Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 32

TravJ1979

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck it.... i am embracing this shitty card. I will cheer for Shane O Mac. I will cheer HHH since that is what the company wants us to do. I will pop for the legends of WWE and be better for it. This company has defeated me.

Is it something about Vince that makes people not want to shut the door on WWE? If people were as masochistic 15 years ago, we'd still have a WCW.

I have been going through 2000 WCW. The big difference (and i mention this on every other reaction show) but WWE can still put on quality high end matches even when the booking sucks. Even if the wrong guy goes over, we aren't seeing Russo level stupidity.

This really can't be undersold. I see a lot of newer fans who honestly believe current WWE is the WORST SHOW EVER and have no idea (luckily for them) what it was like watching the dying days of WCW. I might get mad at WWE's stubbornness, but Russo booked WCW shows usually left me feeling like I just gave myself brain damage by watching it.

The way they have built Brock/Ambrose with Ambrose needing weapons to keep Brock at bay it is kind of like the talent level disparity is as bad as the disparity between Taker and Shane.

Well when Ambrose is competing with Dolph Ziggler for weakest looking offense in the WWE that's kind of the only option they have. It's not like he can go out and have a match like Reigns/Lesnar last year where it looked like two dudes really beating the shit out of each other. Everything Ambrose does looks super soft.

Instead of a competitive match, I would much rather see Lesnar beat the shit out of Ambrose for 20 minutes like he did with Cena at SummerSlam a few years back.

The way they have built Brock/Ambrose with Ambrose needing weapons to keep Brock at bay it is kind of like the talent level disparity is as bad as the disparity between Taker and Shane.

Well when Ambrose is competing with Dolph Ziggler for weakest looking offense in the WWE that's kind of the only option they have. It's not like he can go out and have a match like Reigns/Lesnar last year where it looked like two dudes really beating the shit out of each other. Everything Ambrose does looks super soft.
Then maybe they shouldn't have booked that match to begin with. I know the match is only happening because Brock the character vs Dean the character looks compelling on paper but yeah Ambrose is nowhere close to Lesnar's physicality or true intensity. I wouldn't have had a problem with their approach in building the match if Ambrose ever looked like a dangerous guy when it comes to wielding weapons but that hasn't been the case. So far they had Lesnar destroy Ambrose in the parkibg lot, they have had Ambrose do an Austin type Attitude Era spot where he rides in the arena with a big vehicle only except instead of spraying beer or milk at his opponent or filling his car with cement mix or destroy his tour bus and so on and just had Ambrose crawl back an already beaten man for Lesnar to easily manhandle. The most impressive they have had Ambrose look in a Lesnar segment was swinging a crowbar around and not even hitting Lesnar at all. So to recap, anytime it turns physical Lesnar just owns Ambrose and only when he is talking on the mic or waving crowbars wildly does Ambrose even look mildly dangerous. Hell WCW's psychotic jobber Crowbar has looked more intimidating with the crowbar than Ambrose.

Now the stip is Taker will never be able to wrestle at mania again if he loses to Shane. I can't think of a more better (worse?) example of booking yourself into a corner than this match. Either result is going to be painfully depressing. The crowd wants so bad for the Authority to be gone and it's an ultimate dick punch to tease them with something fresh and then pull back

Now the stip is Taker will never be able to wrestle at mania again if he loses to Shane. I can't think of a more better (worse?) example of booking yourself into a corner than this match. Either result is going to be painfully depressing. The crowd wants so bad for the Authority to be gone and it's an ultimate dick punch to tease them with something fresh and then pull back

Dunno. Too bad the fans probably don't trust the WWE to honor any stipulations involving the Authority but I think Taker not wrestling again at Mania is a pill the fans would be ready to swallow. He has nothing going for himself now. The streak is over. He is 50 and not gonna put on the instant classics he was with Shawn or Hunter or etc anymore. Ending the Authority at Taker's expense I think is an outcome the fans would accept as a necessary loss.

I am looking forward to the show more than ever now. With so little interest in the product or the outcomes, I can become completely unhinged at Mania and have fun much to the chagrin of those around me.

Seriously, should I get the Iron Fist shirt...

M2001.jpg

OR the Termination T....

31486.jpg

Dunno. Too bad the fans probably don't trust the WWE to honor any stipulations involving the Authority but I think Taker not wrestling again at Mania is a pill the fans would be ready to swallow. He has nothing going for himself now. The streak is over. He is 50 and not gonna put on the instant classics he was with Shawn or Hunter or etc anymore. Ending the Authority at Taker's expense I think is an outcome the fans would accept as a necessary loss.

One of the biggest complaints people have is since the Authority steamrolls everyone, there's never a happy ending. So they go and add stips that ensure there won't be a happy ending no matter what the result.

The funny thing is I don't think even if Shane won, Taker not wrestling is a stipulation that logically can be enforced. Vince is imposing this stipulation but suppose Taker throws the match away, why would Shane adhere to a stipulation his father set, when it is his authority that Shane is challenging in the first place? I am sure they will think of stupid things but when you look at it logically, that stipulation has no bite to it unless Shane himself acknowledged an agreement to needing that.

One way I can see this sort of making sense is that if Taker loses, he states he's a man of his word and says that it was his last Mania match even if Shane overturns the stip. That way Taker can be the Honorable Veteran and not make Shane look like a doofus for honoring the authority he was fighting to overthrow.

That only works if this was in fact gonna be the last time Taker ever wrestled. I can't see his last match not being at Wrestlemania and I can't imagine Shane being the guy Taker picks as his very final opponent. I very strongly believe either the Authority wins or that if Shane somehow won it would be with Taker throwing the match and the stipulation isn't honored.

Considering NXT guys are rumored to be starting on the main roster after WM, may be Taker wins and Shane comes out with his NXT army to a mega pop from the day after Mania crowd?

Sadly I wouldn't put it past them to have one of the most anticipated Raws of the year turn into a three hour McMahon wank fest about how they always win in the end.

I'd go suit with no tie and make sure you have a water bottle to spit from when you walk down the aisle. Or maybe suit plus Iron Fist tee in case some folks are dense.

Love it. Start suit and by the end of the night, Iron Fist tee and jeans, possibly with hands taped.