Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

I don't think she is really. I think if she is, it is that she's been good about saving her money and NXT does offer less expenses so she might have found a happy balance that she gets to have a decent enough living while having a blast being the top female name that she knows would be less attainable when she moved up but there will be a time she will want that money and a challenge.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the way their pay structure is worked is that guys like Samoa Joe who understands hes there for NXT and not to expect a move up unless plan changes are getting paid more as NXT performers than the developmental types they might call up because that is it for them. They are not seeing much of a bump in pay over the life of the contract whereas developmental guys make less with the understanding that if they do well enough to get called up they get raises.

I think the way their pay structure is worked is that guys like Samoa Joe who understands hes there for NXT and not to expect a move up unless plan changes are getting paid more as NXT performers than the developmental types they might call up because that is it for them. They are not seeing much of a bump in pay over the life of the contract whereas developmental guys make less with the understanding that if they do well enough to get called up they get raises.

That's my understanding as well, with the Joe/Aries types getting paid differently than truly developmental workers, and folks like Nak/Balor getting different money to come in as well. Nak reportedly got legit upper card money, whatever that may mean, while Balor is undoubtedly making more than developmental but perhaps not "big" midcard money. I will happily dismount my unicorn and bend the knee when someone making developmental money says no thanks to the WWE brand and associated pay raise so they can continue enjoying tapings at Full Sail University.

Even if it were true that someone wanted to stay in NXT and not get called up you would hope they would have the sense NOT to say that when it was time for them to go to the main roster because that would definitely seem like a thing that would get you disqualified in Vince's eyes as someone who doesn't want to "grab the brass ring."

Its cool, everyone in NXT is a virtuous purist who only cares about the art of wrestling. They're all going to seek out those opportunities that maximize their personal and professional satisfaction, except for what they earn. If that makes sense to you that's really great.

Specifically who has said they would rather stay in NXT?

Where did I say all talent? I said there was a few who would rather stay down and have said that to sources and media. Obviously that is not everybody.

Everyone that says they are having fun in NXT and don't mind staying as long as possible are playing politics there is literally no one that has signed a deal with WWE thinking to themselves that they wan't to stay in developmental forever. The type of workers that are fine with working shows that size for that money are the type that work a show a month for their local indy for their entire career. You'd have to be really dumb to shit on the place you currently are at openly think about your own job sure you might tell a co-worker or a friend that it sucks but would you say that to your boss or to someone that will report it out so the owner could hear it?

That assumes Vince even watches NXT which I would seriously question. I know the idea is he is such a control freak that he manages everything from top to bottom but the fact is not too long ago either Triple H has said or Vince admitted himself that he hadn't even seen the Performance Center for himself which makes me think he doesn't really bother to attend anything to do with NXT unless its an important Takeover event right before a WWE event, MAYBE. I think Vince has really just allowed Triple H to take complete ownership of NXT either to show him what he can do as a showrunner and boss or just to keep him busy so he doesn't get too grubby about control over WWE shows and keeps him preoccupied so Vince can resume his position on top unchallenged.

Vince was at the NXT show before Mania last year and was pissed that the crowd was chanting "better than Mania" during the show. I wouldn't be shocked that he might not hold anyone from NXT in high regards because of that. It would just fit in with everything we know about Vince to have a "I'll show them who's better" mentality.

I think there are guys and gals in NXT who always wanted to be in WWE and truly love being in NXT and want to stay there. I can think of several reasons for why this would be true:

1. He/She is already in WWE. No matter how we try and slice it, NXT is WWE

2. Lighter schedule

3. A bit more freedom to experiment/have fun

4. Crowds aren't as pissy as on the main roster.

5. The booking and everyone in the back are NOT out to see anyone fail in NXT.

If I was in NXT and getting paid close to or over six figures, I probably wouldn't want to move up to the main roster either.

I still think Bayley currently is in the "unique circumstances" category, even if she didn't start that way. I imagine Trips is taking care of her as they continue to become a touring brand.

The story was that they did not get per show bonuses but that a select few were bumped up to around six figures. If not her, then who?

She shouldn't get called up. She's a draw in NXT. They should run with that as far as they can.

It's really sad the main roster is so bad at booking that some people would rather stay in developmental then be called up. Imagine someone wanting to stay in the AHL over the NHL. That's insanity.

I am CERTAIN that someone wanted to be a Chicago Wolf and not a Chicago Blackhawk during the Wirtz years. It'd be impossible for that to have not happened.

Eva will be far more over on the main roster than 95% of the current NXT roster, for two reasons:

1. She has a top five character compared to most of them.

2. She'll get more opportunities from Vince and Dunn than someone like a Tyler Breeze has.

You think Blake and Murphy, The Revival, Billie Kay, etc. will outlast her once they're all on Raw? They'll be lost in the shuffle while Eva saunters her way to the top.

Tell me I'm wrong. Deep down, you know I'm not.

Of course you're not wrong, she's a hot chick who's already on another TV property they push the snot out of. Who would tell you you're wrong for saying that?

Plus she was on WWE TV before going down there so she's not a "homegrown" NXT talent in the eyes of someone like Vince.

Next weeks Takeover show is going to be really interesting because logically you assume that every title could change hands AND Zayn loses in the same night. It wouldn't make sense for American Alpha to lose to way they are so hot right now. I would assume that Bayley is losing to Asuka so she can get ready to be buried on the main roster. And I would think Balor loses to Joe to set up Finn and the Bullet Club going to the main roster.

I guess it really depends on how many NXT people are getting called up the day after Wrestlemania.

I can't really imagine Shane winning his match but it would definitely be weird if his winning led to Triple H guys from NXT showing up on WWE TV as part of the post Mania roster infusion under the guise of being Shane guys.

It would make perfect sense in that they've made several kind-of-inside comments that what happens on NXT doesn't matter (unless of course it does like with the women), so them making all the NXT guys Shane's crew would be the most WWE thing they could do.

Which few have turned down a pay raise? Not inquiring about those who are happy in NXT and not in love with the idea of leaving, but rather the wrestlers who said no thanks to being called up and the bump in pay that comes with it.

Sylvester Lefort for one. They wanted to bring him up as a manager but he wanted to wrestle. Now he's in TNA.

Which few have turned down a pay raise? Not inquiring about those who are happy in NXT and not in love with the idea of leaving, but rather the wrestlers who said no thanks to being called up and the bump in pay that comes with it.

Sylvester Lefort for one. They wanted to bring him up as a manager but he wanted to wrestle. Now he's in TNA.

What a maroon.