baron Corbin is someone who I went from hating to begrudgingly tolerating to now . . . well I kind of enjoy him if only for his character work. Their patience with him is really starting to pay dividends.

Agreed. Stepping up his in-ring trash talk/crowd interaction is doing wonders for getting him over with me even while his offense remains mostly pedestrian. That "I'm doing pretty well, old man" crack to the dude in the front row last night was gold. The more wrestlers engage the crowd, the more invested the crowd becomes. It's not rocket surgery.

Seriously, they made about eight different matches in the space of two minutes at the end of that show, and they all sound interesting or awesome or both. Some of which include EVA MARIE.

This women's division is nuts. The whole company too, but the women in particular. This is the women's division of my dreams back when I'd suffer through 2-minute TV matches that nobody else could possibly enjoy. I love NXT.

Every week I finish watching NXT and think to myself, "That was a perfect hour of wrestling. No soap opera, no BS. Just wrestlers wrestling and wanting to be the best. Everything revolves around that basic premise and it makes for such an enjoyable product.

I maintain that one hour is the perfect length for a weekly wrestling show.