Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really can't wait for the 2/3 falls match next week. Joe has been absolutely on fire since the turn and knowing what I know about the match (basically the length), this has the makings of one of the best matches NXT has ever put on.

Plus, they did the smart thing and put this match first on the tapings, as opposed to putting it at the end, which will guarantee a hot crowd.

The Drifter beating the shit out of the Marine Corp dude on NXT tonight was fucking great. Drifter rules.

How could you see the ring from all the people "going to the bathroom"?

Shockingly, there was not a mass exodus noticeable.

Goofy spoiler writing guy making stuff up!

The Drifter is better now than the first few times he showed up, he's just missing a certain...something. I don't know what it is but once he finds it, he'll be gold, because he's already so naturally unlikeable.

Balor vs Neville couldn't be any more of a robot match, but they did get me down the stretch once they started busting out wacky stuff like the rebound German-deadlift German, or Neville flying halfway across the ring and landing on the turnbuckle at the finish. The key for a soulless match like this is to have exciting spots, and they accomplished that.

Emma and Dana are a great act. Emma beating the shit out of jobbers while Dana talks smack is one of my favorite things in NXT. Corbin's beat down of Aries was king sized. They got me more interested in that feud in a minute than anything on the main roster.

Zayn/Joe was very good but stopped just short of great I thought. My thoughts are a little mixed in that I thought if anything the first fall was a little TOO methodical and tedious. But that slow slow build made the escalation of the final fall so much more satisfying. And it is something just how much they had everyone with them for that final stretch.

If anything I think Zayn oversold every little thing in both his matches with Joe. I'd rather someone sell too much than too little but I don't think he needs to sell every jab and chop like a lethal gunshot five minutes into a match. And I love Zayn, don't get me wrong. Even the hulk-up spot near the end worked perfectly for me.

Does anyone else get the idea from the last few weeks that they're trying to really condition crowds on simpler, slower-building matches? Really felt like that during the American Alpha/Blake and Murphy rematch and this main event.

I was trying not to spoil it ☺

I hate spoilers on taped stuff that hasn't aired, but if somebody comes to this thread the day after a show airs not expecting to find spoilers on the previous night's episode, that's kind of on them.

So Dave just casually mentioned on last night's shows that the last tapings were it for Ryan Ward and he's being promoted to the main roster creative team to work on Smackdown. A lot of people seemed to be giving him the lion's share of credit for being the one behind NXT's success, might be interesting to see how things develop with someone else.

I doubt Ward will have the autonomy he had in NXT, which is a real shame. Not like Kevin Dunn and Co. are gonna jump at the opportunity to use his ideas as much as theirs.

I thought Joe/Zayn was a MOTYC because they did so much to make so many things in the match actually mean something. Joe's deliberate nature once he took over in the first fall and how his dominance set the pace for the rest of the match, Sami's selling and comebacks were timed very well, and then the finish where Sami proves that even if you want to not give up, sometimes it just happens, was really well done. Joe is putting together one hell of a run right now and it's been tremendous to see him and Sami match up like this.